Franchise F.JACKSON trade for D.E and draft LAMICHAEL JAMES

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone wants to sign jackson longterm. I dissagree JAMES and SPILLER EQUAL ALOT OF SPEED that opens our passing game up by far

See if I've got this right. You disagree with extending the leading rusher in the NFL (when he got hurt) for a couple of years and trading him for a DE, and then draft James at #10?

Are you on meth?

trading jackson is worse than the guy that wanted to trade spiller last offseason for like a 4th rounder. I really don't know where people get these ideas.

I don't think we really have any players left that are tradeable. I think evans was that last one that we had that had any value that we didn't need. All the other players we have that have value are players that we need to keep.

we need to add talent, not get rid of it.

Right now, the Bills have 2 elite players on the team: Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams. Possible elite players: Marcel Dareus and CJ Spiller. The Bills need much more "elite" talent on this team (especially at DE & OLB) if they want to compete in the AFC East against the Pats, and be a legitimate contender.

No draft picks on RB's this year EVER in the first round, for the rest of my life.

FYP

Right now, the Bills have 2 elite players on the team: Fred Jackson and Kyle Williams. Possible elite players: Marcel Dareus and CJ Spiller. The Bills need much more "elite" talent on this team (especially at DE & OLB) if they want to compete in the AFC East against the Pats, and be a legitimate contender.

This

Edited by maddenboy

I have only seen Fred do one thing and one thing only in his tenure with the Bills and that is get significantly better. It really is extraordinary to come in and be that much than the year before, and he has done it a few years in a row now. I challenge anyone to show how he has even peaked as a player yet.

Edited by RealityCheck

Everyone wants to sign jackson longterm. I dissagree JAMES and SPILLER EQUAL ALOT OF SPEED that opens our passing game up by far

Good thing we use 'screen names' Lets see here, joined 14 days ago and now you want to trade our MVP...yeah you are a troll. ;)

There is little to no market for running backs. The top offenses in the league? Green Bay, New England, New Orleans - they just rotate guys in and out.

What teams have "franchise" running backs? Minnesota, Tennessee? How'd that help them?

Franchise running backs is an outdated concept from a decade ago when the league was balanced offensively. It's not. It's a passing league.

This team needs defense. This team needs offensive line depth. This team needs guys who can catch the ball in clutch situations.

Guys who can rush the passer in this league are commodities. Running backs are not.

Edited by timstep

I'm sure KC fans thought Marcus Allen was old when he left the Raiders. Fred Jackson is an elite football player, no matter how old he is. The Bills need more elite players on this team, especially at DE and OLB.

Plus Fred's game isn't predicated on speed so he's not likely to have the age 30 drop off speed backs do.

And thus begins the offseason hilarity here at the Stadium Wall.

Franchise a guy with a year left on his contract. Hmmmm. Buddy may be from the south, but he's not THAT dumb.

I think you'll see a five year deal that has a $5-6 mil bonus and the rest will heavily incentive based due to his age. Stuff like pro bowl bonuses, games played, total yards from scrimmage, roster bonus (in case we cut him) etc...

They'll call it a $30M contract and he'll probably get half over the next few years. It seems like running backs over 30 start to decline fairly quickly, the Bills can't be stupid no matter how much everyone loves the guy....

Plus Ralph is _______

Everyone? RB's are past prime at 33 ish. Please provide a list of who will sign him for 5 years? (other than Buffalo) And I'd say make it a nice 3 year contract.

Fred was over 33% of the Bills offense. What happened when he went down for the season? Until they get a player better than CJ on the roster I say keep Fast Freddie!!!

Why do we think we can TRADE for a quality pass rushing DE?

Reportedly for Eli Manning, SD wanted Umenyiora as part of the deal.

The response: "We Don't Trade Young Pass Rushers" (even to clinch the deal for our desired franchise QB)

Why do we think anyone on other teams would feel differently?

We can draft a quality DE/OLB with pass rush skills. We may successfully sign one as a FA if Buddy Nix wakes up from his nap.

We're unlikely to acquire one by trade.

PS I'd be happy to be proven wrong

Edited by Hopeful