Joe Philbin is the new Fins Head Coach

FluffHead

I don't know if you put a halt to the trolling here on the main board, but...

As much as "Honey Badger don't care / Honey Badger don't give a stevestojan" Mr. Mathieu still just completed his sophomore season and is not eligible to declare for the NFL until next year if he does decide to leave LSU early.

And while it's natural to think Philbin might want to bring some members of the band with him, it's control-freak Jeff Ireland that makes the ultimate decisions there. He may want to stick with Moore.

He's not trolling, he's crayonzing.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think a black position coach that didn't even call the teams plays would ever get a head coaching gig in the NFL? I'm just curious what this guy has accomplished in either at the college or NFL level.

I find this a pretty uninspiring hire. He will surely have his work cut out for him with the Dolphins.

Its funny what losing out to your top target will do to you

Do you think a black position coach that didn't even call the teams plays would ever get a head coaching gig in the NFL? I'm just curious what this guy has accomplished in either at the college or NFL level.

I find this a pretty uninspiring hire. He will surely have his work cut out for him with the Dolphins.

Many of you are making way toooo much of "calling the offensive plays". Its mike McCarty's preference to call them. If you can be an OC youre capable of calling them. As far as what he did, he was OC for a super bowl champ last season for an offense that not only survived but thrived after many injuries. Followed that up this year with the best regular season record even though the defense had taken a major slide. Before people say "well Aaron Rodgers blah blah blah .... " consider the offense didn't miss a beat with backup QB Flynn

well, not formally announced as HC just yet, next week probably

I have to wonder if this is another Cam Cameron type hire as Philbin didn't call the offensive plays, Mike McCarthy did .

While the mans record as OC of the Packers is pretty great, the fact that he didn't call the plays would make me think twice about hiring him to run the entire team. I mean how good can he be if the HC doesn't trust him enough to allow him to call the plays. Then again that Green Bay offense looked downright horrible without Philbin against the NY Giants. (He was off last week due to the death of his son.) So are the Giants that good or was it that the team missed Philbin?

This hire also makes me think that the Dolphins also hope to get back up Packer QB Matt Flynn as well.

He didn't call the plays? OH, reminds me of Doug Marrone when Syracuse got him from the Saints. His learning curve has been quite steep. I think the Giants are that good. Didn't know about his son. That's terrible.

While the man might have exemplary credentials, i still question this hire.

http://mo.palmbeachp...he-2115112.html

Now after reading a bit more on this hire I see the Dolphins moronic GM screwed the team yet again as McCoy reportedly thinks the Dolphins passed on him because he didn't want to hire Dolphins secondary coach Todd Bowles as defensive coordinator.

Now does this read to you guys like it reads to me, Chan Gailey hired the Dolphins LB coach as his DC and look what happened. Mike McCoy wasn't willing to have an assistant DB coach promoted to DC under him and would have preferred to hire a top DC. Which in my mind is the much smarter move.

Dink brain Jeff Ireland seems intent on forcing any new HC to do what he wants. Is it any wonder why Sparano didn't succeed. Now I know why Jeff Fisher went to the Rams

http://profootballta...-have-cost-job/

While the man might have exemplary credentials, i still question this hire.

http://mo.palmbeachp...he-2115112.html

Now after reading a bit more on this hire I see the Dolphins moronic GM screwed the team yet again as McCoy reportedly thinks the Dolphins passed on him because he didn't want to hire Dolphins secondary coach Todd Bowles as defensive coordinator.

Now does this read to you guys like it reads to me, Chan Gailey hired the Dolphins LB coach as his DC and look what happened.

Not following the logic here. Are you trying to say the position coaches from Miami suck?

Many of you are making way toooo much of "calling the offensive plays". Its mike McCarty's preference to call them. If you can be an OC youre capable of calling them. As far as what he did, he was OC for a super bowl champ last season for an offense that not only survived but thrived after many injuries. Followed that up this year with the best regular season record even though the defense had taken a major slide. Before people say "well Aaron Rodgers blah blah blah .... " consider the offense didn't miss a beat with backup QB Flynn

Right - he is still Involved in gameplanning, play design, player development, and I'm sure a variety of other sideline duties. In fact, as head coach - he can have someone else play call.

That's jut about the least important part of becoming the HC.

What I will say is that if reports are true that he was chosen because McCoy wouldn't have let Bowles be DC.... You can bet it's going to go poorly. Crazy jeff Ireland with a pushover head coach and a DC that's forced on him is bad news.

well, not formally announced as HC just yet, next week probably

I have to wonder if this is another Cam Cameron type hire as Philbin didn't call the offensive plays, Mike McCarthy did .

While the mans record as OC of the Packers is pretty great, the fact that he didn't call the plays would make me think twice about hiring him to run the entire team. I mean how good can he be if the HC doesn't trust him enough to allow him to call the plays. Then again that Green Bay offense looked downright horrible without Philbin against the NY Giants. (He was off last week due to the death of his son.) So are the Giants that good or was it that the team missed Philbin?

This hire also makes me think that the Dolphins also hope to get back up Packer QB Matt Flynn as well.

If he didn't call the plays its no big deal as his OC can do that, what really matters is if he can hire a good staff (hopefully not :) )

We are doomed. As soon as the Jets reload (probably before next year) the Jets , Pats AND Phins will all be top ten teams and we will get swept every year. Sucks to be a bills fan.

If you let it affect your life, yes it sucks.

If you have a good life, it really doesn't make any difference.

I'm confused.

Who are you talking about? What black position coach?

Not following the logic here. Are you trying to say the position coaches from Miami suck?

What I'm saying is, wouldn't you as a new HC like to be able to hire your own assistants rather then have them dictated to you by the GM.

An experienced DC like Mike Nolan would be infinitely more desirable then a position coach who is basically an unknown if he can even handle the DC position.

Case in point, look what happened to the Buffalo Bills when they hired a LB'ers coach and promoted him to DC. Unproven commodity that failed big