19 years ago today

As great a game as that was, to me its a black eye on our fandom. Back-to-back SB appearances and we can't sell out a playoff game? I laugh when people say fans will show up when the Bills start winning. History says otherwise.

PTR

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_(American_football)

Something more pleasant to think about today...

My 10 yo son was on youtube this AM before school watching highlights of that game. He's a history buff re: the team; though I think he's never seen them do anything good so he finds comfort this way. :bag: Either way, it never occurred to me that the anniversary was today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Comeback_(American_football)

Something more pleasant to think about today...

I just watched the second half on youtube. All 7 11 minute segments. I was watching the game at a Newman Center Church at Fredonia College on the dish and walked out after the score was 35-3. I came back to see OT but never actually saw the second half, just the highlights. What a treat to watch that. WOW!

Thankfully we didn't score more points than we did in Sunday's debacle - if we had and New England scored 49 unanswered points to come back and win they would have robbed us of the greatest comback in history.....

No they wouldn't have.

Perhaps they would have robbed us of the record for points overcome in a comeback.

But they wouldn't have robbed us of the greatest comeback in history.

nothing brings me more joy than watching the shots of the houston sideline, and seeing how ridiculous Haywood jeffries looked after he did something remotely good. he swung his arms around like mangled Ken doll. I don't think he had working elbows.

I remember him juking his butt in front of the end zone cameras after catching the TD to go up 28-3. I took special pleasure in watching his reaction during the second half implosion. I also enjoyed how Talley held him with no call, allowing Nate to make the OT interception that won it. Let's face it, we got some gift calls. That one and Beebe's TD after running out of bounds for 10 yards come to mind. But we've paid for them dearly since. :angry:

Edited by BRH

No they wouldn't have.

Perhaps they would have robbed us of the record for points overcome in a comeback.

But they wouldn't have robbed us of the greatest comeback in history.

OK - you would have still had your moral victory, but the record books would show otherwise....

My memory of this game was not elevated because of the game, but rather by the company I kept during the game. Lived in Florida at the time, and watched the game with the Bills Backers of Orlando. You should not hope to watch a game like that with anything other than a group of nuts like them.

The crazy thing is that at recent Bills camps (like the last three + years), the comeback game is playing inside the merchandise tent, but when you ask to buy the DVD, you are told: "you might find it on ebay".

The crazy thing is that at recent Bills camps (like the last three + years), the comeback game is playing inside the merchandise tent, but when you ask to buy the DVD, you are told: "you might find it on ebay".

Topps i think had it 2 years back. Not just the highlights but the whole game. I wish someone would put a clean copy of the No punt game on DVD.

I was there for that one and it was total Bills glory. There had to be 4,000 Bills fans that stayed after the game waiting for the team buses to leave

candlestick. Bruce even did a lap after pre-game warmups because everyone was screaming BRuuuuce. The 49er fans were an accommodating bunch that day.

And the Houston offensive coordinator kept calling pass plays rather than call a ball control game. I remember watching that game and thinking that he was an idiot and he was letting Buffalo get back into the game (Gilbride, I think).

On ESPN, Chris Berman had a motorized covered wagon going in a circle with the Bills logo on it. That was the original "Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills" game.

Topps i think had it 2 years back. Not just the highlights but the whole game. I wish someone would put a clean copy of the No punt game on DVD.

I was there for that one and it was total Bills glory. There had to be 4,000 Bills fans that stayed after the game waiting for the team buses to leave

candlestick. Bruce even did a lap after pre-game warmups because everyone was screaming BRuuuuce. The 49er fans were an accommodating bunch that day.

note to TBD: how about buying some of the comeback DVDs for sale the camp tent (since you have been playing them inside when you walk in) or are you afraid that fans will see the good Bills of yesteryear and realize even more how bad today's Bills are? You would think that the Bills would own the rights to their own game and would be able to stock some DVDs - right? :wallbash:

note to TBD: how about buying some of the comeback DVDs for sale the camp tent (since you have been playing them inside when you walk in) or are you afraid that fans will see the good Bills of yesteryear and realize even more how bad today's Bills are? You would think that the Bills would own the rights to their own game and would be able to stock some DVDs - right? :wallbash:

Or, you could do a 10 second Google search: http://www.amazon.com/NFL-Game-Archives-Buffalo-Playoffs/dp/B000VAHQYM

-Bill

My 10 yo son was on youtube this AM before school watching highlights of that game. He's a history buff re: the team; though I think he's never seen them do anything good so he finds comfort this way. :bag: Either way, it never occurred to me that the anniversary was today.

Bravo, sir. Bravo !!