Is Peyton Manning retiring?

FluffHead

Rob Lowe ( yes, that rob Lowe ) is claiming on twitter that Peyton manning is retiring. What are the chances he knows something and what are the chances this is a ploy for followers? I say 80 percent ploy, but who knows. It would be funny if some random celebrity broke this news before the insiders

Has anybody bothered checking wikipedia to see if this is valid?

There is a lot more to the internet than Wikipedia. They might have taken a step back with this move, imo. The info. I was looking for today was found elsewhere... quickly.

The real story here is that Marv Levy was contacted as a possible replacement to Caldwell, but since Marv did not have his hearing aids in, he did not hear the call. :rolleyes:

...in other news, offensive line coach Pete Metzelaars and wide receivers coach Frank Reich were released today a source with knowledge of the situation said.

Those moves are likely to be followed by others on the coaching staffafter head coach Jim Caldwell was fired on Tuesday.

Let's say he did say he's retiring...We all know that doesn't mean anything anyway...

Favre, Palmer, ect...

With his mangled neck, at 36, he probably should though

Agree on both points. The man has had a stellar career. If his neck is pain-free right now after surgery, why not retire and increase the odds of it staying that way?

His team is rebuilding, it's not like he can contend successfully for a title in the next year or two (I think)