Mario Williams

BeastMode54

It would be very difficult to pull Avril away from Detroit after this season and because of the fact they've said they want to retain him.

Williams on the other hand would be the biggest FA signing in franchise history.

Not until he gives the defense the kind of lift that Paup did. Then let's talk.

This link gives cap savings for cutting certain players, not saying we should but we could absolutely find the money for Mario Williams.

My link

Great link. But why on earth is it on a Jets site?!?!?

Add the Bills not making a big splash in the free agent market to the sure thing list along with death and taxes.

I think the last big name free agent the Bills signed on defense was Bryce Paup but I'm getting too old to remember that far back.

Give me 3 good reasons why a big-time free agent would come here:

Are you going to pay me more than anyone else is offering? <No>

Are you committed to building a winner that will give me a legitimate shot at getting a 'ring' right now? <No>

Who else are you going to bring bring in to get to the next level? <Nobody>

This, of course, is the sad truth. The Bills will say they "tried" to land a big FA on defense or for WR, but they will fail and bring in (and overpay) some medicore player from another team.

Williams on the other hand would be the biggest FA signing in franchise history.

No doubt, to get him here it would take Peppers' money ~ 6yrs/$85M with $40M guaranteed. I don't want to depress anyone by speculating on the odds of that happening, I'm having too much fun picturing him in a Bills jersey.

If we truly are spending to the cap this year, do you think we will go after Williams? And maybe if not him then Cliff Avril? Their additions would be the boost to pass rush that we need to get over the hump IMO

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/peter_king/01/23/super.bowl.xlvi.matchup/2.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Are you going to pay me more than anyone else is offering? <No>

Are you committed to building a winner that will give me a legitimate shot at getting a 'ring' right now? <No>

Who else are you going to bring bring in to get to the next level? <Nobody>

Kind of sounds like what Kelly said when he refused too sign at first.

Why would Mario Williams sign with the Bills? Houston has far greater upside and others will bid w/ better historical track records of being committed to win! We have to start winning before we can attract "big game" FA.

he will be Franchise Tagged.....and deservedly so.

but, assuming for a moment that Houston is off their rocker....YES !! YES !!! sign this guy.

You know, unless they realized Arian foster meant more to the w-l columns and is also a FA. Their 43DE getting hurt didn't really kill that 34 defense and try have other franchise players hitting the market