Wow -- player revolt against Sanchez

No. Mehta is the New York Daily News' Jets beat writer. He's very well-respected and has sources up the wazoo. If you read the story you would have seen these quotes:

hmm interesting. I did read the story but had a way different takeaway. I guess being a Yankee fan jaded me into thinking it was just another NY media story creation.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm interesting. I did read the story but had a way different takeaway. I guess being a Yankee fan jaded me into thinking it was just another NY media story creation.

I'm a hardcore Yankee fan too (and I live in NY), and I thought the story was credible. It's the talk of the town here today.

I take great joy in reading reports like this and McElroy's.

It was only a matter of time until that idiotic frat house of a team turned on itself. Like the bro who comes home drunk after being denied by all the ladies, and ends up fighting his buddies.

A wise man once said: "What a bunch of Dildos"

While we Bills fans may gloat at the Jets' situation, they have the full offseason to fix things. Their reeling has no effect on this season or the next. The mettle of that franchise's administration will be tested, yes, but they have several good players already. Some good management, tough decisions and coaching can make sure that these current troubles do not affect next season.

I wasn't gloating and I'm not predicting their demise.

Just saying that things are a mess right now and they have a lot of picking up to do.

Ryan created this mess. Most of us knew this would happen, other than those around here who held up Ryan as an example of a good coach.

Do people still prefer him or his brother over Gailey? Do people really think that his obnoxious, foot-sniffing style would work in Buffalo? His brother is the same way, do you really want that crap here?

These comments today are awesome!

This is almost as good as when we attack Tom Brady.

Oh God, Peyton, hang it up already. You had your time in the sun, you got your ring. Head off into the sunset already... We don't Brett Favre Part 2. I already seen that movie the first time. It didn't end well...

Yes, but it would be nice to have an over the hill QB in our division! I don't want the Jets landing a top 10 QB anytime soon!

Some teams, like the Pats, are too closed off. They aren't allowed to say anything, like it's a Fortune 500 public company or something. This is football, a game, and it's entertainment.

Having said that, if this is a real source, that goes too far. Ryan appears to have lost this team.

It looks like morale and the level of discontent has gone from bad to worse:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/11/unnamed-jets-sources-say-they-want-peyton-not-sanchez/

The Jets are done, Sanchez will only get worse now with his "teammates" stabbing him in the back and Rexy will be fired after next year.

Say what???

Sanchez is HORRIBLE.

He has career QB rating of 73.2. He was showing some improvement this year before regressing at the end with 5TD/7INT (plus two lost fumbles) and dropping the last three games.

The only reason people talk about him as anything other than a total NFL bust is precisely because he has a talented team around him that carried his lousy tail to two AFC Championships.

This year they weren't quite as good, and his sorry butt was just too much burden for them to carry. No surprise.

I think you misunderstood my point(Or I just didn't present it well). I by no means think Sanchez is a great QB, the guy is always good for a few chuckles when you watch some of the picks he throws. Personally I never thought he would be a good NFL QB when he was drafted.

My point was more that Brian Schottenheimer butchered that offense. 2 and 3 years ago the Jets ran wild, and had a solid defense. They ran an old fashion power football game, and were fairly successful doing it. Schotty basically benched a HOF running back in LT, played the mediocre Green, and relied on a mistake prone QB to throw down field. IMO Schotty ran the worst possible game plan for that offense, and got the least out of his best players.

Whether you like Gailey or not, I think he showed the exact opposite this year. He started with a disaster of a line, an awful WR core, and a journeyman QB. He managed to squeeze at least some success out of a talent starved team. Schotty managed to bury a team with an all star LT, HOF RB, two superbowl winning WR's, a top notch TE....

Edited by Turbosrrgood

It's deeper than that. The fact that so many Jets players feel content to air their internal grievances publicly points to a tremendous state of dysfunction within that franchise. It went on all year last year, and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Which is awesome!

You do have to question it though - maybe a couple of malcontents who will not be there next year. At the same time it is interesting to see how they are making the "bickering Bills" look like amateurs.

I honestly don't believe Manning would play for Rex Ryan. Peyton is a high character guy and serving as the saving grace for a loud mouth slob doesn't strike me as something he would be willing to do.

Besides, the Jets will not be contenders next year and one would have to think that Manning would prefer a team with a playoff caliber defense and an o-line that is at least average. Not to mention, the Jets only real receiving threat is Santonio Holmes (who will be back now that Shatty is gone)

Rex would have to modify his ways, that's for sure. I don't think Peyton would want to be a part of all the trash talking and cheap shots. If Peyton took a stand he'd go to Jets if they had a different coach, that could also be the last straw in getting Rex a ticket out of there too.

NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning and GM Mike Tannenbaum should trade young quarterback away.

A season torn by discord and dysfunction prompted several key Jets players and members of the organization to paint a sobering picture of Mark Sanchez, a polarizing figure within the franchise’s walls.

They raised serious doubts about his ability to lead the Jets, questioning everything from his practice habits to the organization’s coddling of him to how much of a role he truly played in the team making two consecutive AFC Championship Game appearances.

They also invited the opportunity to replace Sanchez with Peyton Manning.

The consensus among players who spoke to the Daily News was that, at the very least, the Jets must sign a legitimate veteran backup to push their young quarterback.

“We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice,” said one player. “He’s lazy and content because he knows he’s not going to be benched.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-players-bash-mark-sanchez-peyton-manning-gm-mike-tannenbaum-trade-young-quarterback-article-1.1004395#ixzz1jCLTHaVu

hes sooo finished there

too bad. i was looking forward to watching him f sh up for the jets for another season

It's deeper than that. The fact that so many Jets players feel content to air their internal grievances publicly points to a tremendous state of dysfunction within that franchise. It went on all year last year, and it's going to get worse before it gets better.

Which is awesome!

Do you think Jets fans were saying the same thing about the Bills in 1989?

Do you think Jets fans were saying the same thing about the Bills in 1989?

Ah yes the Bickering Bills.But, Ryan put unnecessary pressure on everyone 3 to 4 months before the season started proclaiming their destiny this year. Having failed miserably at his very lofty statements and goal, The players now are all worried about their own backs. I'm sure more change will happen within the team this off season. The good news I take away from this soap opera is the Jets are a year maybe 2 from slipping back too total irrelevance where as a franchise they have been for most of their existence.

Edited by Best Player Available

The biggest problem is the Jets think they are better than they really are. They are a slightly than better average team that has gone 9-7, 10-6, 8-8 the past 3 seasons. However, they believe they are some elite franchise. Ryan has a big mouth but IMO, he has got the most out of a group that isn't as talented as they think they are.

That said, Sanchez has benefited from some of the best surrounding talent of any QB in the NFL. They probably had the top oline before last year. They have had good receivers and a good running game. Fact is Sanchez is JP Losman on a better team. His decision making is terrible and he has horrible accuracy. As much as people want to hate on Fitz, there is not a doubt in my mind if he was on the Jets, they would have made the playoffs easily.

It's 100% on the media because he is the qb of the Jets. Has there ever been a less impressive athlete who has gotten endorsements than Sanchez? He is like a career 55% passer. Even in the Pepsi Max ads, he forces the receiver to dive for one of his passes.

Rex and his big mouth set the stage for this entire debacle. -Guaranteeing wins, and superbowl appearances. That's exactly the kind of stuff NFL HC's should avoid. I understand that because of the culture installed in the Mangini era, Rex may have felt the need to "talk his guys up." Unfortunately, it may have led to the Jets believing they were better than they actually were. The end result was a season that didn't live up to anyone's expectations. IMO that's still a positive. NYJ fans should consider themselves lucky just to HAVE expectations. At the start of the season, Many here on TBD were hoping for a 7-9 effort from our guys!

The moral of the story is that expectations, while good, can be a two-edged sword. The Jets should be careful not to hack each other to pieces with it. Sanchez can still play. He's a homesick California-boy that lost his way in the bright lights of Madison Avenue. He had a bad year, and the New York media tore him to shreds. This is a kid that's already made it to 2 AFC title games in his brief career. If he' smart, he'll settle down, and just focus on being a better QB. The Jets are still the second best team in our division. IMO Mark Sanchez has earned the benefit of any doubt his teamates, or the New York media circus can cast on him.