Paterno near death...

The Poojer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks JoeF -- CBS Sports now has it front and center on its website. Nothing on ESPN yet.

If this is true, RIP and a sad, sad ending to JoePa's life.

This could be the reverse Jim Valvano. I've said for years that it only matters what you do in the last year of your life, because that's how you'll be remembered. Valvano by many accounts was not that good of a person until his cancer diagnosis.

Paterno made a whopper of a mistake, and unfortunately, that's how he will be remembered.

Thanks JoeF -- CBS Sports now has it front and center on its website. Nothing on ESPN yet.

This could be the reverse Jim Valvano. I've said for years that it only matters what you do in the last year of your life, because that's how you'll be remembered. Valvano by many accounts was not that good of a person until his cancer diagnosis.

Paterno made a whopper of a mistake, and unfortunately, that's how he will be remembered.

Sad but true Horsemen. Valvano was a habitual NCAA rule breaker...but now the JimmyV fund has raised $115M for cancer research and Roy Williams and Mike Krzyzewski, who hated competing against a cheater work on behalf of his legacy.

JoePa turned the other way to protect a friend, a program and a legacy he built -- but it was horribly wrong and its his last act...you are only as good as your last act unfortunately. Somehow however tonight for those of us of faith in God like JoePa--I think God has added to heaven's football staff...and JoePa has been forgiven..

Edited by JoeF

I really hope moving forward we get truth with what happened but I suspect everyone just found a spot to point fingers without anyone to refute it. What happened in those closed doors meetings, is purely word vs word and now one party is silenced.

I really hope moving forward we get truth with what happened but I suspect everyone just found a spot to point fingers without anyone to refute it. What happened in those closed doors meetings, is purely word vs word and now one party is silenced.

I do not imagine anyone will be able to point fingers at JoePa and continue a career on the path that will be successful. Only those already at rock bottom will be able to use him as a scapegoat.

I do not imagine anyone will be able to point fingers at JoePa and continue a career on the path that will be successful. Only those already at rock bottom will be able to use him as a scapegoat.

You mean like sandusky, mcqueery, and all the psu higher ups?

"I told Joe everything"

"Joe told us nothing"

And he's the weak link in the chain without being able to share his side of what he heard, and reported. Never able to truly share his vision of the events, motivations, or actions.

A college ball player gets as much as a parking ticket and the coach knows about within SECONDS. But somehow, Paterno had just a passing knowledge of what was going on?

Bull ****.

I hope hes in a lot of pain right now. He deserves to be.And when he meets God in a few days or hours, hes going to have to answer to Him. Not us.

Edited by RkFast