Who thinks Denver can beat NE?

I remember a similar thread back when David took on Goliath, I think we all know how that turned out.

Von Miller will get his hand on a NE pass and deflect it. It will fly over Brady's grill, hit him right between the eyes, and drop him at the 35 yd line. He will not return to the game.

Count me among those who were very surprised to see Denver line up in the W column yesterday. But they deserved it over Pitt.

In all seriousness, it is more likely that the Broncos will have offensive success against the Pats than it should have been against the Steelers. The difference in defensive strengths are night and day. With Tebow's new found downfield passing game, and added confidence after the 1st round win, will help their already strong running game. In short, I expect to see Denver move the ball effectively vs the Patriots. If Von Miller and Elvis Dumerville can get consistent pressure on Brady, through a combination of effective blitz packages, and if Denver doesn't choose to plan around a scheme of rushing only 3 or 4 DLs, then I really feel the Broncos have a legitimate chance to win this game. In my mind, it will all come down to Denver's defensive game plan.

I'm sticking to my claim from many weeks ago when people on this forum were saying the Pats aren't the elite team in the AFC and I said they're in the Super Bowl. Sticking with it and teh Pats beat the Broncos by at least 10.

Too many people get clogged with emotion and talk themselves into the Pats being bad because they don't want them to keep winning. I get it, I hate them too. But when you watch them and assess them honestly, the are very good offensively. And they might be average or worse defensively, but if you look at the teams everyone claims are elite, mainly the Packers and the Saints, their offensives suck too but their offensives are so unreal, their defense is merely a tool to allow the offense some time to rest! Everyone is claiming the Pats can't win because of shoddy defense. But the gave up 342, the SAints gave up 339 and the Pack 359.

So why is it everyone loves the Pack and says the can't lose but they've given up more points than the Pats? Sure, of the 3 teams that Pats have scored the least BUT their point differential is +171, or 10.69 points per game. New Orleans was first at +208/13ppg and Green Bay was second at +201/12.57ppg.

These three teams are a statistical dead heat but very people on this board, due to their emotional hatred of this team, has the ability to rationally think about them. When you do, you'll realize they are still elite. And if you don't think its highly likely they can beat any of the other three AFC teams at thier stadium in the next two games, I can't help you!

Not a prayer..The Stillers were ripe for an upset..banged up everywhere, coach getting seriuosly burned, old, altitude, overconfidence etc.

NE has the sting of the last two playoffs game at home being losses..I see them wining by at least, and I do mean at least, 18 pts, think it will be closer to 30

NE* will win, NE* has a suspect defense, but like NO and GB it just won't matter. Belichick will copy the Bills game plan. Early big lead, don't let them catch up. I sort of think Denver can pressure Marsha but not enough. And the pasties will run and quick pass to the TEs until Denver and I doubt if can stop it. I was wrong about the Stillers, although I hadn't seen them in a game all year and they looked old and injured.

I'm sticking to my claim from many weeks ago when people on this forum were saying the Pats aren't the elite team in the AFC and I said they're in the Super Bowl. Sticking with it and teh Pats beat the Broncos by at least 10.

I didn't think the Patsies* are elite and said so… but the AFC is the weaker conference right now and with Pittsburgh out of the way and Baltimore being very vulnerable IMO, it would not be the least bit shocking for the Patriots to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

I still expect the NFC to win the Super Bowl.

Too many people get clogged with emotion and talk themselves into the Pats being bad because they don't want them to keep winning. I get it, I hate them too. But when you watch them and assess them honestly, the are very good offensively. And they might be average or worse defensively, but if you look at the teams everyone claims are elite, mainly the Packers and the Saints, their offensives suck too but their offensives are so unreal, their defense is merely a tool to allow the offense some time to rest! Everyone is claiming the Pats can't win because of shoddy defense. But the gave up 342, the SAints gave up 339 and the Pack 359.

So why is it everyone loves the Pack and says the can't lose but they've given up more points than the Pats? Sure, of the 3 teams that Pats have scored the least BUT their point differential is +171, or 10.69 points per game. New Orleans was first at +208/13ppg and Green Bay was second at +201/12.57ppg.

These three teams are a statistical dead heat but very people on this board, due to their emotional hatred of this team, has the ability to rationally think about them. When you do, you'll realize they are still elite. And if you don't think its highly likely they can beat any of the other three AFC teams at thier stadium in the next two games, I can't help you!

I generally agree with what you are saying but the Pats D is so bad that it makes them vunerable .... if .... a very big if ...Brady stumbles the Pats could fall. The only other possibility is if the weather takes the passing game out of play ... NE is clearly the better team over all but the defense is an achilles heel.

new england* will win. They'll hang at least a 30 spot on offense, and i can't see belicheat* letting denver WRs run free downfield like pittsburgh did. And unless wilfork goes down like Hampton and Kiesel did, the patsies* DL will have a much better time containg tebow than the steelers.

Perfect play call at the end of that Denver game. The Bronco's are a running team facing the #1 defense in the NFL.

I watched and grimaced as the Bronco's would run RB Willis McGahee on first down right up the middle, over and over. I know they are predominately a running team, but jeez, every series on first down, a hand off to McGahee right up the middle, again and again.

All the way up until overtime, and on first down instead of handing it off to Willis it was a play action pass. That Steeler defense was fooled into stacking the box on first down because the Bronco's always ran on first down...right?

Not this time, a perfect play call, play action pass at just the right time, a beautiful thing to behold. :worthy:

BTW, Josh McDaniel's not looking like a total fool now after selecting Tim Tebow AND Demaryius Thomas with #1 picks

In all seriousness, it is more likely that the Broncos will have offensive success against the Pats than it should have been against the Steelers. The difference in defensive strengths are night and day. With Tebow's new found downfield passing game, and added confidence after the 1st round win, will help their already strong running game. In short, I expect to see Denver move the ball effectively vs the Patriots. If Von Miller and Elvis Dumerville can get consistent pressure on Brady, through a combination of effective blitz packages, and if Denver doesn't choose to plan around a scheme of rushing only 3 or 4 DLs, then I really feel the Broncos have a legitimate chance to win this game. In my mind, it will all come down to Denver's defensive game plan.

Steelers played a bad gameplan against Denver. Belichick won't let Denver have any success. Pats roll.

I would love to see it just bc I would love to see the Pats lose but this would also give the Ravens who I drew in my super bowl pool a better chance of making it to the big game

Edited by Max997

Steelers played a bad gameplan against Denver. Belichick won't let Denver have any success. Pats roll.

Agreed. Coupled with injuries it ended up being a train wreck.

Can they win this week? I'd give a 10-20% chance.

I don't see TT having a consistent enough arm to expect 300 yards again. He could, but I'm not confident in it yet.

Brady should also see more success tan a gimpy ben.