Report: Dolphins will go after P. Manning

ET1062

Only if he'll sign on the cheap

I'm sure he'd come to a cold weather team with no left tackle for a little over vet minimum. :thumbsup:

Seriously, mark me down in the camp that says his career is over. But it will be funny watching the Jets embarrass their QB by falling all over themselves about Manning for a couple months.

Brilliant. Pickup a 36 yr. old QB that's finished (3 neck surgeries in < 2 yrs.... fusion) and sucks up so much salary cap space that the team can't improve.

He will retire.... cuz he can't play no more.

Truth. Even if he can play a year or two, it would just hurt the team more in the long run.

this guy who started the thread is a total nut... has no sense of reality... no CHANCE peyton comes here... IF and thats a big if he goes somewhere. its to a team that is ready to win NOW and is a elite QB away from winning a superbowl... im sure manning has a few good yrs left , this is not drew bledsoe but he could easily just retire and start his career in broadcasting and i could easily see him getting into coaching long term... this is a guy who's VERY intelligent and doesnt NEED football to be successful.. i've always been a huge peyton fan but ur talking 3 NECK surgeries... thats not like getting a knee scoped... why risk ur long term health when ur unborn grandkids are set for life??? it would take the perfect situation to lure manning and as much as i would love it, the chances are stronger that the numbnutz that started this thread is our QB.. team has said over and over that fitz is their guy... like it or not, THATS REALITY..

He's not medically cleared to play football. Until he is and until he is longer with the Colts it is very difficult and useless to speculate.

It's also useless to speculate because there is no chance a first vote HOFer like Manning is going to close out his career, and risk permanent serious injury, on a bottom dweller team.

Why not both?

mario is possible... not likely, but possible... peyton is not worth thinking about cuz it will never happen.. thats not how this regime is going to do things.. if we got him, that would be our total offseason outside of draft and we have too many holes that need to be filled

Edited by robert cohen

I have no idea if Peyton Manning's health will allow him to play another year in the NFL. Let's assume he gets a clean bill of health and wants to play another year or two. I have no idea if the Colts want him back or will cut ties with him in March. Let's assume that firing the Polians and Caldwell signals that the Colts will start from scratch and rebuild with Luck. That makes a heathly Peyton Manning a free agent come March. What team will sign him?

It won't be Washington. Team's a mess plus I don't think he wants the drama of playing Eli twice a year.

It won't be Miami. Team's a mess, new coach plus I don't think he wants to play Brady twice a year unless he has the team behind him to beat Brady.

It won't be New York Jets. Team's a disaster in waiting, Sanchez situation is messy and again I don't think he wants to go up against Brady twice a year unless he's got a great team behind him.

There is a perfect spot for him. San Francisco. Alex Smith is a free agent. Don't resign him. He's Fitzpatrick except he doesn't throw as many picks. You've got arguably the best defense in the NFL, an ok but hopefully young and improving O-Line, a potentially great tight end, and a really good running game. Pick up one of the free agent wideouts (V. Jackson, D. Jackson, Bowe or S. Johnson), draft a wide-out no.1 and you are absolutely set to challenge for a Super Bowl win. You're not even screwing up your "future". SF spent a #2 on Colin Kaeperick last year. Start Peyton for two years while you continue to groom him a la Rogers. It makes too much sense not to happen.

If Peyton is available (meaning healthy as well) we should take a run at him. He would give us an instant shot at the playoffs and with Tannehill in training we would go from one great QB to another and more importantly superbowl contenders.

ROFLOL...Wow. Hey Peyton would be an upgrade as I feel he is perhaps THE only franchise QB in the league that isn't a product of his system and the talent on the team. All of these other franchise QBs that teams pine for have a good scheme, stability and talent around them. You saw how talentless that team was when Peyton went down. Meanwhile a guy like Aaron Rogers gets outplayed by his backup.

The problem with getting Peyton are many. His salary is ridiculous and there is no way we fit him under the cap since we like to overpay for mediocre players as opposed to having lower budget roll players and high paid difference makers. Peyton is also unique in a way in that Peyton IS the scheme. He IS the system. He runs the offense from the line of scrimmage. Basically if you want Peyton performance you have to let him do what he does. Effectively this means that the team would have to switch to and learn the "Peyton system"

Build through the draft? Not if we try to get Peyton. We would have to give up way Way WAY too many picks to get him. He would be an upgrade but there is no fantasy land that exists where we get Peyton. Let's not even forget that his health is a HUGE question mark and realistically how many more productive years does he have?

If Peyton is available (meaning healthy as well) we should take a run at him. He would give us an instant shot at the playoffs and with Tannehill in training we would go from one great QB to another and more importantly superbowl contenders.

I very seriously doubt that Peyton would risk his legacy by doing as you suggest and playing with talleywhacker in public. Privately he might be curious about playing with talleywhacker, heck he might even enjoy it, but if he publicly played with talleywhacker right out in the open like that people would think differently about him and his reputation would be harmed. He would lose endorsement money like crazy for playing with talleywhacker for all to see.

You need help. This infatuation with Tannehill is WAY too creepy. Please. Seek help.

I think Arizona is a great place for Peyton. Harbaugh loves Alex Smith...I just don't know how well Harbaugh's collge coach approach would mesh with P Manning...Manning is used to being, for all intents and purposes, the QB and offensive coach. I just don't know that Harbaugh and a QB of Manning's stature are a good mix.

In Arizona, you have an offensively talented team, with an all-world #1 receiver (L-Fitz), just waiting for a QB. They also have a head coach who has something to prove, maybe, to keep his job. Harbaugh, in San Francisco is ascending. Just a hunch...I think Arizona will make a serious run at him.