Bills Interested in Vincent Jackson

Sniper

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New England will make a push for him, or at least they should. I dont know what their cap situation will be.

Screw them, its time for us to take over the division. Signing Vince would fill a huge need and more importantly would show other players that we are serious about winning and would show the same too the players we have and could get everyone here to play harder.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

If the Bills sign either SJ or VJ the other won't be signed. It's one or the other. As to whom they prefer, there's a legit case to be made for both. Personally, I hope they re-sign Stevie.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree 100% with you. But it would be so good to have both guys! Who would BB double? I guess he would try to double both like he did to Cruz and Nicks... but we still have Fred! Nelson would sure see alot of 1 on 1 converage, thats for sure.

I guess if the Bills decide to not sign anyone on defense they could go after VJ (10+ a year!) but personally i prefer they go after a top5 free agent defensive end. jmo.

If the Bills sign either SJ or VJ the other won't be signed. It's one or the other. As to whom they prefer, there's a legit case to be made for both. Personally, I hope they re-sign Stevie.

GO BILLS!!!

Yea because we were so good with just Stevie. You guys need to stop trying to be GM's. To sign both will not put us over the cap so explain why the hell we wouldn't be able to sign both plus take care of Fred... Let me guess. Cuz "ralph is cheap" right?

Sometimes you gotta love Bills fans and sometimes you wish they'd stop with the miserable attitude.

Yea because we were so good with just Stevie. You guys need to stop trying to be GM's. To sign both will not put us over the cap so explain why the hell we wouldn't be able to sign both plus take care of Fred... Let me guess. Cuz "ralph is cheap" right?

Sometimes you gotta love Bills fans and sometimes you wish they'd stop with the miserable attitude.

Calm down buddy.

I'll explain.

Its not that signing both will put us over the cap. Its just that some of us realize that the Bills need to spend money elsewhere as well. You think i dont want to see the Bills resign everyone and sign free agents left and right? Its not being negative imo if you are just being honest.

If you would rather see the Bills sign VJ instead of spending money on for example a DE thats fine. Im not the guy who is going to try to insult your opinion.. but dont insult others who are just being realistic okay? :beer:

I've never said Ralph was cheap. Ever. Not once. So don't go there with me. Save it for those that actually think that crap.

It's my opinion that they won't sign both because it would represent too huge of an amount of real cash dollars tied up in the WR position. It could be over $20m in bonus dollars alone for the upcoming season and could very well be more depending on their attractiveness to other teams in the market.

Given their requirements at other positions, especially on the D side, I just don't see them tying up so much cash at ANY one position, let alone WR.

That doesn't make me miserable at all. Just being pragmatic.

GO BILLS!!!

First of all, who the hell is Daniel Wolf?

Secondly Sniper, I know you're trying to drive up traffic to your website so maybe you ought to be upfront about that.

For the sake of the story I'd be much more interested as to who the prime mover for this story was… who did Daniel Wolf get this story from?

He says per ESPN so I'd have preferred that you link to the original ESPN story… not someone named Daniel Wolf.

As for the story itself, is it also possible that this "interest" in V Jackson might be a ploy to leverage on the Stevie Johnson (non) negotiations?

Not that surprised at this, due to Nix's ties to San Diego

How come absolutely any player that has crossed paths with chanix in KC, San Diego, college, etc. has "ties" and people would believe they would run, not walk to Buffalo? Is it the friggin colossal signing mistake and easy payday a broken down Merriman has received here so far? Everyone wanted Merriman to succeed but the odds are stacked against him now. Roids will do that to a player.

What is the draw when players have these "ties"? Is it all the championships? Oops Channix don't own any anywhere. I think it may be the finger lickin good southern barbacue these guys can probably cook up.

Why would VJ really want to be here? The quarterback? Don't think so. It's because, the Bills would overpay for him and no contender is interested. That's why. This team is several good winning campaigns away from any good, healthy, and YOUNG FA wanting too sign here. That article is like most posted up here, pure speculation (at this point) but anyone could guess if the 9ers and the bills had the same offer where would VJ go? exactly! Nix is not part of the equation.

It appears there maybe a lot of disappointment when these name players thumb their noses IF we even make them an offer this offseason. I have read zero credible accounts that the bills are gearing up for a big run. Just speculation like posts that the GM, coach, have their jobs on the line this year. haven't read that anywhere credible and doubt that is true either. Lets hope we do it with what we have and a couple of decent FA pick ups this offseason.

Calm down buddy.

I'll explain.

Its not that signing both will put us over the cap. Its just that some of us realize that the Bills need to spend money elsewhere as well. You think i dont want to see the Bills resign everyone and sign free agents left and right? Its not being negative imo if you are just being honest.

If you would rather see the Bills sign VJ instead of spending money on for example a DE thats fine. Im not the guy who is going to try to insult your opinion.. but dont insult others who are just being realistic okay? :beer:

If you felt like I insulted you I apologize but my point was that you WEREN'T being realistic when you said we couldn't sign both VJ and SJ... We already have a CJ on the team now all we need is a BJ and chill out and let Buddy do what he came here to do...

moving from Whale's vagina to Buffalo for a guy who likes to party.....it's gonna take a lot of dough.

there's always places to party but hopefully he's grown out of that by now and parting is not his priority.

GO BILLS!!!

Why not, Nix plans on getting another star receiver so whats the big deal.

How come absolutely any player that has crossed paths with chanix in KC, San Diego, college, etc. has "ties" and people would believe they would run, not walk to Buffalo? Is it the friggin colossal signing mistake and easy payday a broken down Merriman has received here so far? Everyone wanted Merriman to succeed but the odds are stacked against him now. Roids will do that to a player.

What is the draw when players have these "ties"? Is it all the championships? Oops Channix don't own any anywhere. I think it may be the finger lickin good southern barbacue these guys can probably cook up.

Why would VJ really want to be here? The quarterback? Don't think so. It's because, the Bills would overpay for him and no contender is interested. That's why. This team is several good winning campaigns away from any good, healthy, and YOUNG FA wanting too sign here. That article is like most posted up here, pure speculation (at this point) but anyone could guess if the 9ers and the bills had the same offer where would VJ go? exactly! Nix is not part of the equation.

It appears there maybe a lot of disappointment when these name players thumb their noses IF we even make them an offer this offseason. I have read zero credible accounts that the bills are gearing up for a big run. Just speculation like posts that the GM, coach, have their jobs on the line this year. haven't read that anywhere credible and doubt that is true either. Lets hope we do it with what we have and a couple of decent FA pick ups this offseason.

Where would you expect to find these? The off-season has barely started. Teams haven't named their franchise/transition players yet. All you're going to get is speculation.

there's always places to party but hopefully he's grown out of that by now and parting is not his priority.

Why not, Nix plans on getting another star receiver so whats the big deal.

The big deal is that it's TWO big deals tied up in the WR position. I'm not so sure it fits into their plans for upgrading the rest of the roster. I wouldn't mind seeing it but I'd be very surprised if it happened.

GO BILLS!!!

If you felt like I insulted you I apologize but my point was that you WEREN'T being realistic when you said we couldn't sign both VJ and SJ... We already have a CJ on the team now all we need is a BJ and chill out and let Buddy do what he came here to do...

Actually, I wasnt the one who said it, it was K-9. And he didnt say we couldnt, he said we wouldnt. And not only did i not say we couldnt.. i think i explained that we could if we didnt spend much money elsewhere.

Maybe youre right and i do have a miserable attitude but i dont think so. I actually argued for both sides of the issue. Both for signing him and against. I just think i was being realistic. Do you think they will spend almost $20 mil. on SJ and VJ? Because that is what it will take.

NFL network ticker just indicated Jackson "wants to stay with Chargers" and Michael Lombardi was quoted as saying he was "told by people in San Diego they're going to do everything in their power to sign him, but this is going to be expensive." Think that doesn't bode well for us (or anyone else for that matter). Where there's a will (on both sides) there's a way (to get a deal done)--unless someone makes him an offer he can't refuse and I doubt that will be us (break the bank for Mario!!!).