assuming we draft bpa...

if all things are equal when we are selecting players in the upcoming draft, which 3 positions would you like to see adressed and why? you can give specific player names if you want or just go with a generalized hypothetical. in oreder or no specific order. hope this turns out to be fun and pass a little time between now and then.

i'd like something close to...

1. most destructive available de to complement the peices we have on the d-line.

2. most explosive and intelligent available olb.

3. nastiest ol available with an addiction to contact.

if all things are equal when we are selecting players in the upcoming draft, which 3 positions would you like to see adressed and why? you can give specific player names if you want or just go with a generalized hypothetical. in oreder or no specific order. hope this turns out to be fun and pass a little time between now and then.

1. most destructive available de to complement the peices we have on the d-line.

1. DE or LB

2. DL or LB or Tannahill QB (if he drops due to the injury)

3. DE or LB

The Bills need:

1.) Franchise QB

2.) Premier LT

3.) Premier DE

4.) Premier LB

5.) Premier WR

6.) Premier TE

7.) Premier CB

I want the Bills to fill each of these positions whether it be the draft or FA.

Until they do, they will continue to suck.

Edited by Maddog69

The Bills need:

1.) Franchise QB

2.) Premier LT

3.) Premier DE

4.) Premier LB

5.) Premier WR

6.) Premier TE

7.) Premier CB

setting the bar faily low aren't you?

The Bills need:

1.) Franchise QB

2.) Premier LT

3.) Premier DE

4.) Premier LB

5.) Premier WR

6.) Premier TE

7.) Premier CB

By "premier" i'm assuming you mean All-Pro. Can you think of a team that has those types of players at all the positions you've mentioned? I can't.

OLB- Need a good player there at there "natural" position

LT- Need dominant blind side protection

QB- Past Fitz we have nothing on the depth chart or to develop into a starter

The Bills need:

1.) Franchise QB

2.) Premier LT

3.) Premier DE

4.) Premier LB

5.) Premier WR

6.) Premier TE

7.) Premier CB

1. Franchise QB

2. Game breaking DE

3. Ultra dominant OLB

4a. Premier LT

4b. Supreme WR

5. Impeccable TE

6. Shut down CB

7. Dominant LB

By "premier" i'm assuming you mean All-Pro. Can you think of a team that has those types of players at all the positions you've mentioned? I can't.

Yes. All-Pro.

And yes. There are several teams that have them.

GB, Pitt, NE, NO. You know, the good teams.

The Bills need:

1.) Franchise QB

2.) Premier LT

3.) Premier DE

4.) Premier LB

Maybe not in THAT order, however BPA at each with NO reaching.

Prefer QB first if possible. Unless value dictates LT or DE.

:thumbsup:

Sorry, must add HOF to compete in this thread: :worthy:

HOF OLB- Need a good player there at there "natural" position

HOF LT- Need dominant blind side protection

HOF QB- Past Fitz we have nothing on the depth chart or to develop into a starter

I'd like to see the Bills draft a guy with Bruce Smith's body and skill set, but with the arm and grit of Jim Kelly, the body control, speed and hands of Jerry Rice, and the balance, footwork and strength of Anthony Munoz.

Anything short of that is a failure. But who am I kidding? This is the Bills FO we're talking about here.

Edited by The Big Cat

Yes. All-Pro.

I mostly agree with you Maddog, but All-Pro at each is a bit of a stretch. I'll define it a different way. You have to have players at most of those positions you can build around. In other words each one of those positions can't all be a need to have a chance to compete. The Bills made a little run in the beginning of the year by some guys playing above their ability, some good game planning, and some nice chemistry. But that alone doesn't sustain itself. High end talent does. So I agree that it starts with QB, if you don't have one that gives you a chance at a playoff run there's not much else to talk about. There isn't a pass rusher alive that will elevate Fitz to playoff caliber.

The Bills need:

1.) Premier DE

2.) Premier LB

3.) Premier LT

4.) Premier WR

5.) Premier NT/DT

6.) Premier CB

7.) Premier TE

FIXED!

Just out of curiosity how do you define a franchise QB statistically, how many of them are in the league and where would we get this supposedly "franchise" QB?????

I can't stand the franchise QB discussion. For example Aaron Rogers is Franchise but he has some of the best WR in the league and he was out played by his backup. Another example is Drew Brees. We would have run him out of town too like San Diego before he got some WRs and a good scheme put around him and saw what he could really do. We look at these guys in a vacuum and ignore everything else they are surrounded by that contributes to their success.

You have to stop looking at these imaginary franchise QBs as messiahs that you can't win without. Put good talent around a smart decisions maker with some balls and all of a sudden he is franchise. Get a clue. Franchise QBs are as much made by the talent around them and the scheme as they are born a franchise QB. Answer those questions first before you whine that Fitz isn't good enough. Look at Kurt Warner as well. How franchise was he when he was stocking shelves? All of a sudden with Mike Martz, Issac Bruce, Torry Holt and Marshall Faulk he becomes franchise. He goes to the Giants and he sucks again with no line and no WRs. He goes to Arizona with Fitgerald and Bolden and he is franchise again. Come on man!

Edited by PDaDdy

I'd say we really need the following positions/types of players to succeed on a perminant basis.

Not in any order:

Big, physical, fast WR to compliment Stevie. I'd say tale a stab at Bowe, Jackson, Meachem, Lloyd in FA and were good there. Or possibly draft Blackmon, Floyd, Jefferies.

Assuming we go back to the 4-3 which I'd prefer because we would have a dominant DT tandem with Williams and Dareus I'd love to break the piggy bank for Mario Williams, or attempt a trade for Osi or last option male a run for Mathis. Or take Coples or another dominant DE in the draft.

Take a run at any decent OLB or MLB available in FA and draft at least one dominant LB or 3 decent mid round prospects.

Lock up Chandler, Bell, and any other OL we might be losing.

I'd say go for the pass rush and WR in FA and draft the rest because these are our biggest needs and we need to make sure we don't miss. The biggest problem with building primarily through the draft is you can't let your talent walk (Stevie, Bell, Chandler) and you build around them and then if needed in the future replace them with better talents that you've either picked up or drafted.

Yes. All-Pro.

Hey Maddog 20/20,

GB has an premier DE and LT?! Really We all know Pitts oline sucks(including LT). NE has an premier LB, CB, WR. Really? N.O. doesnt have a premier CB or LB.

Hey Maddog 20/20,

GB has an premier DE and LT?! Really We all know Pitts oline sucks(including LT). NE has an premier LB, CB, WR. Really? N.O. doesnt have a premier CB or LB.

GB - LT - Chad Clifton(All pro). They don;t have a premier DE, but Matthews makes up for it.

NE - Mayo and Spikes are very good LB. Welker is a HOF caliber WR. Their DBs are not great, admittedly but benefir from great players around them

Obviously, it is difficult to get all pro's everywhere. My point is that the talent on the team needs to be upgraded drastically.

I don't think there is one position on the roster that I would say we are 100% set except RB