Why We're Heading In The Right Direction

HuSeYiN1978

But at what point do we start trusting Buddy? He has done everything he said he would do. He is building through the draft and signing our own players.

Yes, with guys like Terrell Troup, Alex Carrington, and CJ Spiller that you can build your franchise around, Nix is doing a fine job building thru the draft.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching this deal closely before I had an opinion on Buddy. This indeed was a homerun for a few reasons. 1 is we did'nt overpay. 2 is we retained our OWN GOOD PLAYERS!. when was the last time we could say that. It has been a revolving door at 1 Bills drive for years and I truly believe that is why this team can not take the next step. You build from within and don't pay for overpriced free agents. This also sends a message to the mid tier free agents that say come in here for a yr or two yrs and perform and get rewarded with a good long term contract. These players opinion of Buddy is that He's a man of his word...I think that says alot about Buddy and the direction this team seems to be heading.

Integrity is a leadership trait that many times is overlooked. Buddy and the Bills organization have demonstrated that well to the players and Bills fans in their negotiations with WR SJ. Perhaps we can look back at this day in the near future as the point where this team and organization turned the corner back to relevancy?

March 5, 2012 - a good day for Bills fans everywhere.

Yes, with guys like Terrell Troup, Alex Carrington, and CJ Spiller that you can build your franchise around, Nix is doing a fine job building thru the draft.

CJ? When he was th efocused back he stepped up.

Carrington has been asked to play 3 different positions in two different schemes. And put on 20-30lbs. He has shown flashes of being solid.

Lets see how he does if allowed to play his natural weight at his natural position(DE) this year.

And Troup got hurt last year. In what would have been his second season.

How about today we stay positive? I mean Buddy did just re-sign SJ for a contract we thought SJ SHOULD sign, but would not.

So then, you see fit to ignore players like Eric Wood, Jairus Byrd, Andy Levitre, Marcell Dareus, Aaron Williams, and Kelvin Sheppard, all of whom were drafted since Nix arrived in 2009?

Good to know...

I get that you are a negative member here and all, but hating on Spiller? Did you see him play after FJax went out? I still have hope for Carrington as a DE. He played out of place the last two seasons and tried to get too big. At this point he's not a wasted pick, but he needs to prove something this year. Troup has been a disappointment, but he went where he was expected to go in the draft and was picked to address the position of need (NT) when the Bills decided to move to the 3-4. We'll see what happens if his back is fixed next year.

So then, you see fit to ignore players like Eric Wood, Jairus Byrd, Andy Levitre, Marcell Dareus, Aaron Williams, and Kelvin Sheppard, all of whom were drafted since Nix arrived in 2009?

Good to know...

I think wood, byrd, levitre and maybin were all selected when russ brandon was gm, just sayin'

Lighten up Francis....Troup was injured. CJ is looked great, once he got a chance to play and Carrington still has plenty of upside. By your measure, you would have lumped Eric Moulds and Bruce Smith in with the above as they didn't really show anything until year three. It's a good day today with Stevie signed. I suppose if you feel it's an occasion to p*ss in your cheerios, then you will. The bulk of us are enjoying the day and looking forward to FA and the draft.

I think wood, byrd, levitre and maybin were all selected when russ brandon was gm, just sayin'

Technically, yes, but this was the first draft during which Buddy was with the team. From my understanding, he was highly influential in that draft, outside of Jauron picking Maybin No. 11 overall.

I could be incorrect though...

Good to know...

Russ Brandon was GM and Tom Modrak was Director of College Scouting when Wood, Byrd, and Levitre were drafted. Dareus was a no brainer even the Bills could not screw up. I give you Willias because if he can stay healthy he looks like he can play. Sheppard would be a reserve on a good NFL team. And, I'd rather have Marshawn Lynch and a 1st round pick than CJ Spiller.

Lighten up Francis....Troup was injured. CJ is looked great, once he got a chance to play and Carrington still has plenty of upside. By your measure, you would have lumped Eric Moulds and Bruce Smith in with the above as they didn't really show anything until year three. It's a good day today with Stevie signed. I suppose if you feel it's an occasion to p*ss in your cheerios, then you will. The bulk of us are enjoying the day and looking forward to FA and the draft.

Exactly!!

How many years would we as fans be going into FA having to watch our best FA sign with someone else??

Atleast this year we have decided to circle the wagons and keep one of our own...and at the right price!

Russ Brandon was GM and Tom Modrak was Director of College Scouting when Wood, Byrd, and Levitre were drafted. Dareus was a no brainer even the Bills could not screw up. I give you Willias because if he can stay healthy he looks like he can play. Sheppard would be a reserve on a good NFL team. And, I'd rather have Marshawn Lynch and a 1st round pick than CJ Spiller.

Technically, yes, but this was the first draft during which Buddy was with the team. From my understanding, he was highly influential in that draft, outside of Jauron picking Maybin No. 11 overall.

yeah - I can see how Buddy would get a total pass on busting with Maybin but made all the good picks in the draft

the man is a god!!

Today is about keeping one of our own, Stevie Johnson. He is apart of the Buffalo Bills! Let's celebrate a step in the right direction and hope that more moves are made to help us reach our goal, a championship! Stop all this negativity, ...........Go Bills!!!

I think Buddy Nix and the management did a great job getting Stevie signed, I also think they've done a decent job all together. The thing that means the most is that at least they're trying. What happened today is something that everyone all around deserves (fans, the team, the organization, the city, the NFL) and it "should" happen. We are so used to a half ass franchise that we get kinda slap happy when something normal actually happens. Either way Chan and Buddy have always kept their word and it's really refreshing to see that they do care and that it's not just about making a profit. Things like this are a good sign and it's something that players on the team have to look at and be say "Performance actually does pay here". It brings up the morale of the team and also it's going to bring a more a more competitive nature within the team. I'm glad that he got his due diligence and the way he handled the whole thing in a humble manner made it that much more great to see. We've had the opportunity to see him at his worst and at his best and he's never bashed us or wanted out. A long way from the McGahee's of the past. I'm looking forward to this off-season and I think we all should be a little optimistic.