Cool space pick of the day

DC Tom

That's why I don't want to be a ship captain. I'm afraid I'd slip and fall into a lifeboat after taking my ship off course so my head waiter can wave to his family and hit a rock that's not on the charts, then claim it's just an electrical problem, while I finish my drinks and dinner with some woman as the ship fills with water and starts to tip onto it's side. So it's the slippery shoes that keep me from that profession.

WOW!

That's like sailing and all of a sudden having the winds die to nothing. You don't want to fire up the enginge because you're sailing for God's sake. But it's scary because you have almost zero control over the boat that the currents take over. In this case they also had the winds blowing on the ship's profile that was just blowing it into shore. Scary **** indeed.

Kind-of impressive that the captain managed to ground the sinking ship by playing the bow thrusters, wind, and current together. Pretty good ship handling.

Too bad he wasn't that good WHEN HE HIT THE !@#$ING ISLAND. :wallbash: Dumbass.

Kind-of impressive that the captain managed to ground the sinking ship by playing the bow thrusters, wind, and current together. Pretty good ship handling.

Too bad he wasn't that good WHEN HE HIT THE !@#$ING ISLAND. :wallbash: Dumbass.

And that's the thing. He didn't just hit a reef. He hit the god damn !@#$ing island.

• 11 months later...