The Giants SB Win Proves...

This has been an ongoing argument on the board about which side of the ball wins championships. In the game, the pass rush for the Giants reigned supreme in the end forcing Brady to make throws. Then on the offensive side Eli made clutch throws and usually had a lot of time behind his O-Line and his receiver (Manningham) made a clutch catch near the end of the game. Even special teams in the San Fran vs. NY game and was the deciding factor. Obviously the Bills have a long way to go. I don't know if Fitzpatrick is the answer, but he definitely needs to cut down on his turnovers, Stevie needs to stop dropping balls in clutch moments, and our defense needs to stop making every QB look like Dan Marino. And that is why I think balanced teams win championships.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never heard "balanced team" refer to a team with a good defense and a good offense.

The term balanced offense is used. Which the Giants are not, they were one of the worst rushing teams in the NFL.

Saying this super bowl proves that balanced teams win super bowls makes no sense.

To rephrase you're saying a team with a good offense and a good defense wins the Super Bowl.

When did anyone say that an "unbalanced" team would beat a "balanced" team?

What pisses me off is other franchises make better decisions than we do. Like, just for instance, why don't we ever hire offensive and defensive coordinators like the Giants do?

No Bills head coach or starting QB has ever raised a SB trophy as a head coach or starting QB for any team.

There's your decision makin'.

This has been an ongoing argument on the board about which side of the ball wins championships. In the game, the pass rush for the Giants reigned supreme in the end forcing Brady to make throws. Then on the offensive side Eli made clutch throws and usually had a lot of time behind his O-Line and his receiver (Manningham) made a clutch catch near the end of the game. Even special teams in the San Fran vs. NY game and was the deciding factor. Obviously the Bills have a long way to go. I don't know if Fitzpatrick is the answer, but he definitely needs to cut down on his turnovers, Stevie needs to stop dropping balls in clutch moments, and our defense needs to stop making every QB look like Dan Marino. And that is why I think balanced teams win championships.

Meh.....I don't think that having the worst rushing offense in the entire NFL is what could be defined as balanced football. That was the Giants this year.

And the Pats had the worst pass defense in the AFC.

I don't think it is impossible that a great running team or a great defensive team could ever win another SB, but if you want the best blueprint for a SB in this era.....

the very simple and obvious answer is get a great QB and then try to rush the passer at a high level.

Balance? That would be nice but that is hard to maintain long term. A top QB can give you 10 cracks at the playoffs, thus increasing your chances of winning a SB.