Would You Rather...?

judman

QB 2012 Poll  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see them make a move for?

• Peyton Manning
    • RG III
    • Andrew Luck
    • Matt Flynn
    • Keep Fitz

I think they'll keep Fitz. Dumping him with ink wet on his contract just one year after dumping Edwards (Chan used to like him too) would be egg in the face of a "qb guru."

I really want Fitz to be the guy. I like him, I like his story. But if he struggles out of the gate next season, it could land Chan on the hot seat.

Fitz, he isn't the greates but far from the worst. We need D. A solid pass rusher (DE, LB) We could get Flynn for free and have him compete with Fitz. I wouldn't give Flynn the start out of the gate. He hasn't proved he can play in Buffalo and hasn't played that much in the NFL. Playing in GB n playing for B-lo r 2 different planets! If he beats Fitz then he starts and we have a really expensive, and good ( didnt say great) 2nd string QB. Atleast we would have some depth. We have 2 good running backs and our depth sucks every other position. We need a lot of help on D,,, way more than our O does. With a solid D it will help our O out. Throw in a tackle & WR through FA or draft, but we really should focus on building a solid D. Give the stache what he needs, n we will be OK!

Id take anyone of them but the keep fitz option :bag:

My Order of preference:

Flynn - some NFL sccess already, costs us no draft picks

Luck - future top 5 NFL QB, if we are going to trade to move up we might as well trade all the picks

RG3 - I think he can be a playmaker

Manning - simply because he is the oldest

Edited by Thoner7

And we are still 3-4 years away from seriously competing anyway. I'm not just trying to make the playoffs here. I want to make a serious run every year.

3-4 years?

I expect us to make a serious run at the playoffs next year if not make them. 3-4 years from now we'll have almost an entire new roster with FA the way it is. You just can't say you're going to rebuild and take 4 or 5 years to do it anymore. That worked in the 60s/70s/80s/early 90s but it doesn't anymore.

And if we start winning and having winning seasons and make runs at the playoffs we'll have a better chance at signing FAs that want to win. And winning breeds winning. Right now Buffalo is a joke that hasn't had a winning season in 7 years and the longest playoff drought in the league bar none.

I think our goal for now should be to end that playoff drought as soon as possible. Then we can start thinking about Super Bowls etc. Fitz can help us get there faster than some kid that has to suck for a couple of years while he learns and then maybe never even gets good and we start all over. Especially next year when hopefully our D can keep us in games.

Luck all the way; he's the best QB to come out since Elway, better than Manning was in college. Guys like that come around ounce in a generation and if you can swing a deal for him you do it, period.

I can't wait till all you Fitz haters have to eat crow next fall when we finally get a pass rush and some of our better players back to full health. Can't wait! (Bart Scott voice)

sure they're going to help his Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

Would you rather drive a:

2012 Ferrari

2012 Caddy CTS

1971 Chevelle LS6

Keep your current 07 Toyota CamryPrius

:worthy:

Gotta go with the Chevelle.

think of a first round draft pick as an unproven $5 mil/yr cap slot.

if you traded a future #1 to move up, you still have the $5 mil/yr cap slot to use on a proven free agent. so, to me, you haven't lost a thing. in fact, there is less risk with the free agent.

therefore, if Indy was stupid enough to swap this years first round picks and accept two additional future first round picks as compensation.....i would make that trade in a heartbeat to get Andrew Luck.

besides, if "value" is a ratio of salary paid/talent, i would argue that 2nd round picks are the best value.

but like any trade involving future draft picks, you have to be able to evaluate talent and "hit" on your pick(s). as a generalization, i would rather trade up to get a player i'm convinced will be good, versus dropping down, collecting additional picks, picking the best available player and hoping they pan out.

(reposted from another thread).

I just this morning got around to seeing the highlights from the Lions/Packers game and Matt Flynn was spot on to receivers who were well covered in some cases. And these weren't just great receivers making nice catches, these were guys getting hit well in stride. I recall him playing well against the Patriots last year in a game that Rogers had to miss. I'm not giving up on Fitz but if we have a chance to get Matt Flynn without having to give much up, we should definitely take it.

The Poll probably needs to be better worded...I'm going to go out on a limb and assume, without condition, that any Bills Fan would prefer these other QB options to Fitz...But some would not be willing to do what it would take to get them...Otherwise this Poll would be a glaring example of the lack of Football knowledge around here... B-)

You are a Schmuck, aren't you?

You're reading the question wrong.

The question isn't which QB would you rather have.

The question is would you do what it takes to get Luck, meaning trading away your next 3 years of first round picks + mid rounders, do what it takes to get RGII meaning trading away your next 2 years of first round picks + mid rounders, trade or sign Rob Johnson, I mean Matt Flynn or stick with your Fitz.

Oh yeah some OC named Manning is on the list too, but do we need Gailey and another OC?

No its NOT.

The question was "Who would you like to see them make a move for?"

Schmuck.

With Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning on your list, keeping Fitz is an actual choice? :blink:

Luck all the way; he's the best QB to come out since Elway, better than Manning was in college. Guys like that come around ounce in a generation and if you can swing a deal for him you do it, period.

sure they're going to help his Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!

:worthy:

Gotta go with the Chevelle.

Can we add a Cutlass 4-4-2 to the list of options? :beer:

Fitzpatrick threw a lot of interceptions, but other than that played fine/good most of the year. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if his interceptions were due to being forced to throw a lot because our defense let the other team get up by too many points. Forced passes = higher interception rate, imo.

I'd rather we focus on defense. We've proven we can score, we need to stop other teams from scoring. If a good QB is available without giving up too much, go do it, but other than that, we don't need to rock the boat on offense nearly as much as we need to do on defense.

The Poll probably needs to be better worded...I'm going to go out on a limb and assume, without condition, that any Bills Fan would prefer these other QB options to Fitz...But some would not be willing to do what it would take to get them...Otherwise this Poll would be a glaring example of the lack of Football knowledge around here... B-)

Thanks for clearing it up.