Nick Barnett's reaction...

Justice

Torbor, Corto, White, Caussin, Smith, Rayner, Hall....Barnett's reaction is likely "who the F are those guys??".

Baldinger didn't say any of those names... Barnett was the one naming the players and baldinger reminded him about Fred Jackson and Nick was like wow I can't even believe I forgot to mention Fred....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baldinger didn't say any of those names... Barnett was the one naming the players and baldinger reminded him about Fred Jackson and Nick was like wow I can't even believe I forgot to mention Fred....

Baldinger mentioned more names than just Freddie Jackson.

It's a small pic, so to be perfectly honest, I can't really tell what his expression is.

So what does it "say" to you?

Reminds me of that joke about the Doctor, the Rorschach Test, and the patient.

Forget the length of the list:

Kyle Williams

George Wilson

Merriman

Fred Jackson

Eric Wood

OLT's Bell and Hairston the same day

Forget the significance of the rest - the loss of the guys above doomed the Bills' season.

If that means they don't have "enough" depth, fine, but few teams if any go 3-deep at OLT or 2-deep at NT or C. In the Bills' case, the team's only returning pro-bowler and the team's only 1st-rounder on the OL.

Thank you, Bob.

We also know that our starting QB was impaired by 4 injured ribs and that while Stevie Johnson was able to remain relatively healthy with only nagging injuries that the team lost Donald Jones and Roscoe Parrish… 2 of our top 4 receivers.

The number and magnitude of the Bills injuries shouldn't be so easily dismissed.

A reasonable person would conclude that the injuries had a significant impact on the Bills season.

If you go back to the Thurman Thomas era Thurman did about the same, 75-80% of the offense most years. The Bills ran the ball more then they threw it a lot of those glory years, and yet Kelly gets most of the credit.

Freddy was carrying the team. remember this play? down 21-3 this play sparked the entire team to a 38-35 win.

youtube.com/watch?v=AObIj4mkNOc

After FJ went on IR the Bills HC- play caller lost his focus in the second half of the year by trying to force Fitz to win games in those crazy 4-5 WR empty backfield sets with only one decent WR....

This is one of the most careless posts I've ever seen on this board.... and I was here when skooby was still around.

In our first 10 games the Bills rang up 3535 yards on offense, Freddie accounted for 1376 yards of that for exactly 39%. Pretty impressive!

Yeah, but I was talking about all the decoy yardage he added by causing NFL defensive coordinators to drop bricks in their shorts, knock their knees together, and quake in fear and horror. 0:)

Forget the length of the list:

Kyle Williams

George Wilson

Merriman

Fred Jackson

Eric Wood

OLT's Bell and Hairston the same day

Forget the significance of the rest - the loss of the guys above doomed the Bills' season.

If that means they don't have "enough" depth, fine, but few teams if any go 3-deep at OLT or 2-deep at NT or C. In the Bills' case, the team's only returning pro-bowler and the team's only 1st-rounder on the OL.

How about Easley, Jones, Parrish, and Johnson's nagging groin injury??? WR corps was decimated by years end.

Torbor, Corto, White, Caussin, Smith, Rayner, Hall....Barnett's reaction is likely "who the F are those guys??".

Shocking, that that's how YOU would interpret it. <_<

One trick pony comes to mind...

If you go back to the Thurman Thomas era Thurman did about the same, 75-80% of the offense most years. The Bills ran the ball more then they threw it a lot of those glory years, and yet Kelly gets most of the credit.

Where do you guys come up with this Sh%t?!?! :lol:

The good news is that this year, unlike the past umpteen years, the Bills will make it through the year without so much as a scratch. :ph34r:

Ravens finished the season with 3 (THREE) on IR. It can happen.

That's how you get to the playoffs.

If there's an issue causing the Bills to have so many injuries - it needs addressing, but the guys on my list aren't "injury-prone" except for Bell and Merriman. I expect to see the team work hard to get depth at both of their positions. They may not even be back.

I refuse to call what's happened to Wood his two seasons that he's been hurt a sign of being injury-prone or an issue for the trainers.

KW is the kind of guy that normally injures the other team - hopefully he's cured of what was apparently a long-term issue with his bone spur.

FredEx rarely goes down - and now that CJ has finally gotten some real p/t they have depth there.

Ravens finished the season with 3 (THREE) on IR. It can happen.

That's how you get to the playoffs.

If there's an issue causing the Bills to have so many injuries - it needs addressing, but the guys on my list aren't "injury-prone" except for Bell and Merriman. I expect to see the team work hard to get depth at both of their positions. They may not even be back.

I refuse to call what's happened to Wood his two seasons that he's been hurt a sign of being injury-prone or an issue for the trainers.

KW is the kind of guy that normally injures the other team - hopefully he's cured of what was apparently a long-term issue with his bone spur.

FredEx rarely goes down - and now that CJ has finally gotten some real p/t they have depth there.

The IR body count isn't a very good indicator frankly. Do you remember people going off about the total IR numbers during the Dick Jauron era? Some people even tried to inflate the importance of that number by counting street free agents that ran down on kick-off coverage once before going on IR as "valuable starters". It was all in a valiant, if ill conceived, defense of Dick Jauron's coaching prowess and how the Bills were "just fine" and "on the right track", etc.

Both points are true last year. 1) The Bills suffered a lot of injuries to their better players. 2) The Bills will suffer more injuries next year, just like every other team in the NFL. There is no correlation that a rash of injuries one season will prevent or guarantee injuries the next season.

The real point is that the front office can't continue the idiotic Shawne Merriman sorts of "big gambles" -- and by that I mean putting all of their eggs in a single basket, forgetting the basket has holes in the bottom because they love the color of the bow on the handle -- and really expect to be competitive in today's NFL.

I can't pin that season on injuries. Now, lack of talent might have had something to do with it....

W-L results in the NFL have everything to do with injuries and to a lesser degree depth of roster. Look hard at the guys drafting top 10 this year. Pretty much all crushed by injuries to absolutely key players for extended periods, with little depth behind them. Browns - decimated, Rams - decimated, Bills - decimated, Chiefs - decimated . Injuries will turn a promising season into 4-5 game losing streaks and visions of playoffs into garbage overnight. Turnovers lose individual games but extensive injury lists lose seasons. Although there are exceptions for teams that are deep (Packers) this has largely been proven to be largely a fact . The Giants got to the Super Bowl only because they got completely healthy at the end of the season and ran the table with a full roster.

Edited by 8and8Forever

We also know that our starting QB was impaired by 4 injured ribs and that while Stevie Johnson was able to remain relatively healthy with only nagging injuries that the team lost Donald Jones and Roscoe Parrish… 2 of our top 4 receivers.

The fact that Donald Jones and Roscoe Parrish are considered 2 of our top 4 WR is scary enough.

How about Easley, Jones, Parrish, and Johnson's nagging groin injury??? WR corps was decimated by years end.

The fact that Donald Jones and Roscoe Parrish are considered 2 of our top 4 WR is scary enough.

Parrish hasn't played a down in nearly 16 months and Easley has never played in the regular season game in the NFL. Can't miss guys who don't play.

I'm not sure how much Johnson was hampered by the groin injury. It certainly didn't interfere with his endzone celebration.

W-L results in the NFL have everything to do with injuries and to a lesser degree depth of roster. Look hard at the guys drafting top 10 this year. Pretty much all crushed by injuries to absolutely key players for extended periods, with little depth behind them. Browns - decimated, Rams - decimated, Bills - decimated, Chiefs - decimated . Injuries will turn a promising season into 4-5 game losing streaks and visions of playoffs into garbage overnight. Turnovers lose individual games but extensive injury lists lose seasons. Although there are exceptions for teams that are deep (Packers) this has largely been proven to be largely a fact . The Giants got to the Super Bowl only because they got completely healthy at the end of the season and ran the table with a full roster.

The Bills have been bad for a generation. Are you suggesting the primary reason is due to injuries? How about looking at the caliber of ownership and organization? You don't think that the disasterous drafting by a second rate front office might be a major reason that this organization has historically had a losing record? For the past dozen years the Bills haven't qualified for the playoffs? Are you going to blame it on the bad luck of injuries? How many times did the Bills have a winning record over the last twelve years? Are you going to blame that on injuries?

Excuses are for losers. You are what your record is.

The Bills have been bad for a generation. Are you suggesting the primary reason is due to injuries? How about looking at the caliber of ownership and organization? You don't think that the disasterous drafting by a second rate front office might be a major reason that this organization has historically had a losing record? For the past dozen years the Bills haven't qualified for the playoffs? Are you going to blame it on the bad luck of injuries? How many times did the Bills have a winning record over the last twelve years? Are you going to blame that on injuries?

Excuses are for losers. You are what your record is.

Sour Grapes John. You wont change will you.

IN CONTEXT the season started out great. THEN YES the injury bug struck. The Bills lost 33 to 36% of their offense when Fred X went down. THEN the center went down. Need I ask ... did you see the first Miami game? the center SUCKED!!!!! Fitz had to play Stretch Armstrong to catch nearly every hike from center!!!

Fitz regressed after his contract got doen. but you realistically need to ask - Was it part of the "chest Injury" aka cracked ribbs that screwed him up?

Sour Grapes John. You wont change will you.

IN CONTEXT the season started out great. THEN YES the injury bug struck. The Bills lost 33 to 36% of their offense when Fred X went down. THEN the center went down. Need I ask ... did you see the first Miami game? the center SUCKED!!!!! Fitz had to play Stretch Armstrong to catch nearly every hike from center!!!

Fitz regressed after his contract got doen. but you realistically need to ask - Was it part of the "chest Injury" aka cracked ribbs that screwed him up?

If you want context then don't take a small portion of the team's play. The bigger context is that the Bills have been bad for a generation. All teams are subjected to injuries. A team lacking in quality reserves is going to be more negatively impacted than teams that have a better level of reserves.

You talk about the Bills started out great. So what. How did they finish? Losing 7 out of 9 or somewhere in that dismal range. I recall the Bills had an impressive start in one of Jauron's season. That got him a generous contract extenstion. Then the season collapsed. A meaningful context, as you put it, has little to do with how you start and everything to do with your overall performance.

I have no doubt that Fitz's performance drop had a lot to do with him being hurt. When you have no credible backup then there should be no surprise as to why Fitz continued to play.

I said it before and I will say it again: Excuses are for losers. You are what your record is.