Biggest Surprise? Biggest Dissapoint? Who are you looking forward to s

Surprised they won six games, I thought they might win 3.

Disappointed in some of Fitz's issues. I thought an off season of work might make some things better, like his accuracy and maybe his arm strength. I feel like a wide out that can stretch the field might not do much because Fitz just can't seem to lead receivers deep, they're always slowing to wait for the ball. Yesterday's pass interference was a perfect example. Sometimes he does it but most times it's not there. I guess it comes down to his inconsistency.

Disappointed in the defense, especially linebackers (duh). Disappointed that Fitz was so inaccurate. Disappointed in the pass wacky play calling when it became clear that the defenses were expecting it. Disappointed that receivers were unreliable (Hagan may be a keeper). Disappointed with injuries to key players combined with lack of depth.

Impressed with Spiller. Impressed with Byrd and Wilson. Impressed that the O-line didn't implode with all the injuries. Impressed with Chandler. Impressed with Fred Jackson.

Disappointed:

1. The Bills did not make the playoffs for a 12th straight season. Nothing beats that.

2. Disappointed with the horrible coaching on the Defense.

3. Disappointed that David Nelson did not blossom into a true 2nd or 3rd WR (especially after a great finish last year and a hot start this year).

4. Disappointed that Dareus was not a game changer as it was predicted....Dareus has been OK, but not a monster like a Suh.

5. Disappointed that the 2010 Draft class could not get on the field except for Spiller.

6. Disappointed that the Bills won ONE game after starting 5-2....2-10 in the last 12 is horrible....

7. Disappointed that Wood had a season ending injury again

8. Disappointed that the ST was very average under DeHaven...May it is time for him to hang up.

Disappointed

- Chan Play calling

- Defense scheme

- Brad Smith ( go see Chan Play calling )

- Fitz ugly beard

- losing games that should have won - Giants, Bengals, Patriots ( up 21-0 ), Jets.

- Watching teams like Bengals and Denver make the playoffs.

- Johnson not getting the team concept

- Fitz yelling like a girl after the Oakland win

Impressed

- Spiller has caught my eye in the last 3 games

- Jackson is a machine

- Chandler

- One first half where Wilson killed everyone

- Johnson having a good game against Revis

- Levitre

- Dareus

- Byrd

- Leodis Returning - No one better on this team than him...Keep him there

- Hope and feeling I had when we were 5-2

- The great Broadcast reception I got from NFL GAMEPASS here in Brasil!

Biggest Positive Surprises:

• Offensive Line
  • Chandler
  • Fiiz's Production
  • George Wilson
  • Big Wins Early in the Season
  • Fred Jackson
  • David Nelson, class act

Biggest Disappointments:

• Defensive Execution "I'm in favor of it"
  • Throup - thought He'd have a breakout season
  • Batton, and to some degree Moats (role players at best)
  • Easley missing the season - was hoping for big things
  • Maybin - everything about his demise
  • The lack of offensive creativeness as the season went on

Edited by CSBill

Biggest suprises:

1. Beating the Patriots

2. Rogers showed a lot for a late round pick

3. The offensive line, played better than anyone thought

4. Spiller, I was wrong about him, but he showed me and a lot people what he can do

5. Barnett adequately replaced Poz for 3-4 million less a season.

Biggest disappointments:

1. That Edwards didnt start Moats at OLB, if we are rebuilding why not give the young guys playing time, why

try and convert at a big DL(Johnson) into a OLB. I was hoping Moats could get into the 5-7 sack range this yr.

2. That we went into a season with a WR corp of Stevie and bunch of FA's

3. The defense gave up more points than the previous year.

4. Merriman and the continuing injuries

5. Gailey turning the offense into the run and shoot. Chan limiting Spillers touches too much.

6. We havent improved on our Jauron era W-L record in 2 years

Biggest Positive Surprises:

• Offensive Line
  • Chandler
  • Fiiz's Production
  • George Wilson
  • Big Wins Early in the Season
  • Fred Jackson
  • David Nelson, class act

Biggest Disappointments:

• Defensive Execution "I'm in favor of it"
  • Throup - thought He'd have a breakout season
  • Batton, and to some degree Moats (role players at best)
  • Easley missing the season - was hoping for big things
  • Maybin - everything about his demise
  • The lack of offensive creativeness as the season went on

Good list.

Fitz goes into both categories though.

Biggest Surprises:

1. Talent/cohesion of OL before getting ravaged by injuries

2. Chandler as an emerging threat at TE (though he goes down with a gust of wind after the catch....)

3. Beating the Pats, seconded by the win over the Iggles

4. The 5-2 start, and being up 21-0 against the Pats.....

5. The D giving up a ton of yards but taking the ball away during the 5-2 run to mask its deficiencies

6. Spiller showing he "gets" the value of going N/S instead of E/W

Biggest Disappointments:

1. Getting crushed by injuries, which blew up our season and exposed our lack of depth

2. Bills special teams - other than Justin Rogers/McFumbles PR capabilities, we regressed overall in ST though

3. Our defense's inability to stop the run and get off the field at crucial times w/ zero pass rush

4. Chan's inability to react in-game to changing conditions and make the necessary adjustments, plus his head-scratching play-calling....seems to out-think himself at times, i.e., throw deep when a short gain needed and vice-versa

5. Terrible personnel misjudgment by Edwards - i.e., using Kelsay & Spencer as OLBs, underusing Moats. Did not see a single solid game plan other than what he called against the Tebows

6. Brad Smith - waste of money so far, no wildcat, no throwing the rock ??

Who/What I Am Looking Forward to:

1. The potential for new ownership when RW passes

2. Looking forward to what Wannstache can do with some talent & getting injured guys back in the mix

3. Continued maturation of Spiller and to some dynamic play-calling with him & FredEx......this is not a one-back league anymore

4. looking forward to a healthy KW paired with Dareus in the middle of the D line

5. Hitting the jackpot in the draft/FA to address our areas of need - this is a hope but not a certainty with our draft track record

+

1. Darius looks like he won't be a bust

2. Spiller looks like he won't be a bust

3. Shep looks like he won't be a bust

4. Hairston can play

5. Barnett is an absolute baller

6. Lee for a 4th... 2011 production wasn't worth a 7th

7. Chandler!

8. Pears and williams ok too

9. Freddie you leave it all in the field. Outstanding. Deserved Hawaii.

-

1. Run the ball Chan!

2. Edwards should have been done sooner

3. Still dont know whether fitz has it or not

4. Couldnt Stevie keep the dam jersey on so there was no debate on signing him or not

5. Troup, Carrington, moats, mckelvin just didn't get to where I hoped they would

6. Will the vicious injury cycle ever slow down

7. Merrimen, either conclude he can still play or bag it. No more false hope please

8, still can't believe they broke camp with these wr's

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

The Bills beating the Patriots for the first time in forever...

The Bills getting so many turnovers, but only in certain games...Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde syndrome

This Bills HC trying to force the QB to pass looked an awful lot like Turk Schonert, Gailey should think about hiring ole Turk as his OC

Fred Jackson running so great out the spread formation that made Thurman Thomas a star, only to have Gailey stop using the running game so often, in so many games.

Biggest disappointment.... the more things change, the more they stay the same. 3-4 or 4-3 Tampa 2 or 3-4. The Defense still stinks, even after the GM drafts a stud DT #3, and drafts mostly for the D line the year before. STILL, no pass rusher

The Bills dump Maybin and he gets 6 sacks for them playing part time, he didn't get one sack in his 2 years as a Bill.

Shawn Merriman

Injuries this season even worse then Jauron's teams, with 3 new S&C coaches!!

RW still owns the team, no new top coaches or free agents...

Positives:

Fitz's play in the early goings

Spiller's emergence

OL play even late in the season with all their injuries.

2011 draft class. Very impressive so far

Derek Hagan, his play against the Patriots was very encouraging

Negatives:

Fitz's play in the later part of the season.

Defense sucks again. Got some good players but can't stop anyone. I had nightmares about Losman coming in and tearing us a new !@#$

Brad Smith

Depth!!!

Good questions. I went back to see what I predicted to answer this one.

I predicted the Bills as a possible turnaround team based on a better offense, increasing average ppg, and same on defense, lowering ppg. I thought there would be a swing of 7-10 points. The O increased by 5.6 ppg, but the D was worse by 0.5 ppg. So...

On O, I predicted the interior of the line would be stout and help the running game, and I think that was correct. I also said I thought Chandler would be a pleasant surprise--also correct.

The Offense met my expectations for the most part. I think the O would've been significantly better if they didn't lose all but 2 WRs, and Freddie/Chandler near the end.

Almost all of my Disappointments were on D:

1. My expected improvement in D was based upon Merriman staying healthy, and he didn't. That was my biggest disappointment.

2. Then KW went down, and the D was toast.

3. I said Carrington would be a starter by the bye week, and maybe he was, but his play wasn't all that. He was mediocre.

4. I expexted more from MOats.

5. I said there would be more turnovers because of a better pass rush, but with #s 1 and 2, that went out the window early.

6. Finally, I said the first Jets game would be the Litmus Test, and it certainly was--only I thought it would work out for the Bills.

Overall, if the O stays somewhat healthy next year, the average ppg will be > this year's 23.3 PPG (I'm guessing 25-27). Next year, once again, hinges on the D. I am hopeful that Wanny will make improvements, and they will draft a pass rusher (or two). I would be shocked if they don't get the D's ppg down to 21-22. Combine these two outcomes with their weakest schedule in years, and guess what? The makings for a play off team baby in 2012!!!

Go Bills!