Playoff weekend

NoSaint

Houston over Cinci- return of wade

NO over Detroit- NO is too good offensively

NYG over Atl- Eli over Matty (who's a diff qb on the road)

Pitts over Denver- defense rules this game. Pitts defense is better.

Jmo

I'll take Cincy over Houston. Dalton is the better QB, and AJ Green is great. I think the Cincy D can slow down the Houston offense enough to win.

NO over Detroit. I have NO going to the Super Bowl from the NFC. With Brees on offense and Vilma playing great on D, this is a difficult team to beat.

ATL over New Jersey Giants. Both teams are inconsistent, but I'll take Matt Ryan and his All-Star WR duo and their good D. I just have a feeling ATL wins, but I could see the Giants winning if their D comes on strong early and often.

Pitt over Denver. Denver does not have a single real NFL QB on their Roster. Pittsburgh has at least 2. (Ben and Batch). Actually, if I were Pittsburgh, I'd sit Ben and play Batch and save Ben for games later in the season. As you stated, its a defensive battle, and I give the edge to the Steelers. Plus they have playmakers on offense in Wallace and Brown.

Edited by RyanC883

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the lines from the NY Post, I'll go with:

Bengals +3½ -- Tough pick here, but the injuries may be too much to overcome for Houston. In any event, I can't see giving more than a FG either way.

SAINTS -10½ -- NO performance at home this year is incredible; no one has come close to stopping them and the Lions can't keep up in a shootout.

GIANTS -3 -- Giants are confident, playing their best football and are as healthy as they've been all year. Ryan and the Falcons unimpressive on the road the past few years and in the playoffs.

Steelers -8½ -- I want to believe Tebow! But the Pittsburgh D just too damn good. Denver's not going to shut out Big Ben and he'll only need 17-20 points (maybe fewer) to ensure a cover. The only way I see Denver staying in this game is with a defensive or ST touchdown.

Based on the lines from the NY Post, I'll go with:

Bengals +3½ -- Tough pick here, but the injuries may be too much to overcome for Houston. In any event, I can't see giving more than a FG either way.

SAINTS -10½ -- NO performance at home this year is incredible; no one has come close to stopping them and the Lions can't keep up in a shootout.

GIANTS -3 -- Giants are confident, playing their best football and are as healthy as they've been all year. Ryan and the Falcons unimpressive on the road the past few years and in the playoffs.

Steelers -8½ -- I want to believe Tebow! But the Pittsburgh D just too damn good. Denver's not going to shut out Big Ben and he'll only need 17-20 points (maybe fewer) to ensure a cover. The only way I see Denver staying in this game is with a defensive or ST touchdown.

I'm gonna go Houston -3.5. They won at Cinci three weeks ago (albeit in the last seconds) and they're at home this time. I think Kubiak and Wade will outcoach Lewis and cohorts although Gruden has done a great job this season with Cinci's rookie offensive stars.

Saints -10.5 I know Suh didn't play last time the teams met and I don't think his presence will make a difference this time. The Saints are playing as well right now as they did when they won the whole thing. Detroit will be happy just to be in this game.

Giants -3.5. Giants at home and I also think this is a big factor. Besides that, I believe the Giants match up pretty well against Atlanta with a now-healthy defensive backfield and an excellent pass rush. The Giants have played pretty well the last two weeks to win the division.

I'm gonna take Denver +8.5. I agree it could get ugly with Tebow/Quinn against the Pitt defense but besides Big Ben being hobbled, star center Maurkice Pouncy is out as is starting RB Mendenhall. I think it might be low scoring so I'll take the points.

Hope I at least go 2-2.

The Bills are out and tackle football bores me in general, so I won't watch or care until the superbowl.

And even then, it's just for the party.

I swear I don't get this.

So basically, you don't like football but watch the Bills because.....why?

Me? I love football and watch with passion whether Buffalo is in or out. Naturally, I'd prefer to have my beloved Bills in the hunt. Nevertheless, I am a football fan first.

SAme goes for the other sports (Yankees, Sabres). If they're not involved I still watch with passion.

To each his own.

Me? I love football and watch with passion whether Buffalo is in or out. Naturally, I'd prefer to have my beloved Bills in the hunt. Nevertheless, I am a football fan first.

SAme goes for the other sports (Yankees, Sabres). If they're not involved I still watch with passion.

To each his own.

Exactly :thumbsup:

I had $100 on the Saints yesterday. Predicted Houston was going to win but didn't have any money on it. Today I have NYG and putting another $100 down on Pittsburgh today. Enjoy day two of the wildcard fellas. Beers for everybody :beer:

Houston over Cinci- return of wade

NO over Detroit- NO is too good offensively

NYG over Atl- Eli over Matty (who's a diff qb on the road)

Pitts over Denver- defense rules this game. Pitts defense is better.

Jmo

This. In the Shoutbox last nite someone opined Atl is a more complete, better team than the G-men, don't see it.

Pitts offense is better than Denver too, with or without Tebow.

Exactly :thumbsup:

I had $100 on the Saints yesterday. Predicted Houston was going to win but didn't have any money on it. Today I have NYG and putting another $100 down on Pittsburgh today. Enjoy day two of the wildcard fellas. Beers for everybody :beer:

Feeling froggy this weekend so I also put down $100 on the Giants. Got my homemade Chilli brewing, man I love playoff weekends(even though it'd be 100x better if the Bills were playing)

I don't get it either. I'm OK with the "don't like football" or "tackle football bores me" thing, but I kinda see "fan of a specific team" as a sub-set of "football fan in general".

I guess that explains the whole "fair weather fan" phenomenon if it's really "fan of a specific football team" as a weak subset of "fan of a specific city's teams"

I really enjoyed what I got to see of the games yesterday. Houston against Bengals in particular interested me, and I predict Houston against Ravens next week may be a very good game.

I would have high hopes for Pitt against NE as well (if its Denver against NE I predict a blood bath, with Denver scheduled for the role of "bleeder").

To each his own.

Because they are local, I enjoy going to the tailgate and to training camp, and I have some kind of connection to the team.

But football is so god awful slow moving in the first place, then you inject the constant TV commercials. Makes it unbearable for me to watch if it is not the Bills. Even at the game it becomes unbearable as the players stand around waiting for the commercials (playing on the scoreboard no less) to finish. If I recorded it and skipped the commercials and all the dead time between plays it would be OK to watch.

I remember a couple years ago when I had seasons there was one game where a couple transformers went out and there was no power for TV transmission. That meant no stoppages for commercials and that was the most enjoyable football game I've ever been to.

Ultimately I am a Bills fan only, not a football fan at all anymore. And you are right, to each his own.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I think steelers should win easy, but surprises happen

I have a friend in Vegas this weekend and had him put some $$ on the Broncos winning (19:1 payout)

Before you call me crazy:

- The Steelers D is great, but the Broncos have won scoring 15 or less in most games.

- The bad OL for the Steelers and Denvers pass rush will get after Big Ben

- Big ben is hurting

- Mendenhall is out

- Clarck cannot play because of a blood disorder

- This game is the sterotypical 'they have no chance don't even play the game' pick of all the tv pundits

- And here is the real kicker... The Steelers RB coach hasn't been with the team because he caught on fire.

http://www.rantsports.com/pittsburgh-steelers/2012/01/08/steelers-running-back-coach-kirby-wilson-badly-burned-in-fire/

Something strange is in the air.

Edited by Thoner7

I have a friend in Vegas this weekend and had him put some $$ on the Broncos winning (19:1 payout)

Before you call me crazy:

- The Steelers D is great, but the Broncos have won scoring 15 or less in most games.

- The bad OL for the Steelers and Denvers pass rush will get after Big Ben

- Big ben is hurting

- Mendenhall is out

- Clarck cannot play because of a blood disorder

- This game is the sterotypical 'they have no chance don't even play the game' pick of all the tv pundits

- And here is the real kicker... The Steelers RB coach hasn't been with the team because he caught on fire.

http://www.rantsport...burned-in-fire/

Something strange is in the air.

19 to 1 odds in an NFL playoff game?!? How is that possible? Holy crap, I'd bet the Colts over the Packers at 19:1.