Georgia OG Cordy Glenn

JStranger76

He is looking very good in Senior Bowl practices, and has shut down Coples, Ingram and Upshaw routinely. Not saying we should or shouldn't target him, just remember his name. GreatBlueNorth has a good report on him if anyone wants to check it out.

He is looking very good in Senior Bowl practices, and has shut down Coples, Ingram and Upshaw routinely. Not saying we should or shouldn't target him, just remember his name. GreatBlueNorth has a good report on him if anyone wants to check it out.

Agree.. Watched him on on NFL network and he has quick feet for a big beast. I wonder if he'll move ahead of DeCastro on teams boards.

Some observations of Glenn during Wednesday's practice...

-Cordy Glenn just manhandled Quinton Coples in one-on-one. Glenn was lined up at left tackle. Not to be outdone, Coples threw an inside move on Glenn the next time they faced off and beat him to the inside.

-OL Cordy Glenn of Georgia has been the talk of the South by a lot of scouts. He's got the body type, strength and movement skills to quickly start in the NFL. He's being talked about as a late-round pick with his performance the past two days. He does not back down either, and just went after Quinton Coples in drills, battling hard after the whistle had blown.

SI Link

He looked very impressive against those guys. It was funny listening to Mayock (who I like) say I still think he is still a guard or RT :blink: I was like really? He just stoned all those guys at LT, why wouldn't he be considered at LT?

Can he rush the passer?

We gave up the least amount of sacks in the league this year

Hey Peyton is going to need all the protection he can get.

Some observations of Glenn during Wednesday's practice...

-Cordy Glenn just manhandled Quinton Coples in one-on-one. Glenn was lined up at left tackle. Not to be outdone, Coples threw an inside move on Glenn the next time they faced off and beat him to the inside.

-OL Cordy Glenn of Georgia has been the talk of the South by a lot of scouts. He's got the body type, strength and movement skills to quickly start in the NFL. He's being talked about as a late-round pick with his performance the past two days. He does not back down either, and just went after Quinton Coples in drills, battling hard after the whistle had blown.

SI Link

I went back and checked the link. Did the writer mean to say late-first-round pick?

Can he rush the passer?

We gave up the least amount of sacks in the league this year

misleading stat considering all the short passes and Fitz throwing bad passes to avoid sacks

i would love to see a legit LT drafted that they can put there and dominant for the next 10 years

I went back and checked the link. Did the writer mean to say late-first-round pick?

I thought the same thing. This one says:

Some reports had Glenn being selected late in round one, but with continued performances like this in the Senior Bowl, some team could look to snag him even earlier.

http://atlanta.sbnation.com/georgia-bulldogs/2012/1/25/2733112/2012-senior-bowl-cordy-glenn-continues-to-shine-in-wednesdays-practice

CCN / SI Blog:

2:57 p.m. CT -- For all the good play of Cordy Glenn the past three days, few scouts in attendance believe he's a left tackle prospect. He struggled with speed rushers during today's practice.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/tony_pauline/01/25/senior.bowl.practice.wednesday/

I wouldn't mind Glenn at all. I prefer Decastro because of his can-do competitive attitude, the pro-style offense he comes from, and his superior run-blocking. The kid just flattens people. Also, I see A LOT of holds that Glenn gets away with. He'll get called for that S#!t at the pro level. Talented kid. Not a bad pick for the someone in the second or third.

misleading stat considering all the short passes and Fitz throwing bad passes to avoid sacks

i would love to see a legit LT drafted that they can put there and dominant for the next 10 years

How is it a misleading stat? He didnt get sacked and we spread the field horizontally, not vertically. Thats what Fitz does best

How is it a misleading stat? He didnt get sacked and we spread the field horizontally, not vertically. Thats what Fitz does best

its misleading bc the line isnt as good as the stats or some people think it is

like I said, would like to see a legit LT they can put there and count on for the next 10 years

Our 5 YPC avg might be misleading too then

I too think we have a good line and need other positions a lot more,but you will not win in this argument because our tackles are not pro bowl players and have been cut from other squads,Oh and the one I love the most is because Nix is old and dosen't know how to evaluate a player.

I watched many of the UGA games with my friend who is an avid UGA fan(wears the red pants still and he is 35).

My buddy said Glenn can play ever position on the line and is an animal. He is smart and nasty. I just dont think the Bills will take him unless they let Bell walk and use that money to sign a FA pass rusher and resign Stevie. Your thoughts?