Bills re-sign Rian Lindell

FluffHead

they are reporting 3 mil a year. Good job Bills. Pay all the mediocre players big money and hold out for the only good WR on the team to test FA. Johnson is as good as gone and with him goes the bills chances to do anything go with it. Half butt WRs + F$tzmoney = INTS and losses. This team has more holes then a strainer. Might as well add another one. Why is Nix and Gailey paying all the crappy players huge salaries? It started with the irreplaceable outstanding non probowl LB/DE Kelsay, then to the franchise QB of the Buffalo Bills who finished the year with the most completed passes to the opposite team Ryan F@tzpatrick, and now the damn kicker gets 3 mil a year. Lindell is good not great and would have never got that from any other team. I think Chandler should get 6-7 mil a year. Then resign Spencer Johnson to a 9 -10 mil a year. Then trade jackson and spiller for a 5th round pick in 2016. (And to stop being dumb for a second, I think Jackson gets traded before the draft.) Bills are a joke, have been and continue to show they have no idea what good talent is. I dont think I can ever not like the Bills but if all this money goes to waste, and we have to "start to rebuild" again, I will go crazy.

I started a thread not that long ago that said we should re-sign Lindell for $7.5 million for 3 years, so $3mill per isn't that far off. He deserves it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the disconnect is that 3M isn't really that much anymore. Also, go ahead and pay league min for a kicker, but don't complain when they miss FGs like Raynor or that other scrub.

---Buffalo Bills kicker Rian Lindell has come to terms on a new contract, according to a source. The length of the deal is unknown but a source said Lindell will be paid approximately $3 million a year.
http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2012/02/bills-lindell-agree-to-new-deal.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fbillboard+%28BillBoard%29 Edited by Carey Bender

they are reporting 3 mil a year. Good job Bills. Pay all the mediocre players big money and hold out for the only good WR on the team to test FA. Johnson is as good as gone and with him goes the bills chances to do anything go with it. Half butt WRs + F$tzmoney = INTS and losses. This team has more holes then a strainer. Might as well add another one. Why is Nix and Gailey paying all the crappy players huge salaries? It started with the irreplaceable outstanding non probowl LB/DE Kelsay, then to the franchise QB of the Buffalo Bills who finished the year with the most completed passes to the opposite team Ryan F@tzpatrick, and now the damn kicker gets 3 mil a year. Lindell is good not great and would have never got that from any other team. I think Chandler should get 6-7 mil a year. Then resign Spencer Johnson to a 9 -10 mil a year. Then trade jackson and spiller for a 5th round pick in 2016. (And to stop being dumb for a second, I think Jackson gets traded before the draft.) Bills are a joke, have been and continue to show they have no idea what good talent is. I dont think I can ever not like the Bills but if all this money goes to waste, and we have to "start to rebuild" again, I will go crazy.

3 million isn't big money at all. It's the going rate for a kicker with Lindell's stats/years in the league.

$3M is not a lot for a veteran kicker and he is not mediocre. There are many things to complain about. This is not one of them.

$3M is not a lot for a veteran kicker and he is not mediocre. There are many things to complain about. This is not one of them.

I agree, $3mill isn't a lot of money, but you can imagine what Fredex feels like, right now.

3 million isn't big money at all. It's the going rate for a kicker with Lindell's stats/years in the league.

Isn't that about the same as he was making? 3Mil for someone with his experience is probably including a hometown discount.

But, I'm just wondering why no one has "tiered" him yet. Is he Mid-tier? High Tier? High or low motor? Clutch? Mediocre(LOL)?

Did the Bills overpay? Underpay? Was Ralph cheap? When will we know these things?

Contracts are all about timing. Price goes up every year. If Jackson was a FA this year he would command a big salary.

I agree, but it still must kinda feel weird knowing guys around you are getting paid while you're not (under contract or not, just a human emotion).

I agree, $3mill isn't a lot of money, but you can imagine what Fredex feels like, right now.

I know Jackson is the cornerstone of the Offense and deserves a pay raise, but if you worry that the FO isnt rewarding production, Lindell scored 79 point in 2010, and 64 in 2011 (in only 8 games). Jackson's career TD total is 16 (96 points).

Now, it's obviously an apples and oranges comparison, but everyone should realize that Lindell is a very important part of this team. Not only does he consistently put up points, but he contributes to the Defense via kickoff results.

Who cares what they paid. He is a decent kicker and then re-signed him. Good work.

It's funny how people on this board whine about Wilson being cheap considering that massive complaining around here that accompanies anyone being signed to anything but the league minimum.

wow. I've been silent most of this season for half a million reasons, but for some reason your wonderful post has brought me back.

Really? We re-sign our veteran kicker to a modest contract and you are going to B word? Your last line about if we have to start to rebuild again just kills me. keeping our reliable kicker makes one less hole on this team and therefore one less part of rebuilding we need to do. I really dont see a problem here.

.....please see below.

- Ryan Lyndell is the best kicker the bills have ever had

- 3 million isn't that much for a kicker of his caliber

- 3 million to Lyndell does not in any way prevent the bills from signing Johnson

Christ....where is the ignore feature?

Wow, you must be ovulating.