At the end of the day...I honestly think

I'm baffled by the hype on this guy here on TBD. What exactly is it about Courtney Upshaw that you guys all love so much? What am I missing? I see a good player, but I don't see a #10 player. Kinda like another guy that was reviled around here for years (HINT: He wore #20 and just made the NFC Championship game)

I'm baffled by the hype on this guy here on TBD. What exactly is it about Courtney Upshaw that you guys all love so much? What am I missing? I see a good player, but I don't see a #10 player. Kinda like another guy that was reviled around here for years (HINT: He wore #20 and just made the NFC Championship game)

To compare Upshaw to Whitner does nothing more than show you dont watch much college football.

Courtney Upshaw has been the leader, both emotionally and in productivity, for the last 3 years on the nation's best defense.

He has played major roles in 2 National Championships, most recently being names Defensive MVP in the 2011 National Championship.

He leads in sacks and tackles for loss ratio.

He can rush the QB, and play stout against the run.

He consistently and constantly makes plays. Never taking plays off.

And he just happens to play the position of our biggest need.

Edited by DrDareustein

To compare Upshaw to Whitner does nothing more than show you dont watch much college football.

Courtney Upshaw has been the leader, both emotionally and in productivity, for the last 3 years on the nation's best defense.

He has played major roles in 2 National Championships, most recently being names Defensive MVP in the 2011 National Championship.

He leads in sacks and tackles for loss ratio.

He consistently and constantly makes plays.

And he just happens to play the position of our biggest need.

I agree with your points, but I dont think Upshaw is quite the player that people make him out to be. He's a good overall player but he doesnt have any one skill that blows you away. He's not particularly fast or mobile and we need someone who can get to the quaterback.

Not to mention that he played alongside the best college defense in the nation that probably has 7 other NFL starters on the roster.. you could argue he'd be playing alongside worse talent on the bills.

I agree with your points, but I dont think Upshaw is quite the player that people make him out to be. He's a good overall player but he doesnt have any one skill that blows you away. He's not particularly fast or mobile and we need someone who can get to the quaterback.

Not to mention that he played alongside the best college defense in the nation that probably has 7 other NFL starters on the roster.. you could argue he'd be playing alongside worse talent on the bills.

Then the same argument could be made against every one of those other players, and we should draft none of them?

Cmon...

He was the LEADER on that Best in the Nation squad. They benefited from him as much or more than he benefited from them.

And I would argue that Dareus and K Williams would not be a drop off, considering he was playing next to Dareus just 1 year ago, and Williams comes right from their backyard.

He may not look fast, but he is quick and intense and tenacious. Bryce Paup wasnt the fastest guy on the field either. Neither are Pitt's OLBs.

The only reason it seems like he doesnt have one skill that blows you away, is because he is good at everything.

We'll be extremely lucky if he lasts until pick 10.

Edited by DrDareustein

Being dominant against the run isnt a skill that blows you away? Because it was the skill that blew the bills away when they took Darius.......

A couple of things here......

- People act like the bills have ZERO pass rush.....do they forget that Williams is coming back next year and will probably be the best he has looked in a long time now that the bone spur issue is resolved?

- Darius plays next to Williams....that means your interior guys are VERY good pass rushers......so the INTERIOR pass rush is resolved for the team

- In a 1st round pick yes you would like to have a Von Miller type rusher but you also want to get the most bang for your buck out of a 1st round pick......you want someone that is never going to have to come off the field.....can play in any front you employ......you want them as a foundation guy

UPSHAW is that player....he is a beast against the run is extremely physical and plays the game the way it should be played. In addition to this he does get pressure on the passer.

To me its a no brainer....then you bring in additional pass rush guys to go along with him that might not be as run dominanat so you can get them in later rounds.