Go On Record...

make adjustments with you non NFL roster COME ON !!!

He's got what he's got. I saw some of those game loses more on him than any perceived or real lack of talent.

Even if you have a team of Ravens caliber defense and Packers offense, if you don't adjust your game strategy and play calling, you will lose.

The best coaches in the NFL do not apply a stonecutter mentality to playcalling. They aren't going to run the same set of plays no matter what, in hopes of the 1,000 strike, the stone crumbles. They adjust to what the defense gives them and the players they've got.

make adjustments with you non NFL roster COME ON !!!

There are some here that think that not only does this team have NFL caliber players, but players so good all the Bills need is some depth acquisitions to be one of the better teams in the league. Not me mind you, but there are some.

Can they get to the playoffs with Gailey? Yes. If they add major pieces in UFA (Premier DE, LB, OT, WR and possible TE).

Will they? No. I dont expect them to make the necessary additions. I expect another lackluster year and I expect Gailey to be gone after next year.

I hope they prove me wrong.

No. Coach refuses to make adjustments. That will doom him.

Prove me wrong Chan. I really hope you do. I want you to.

This, to me, is the most salient point. The league clearly adjusted to the Bills offensive game plan after a few games, and the Bills did not adjust back - they kept trotting out the same tired, predictable formations and packages for basically the remainder of the schedule. If you can't be reflexive, creative and fluid in your planning, you're going to get your face beat in every week, even if you have the best talent in the league. I was appalled by what I saw from Gailey's staff this season, and everyone else here should be, too.

If this team wants to contend, either Gailey has to go or radically alter the way he builds his game plan.

I would say yes.

Fitz needs one more weapon to go with Fred, CJ, and Stevie(resigned ofcourse) I think they should use Chandler more. But we are almost there on Offense

I think we can get the pieces on D if we spent to the cap. Plus if we hit on another 2 starters on D (pass rush) like we did this yr with Dareus and Williams in the draft and go hard in free agents this yr we can do this.

Yes.

So the complicated answer you are giving to the very simple question of the OP is...yes?

PTR

Yes they make it in as a wildcard next season as the Jets and Dolphins struggle, then have a terrible year in 2014 and Gailey is fired. That would be my guess. Not confident that the organization sees the big picture. They need a great QB above all else. Gailey is not the problem but he will take the fall if the organization doesn't give him that QB. Fitz might be fine for a team like SF but it took SF 5 years to assemble that defense. The Bills just started doing that in earnest last spring and Gailey doesn't have 4 more years.

Yes, but to start we need to resign guys like Stevie Johnson to get to that goal.

Yes, if we resign out core guys like SJ and bring in 1-2 big FA's either at WR, DE, or OLB.

If he continues to call plays like he did last season when the Bills lost the lead, then NO!

If he changes up his offensive game plan to run more and involve Spiller in the run game and not go pass happy when the Bills are down, then YES!

Also a good point. More carries for Spiller are in order. No more empty sets on 3rd and 1. (gee, do you think the defense KNOWS you are going to pass!)

Will Gailey get us to the playoffs? We should all be held accountable for this. I say yes.

Absolutely I am so sure of this I already have a bet for the upcoming season. We are on the cusp of being a winning team. We have been losing for so long that we are overally critical of what is actually going right for this team that some of us are just dont want to take off the blinders quite yet because it is so painful. Look at the Superbowl teams. We beat one the first time around and had a 21-0 lead before it went arye. We had the Giants beat before the defense gave up the TD we are not as far off as people would think. A few good signings, a solid draft and some key undrafted depth and alot of luck on avoiding the injury bug and this team is in the playoffs next season.

Yes they make it in as a wildcard next season as the Jets and Dolphins struggle, then have a terrible year in 2014 and Gailey is fired. That would be my guess.

Mine too, but even the above would require a great draft, and a free agent or 2 who could immediately contribute, and keeping our important ufas.

Absolutely I am so sure of this I already have a bet for the upcoming season. We are on the cusp of being a winning team. We have been losing for so long that we are overally critical of what is actually going right for this team that some of us are just dont want to take off the blinders quite yet because it is so painful. Look at the Superbowl teams. We beat one the first time around and had a 21-0 lead before it went arye. We had the Giants beat before the defense gave up the TD we are not as far off as people would think. A few good signings, a solid draft and some key undrafted depth and alot of luck on avoiding the injury bug and this team is in the playoffs next season.

Dude that's a lot of if's.

You forgot one, clicking their heels twice and saying "there's no place like the playoffs" :)

Will Gailey get us to the playoffs? We should all be held accountable for this. I say yes.

I say no. A team that loses 8 straight games one year and 7 straight the next has some serious issues. The issues are with a coaching staff that cannot get the team over the hump and cannot win close winnable games. They lost too many of these type games the past two years and will continue to as long as they have the current coaching staff. I think Chan Gailey is too inflexible in his offensive approach and does not adjust to what defenses are doing. This cost them in those close games the past two years and will continue to. I was a big supporter last year and early this year, but when the team completely collapsed this year, I had to take a look at why. I believe it is Gailey's fault and as long as he is coach, this team has no shot at getting over the hump and into the playoffs. Mental toughness is something that helps teams win those close ones and it comes from the coach. He doesn't seem to have the ability to instill this in his players.