Get Matt Flynn

jkx2

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamarcus Russel could quarterback that team to a superbowl.

O please.

GB develops players which Includes Flynn. He could be the next Schaub. Please Buffalo at least try to get better. Dont letthis guy go somewhere else and have huge success like Brees

Edited by Thoner7

Imagine how good Fitz would play with this Packers team? Not saying Flynn is overrated but a decent supporting cast will make somebody look that much better.

Instead of Flynn, we should focus on Ted Thompson, the architect of the Packers. I mentioned this a few years ago here and got turned down saying he wasn't very good, look at him now.

Flynn just made himself some big money with an outstanding performance today....I can see QB needy teams making him a significant offer during the FA period. The Bills won't get in on the bidding as they are foolishly married to the mediocrity that is Fitz.

That's simply not true given the nature of the contract Fitz signed.

GO BILLS!!!

That's simply not true given the nature of the contract Fitz signed.

GO BILLS!!!

Yeah, Fitz's contract isn't really that bad and doesn't prevent the Bills from drafting or signing a free agent QB in 2012.

Now I know of the one game wonder syndrome (ie. See Rob Johnson and Scott Mitchell) but Flynn threw 6 TDs passes today more then Farve and Rogers ever have and Detroit needed the win for a better playoff spot. He"s looked great in every pre-season game he's played in and tore up both reagular ones. I say go get him in free agency and go D in the draft

He looked good last year too but we would have to give up too much to get him.

How many backup QBs turned starters on new teams have really panned out? I can't think of

very many. I guess you could name Matt Cassel (OK in KC). Matt Moore hasn't done too well

in Miami, Fitz is nothing special here, Kevin Kolb has been decent in Arizona.

You could maybe count Brett Favre (2nd round pick in Atl traded to GB), but he was very young

at the time of the trade.

How many backup QBs turned starters on new teams have really panned out? I can't think of

very many. I guess you could name Matt Cassel (OK in KC). Matt Moore hasn't done too well

in Miami, Fitz is nothing special here, Kevin Kolb has been decent in Arizona.

You could maybe count Brett Favre (2nd round pick in Atl traded to GB), but he was very young

at the time of the trade.

Hasselback, Schaub, could maybe count Kurt Warner

I agree. Get Flynn and Dennis Dixon in FA. Have an open competition during training camp. Everyone seems to forget that this team needs a backup QB as well, and that is most likely Fitz. Draft OLB, WR's and OL.

Hasselback, Schaub, could maybe count Kurt Warner

Can def count Kurt Warner. Took Arizona to the Super Bowl and almost beat the Steelers.

Yeah, Fitz's contract isn't really that bad and doesn't prevent the Bills from drafting or signing a free agent QB in 2012.

Exactly. If the FA beats out Fitz, Fitz can be a backup. People also forget the Bills are 30 mill below the cap. Sign Flynn, Dixon will be cheap (want's a chance to start) and the training camp loosers can be the backups. Having 2-3 good qb's is what every team needs.

Kevin Kolb, version.5.

Still an improvement over Fitz. Version whatever.

O please.

GB develops players which Includes Flynn. He could be the next Schaub. Please Buffalo at least try to get better. Dont letthis guy go somewhere else and have huge success like Brees

Exactly!!!!!!!

Imagine how good Fitz would play with this Packers team? Not saying Flynn is overrated but a decent supporting cast will make somebody look that much better.

Instead of Flynn, we should focus on Ted Thompson, the architect of the Packers. I mentioned this a few years ago here and got turned down saying he wasn't very good, look at him now.

Ted Thompson would be great. But if Fitz was on the Packers he would be sailing passes over all the WR's heads and underthrowing them. Fitz's problem is that he is not good enough physically to last an entire season. He'd be a great backup.

Edited by RyanC883

Now I know of the one game wonder syndrome (ie. See Rob Johnson and Scott Mitchell) but Flynn threw 6 TDs passes today more then Farve and Rogers ever have and Detroit needed the win for a better playoff spot. He"s looked great in every pre-season game he's played in and tore up both reagular ones. I say go get him in free agency and go D in the draft

I haven't seen today's game but how about instead of stats on a stacked team you share more about the strengths and weaknesses you've seen watching him.... Accuracy? Reads? Mobility? Decision making? Response to pressure? Arm strength?

6 tds or the lions continuing this nosedive don't really speak to why we should expect him to be able to step in as a centerpiece for an offense and turn a team around.

Edited by NoSaint

I have trouble feeling comfortable with that ever since Rob Johnson. Not like every back-up turned starting QB will be like him, it's just a little scary.

There is nothing scary about getting Flynn. The Bills are 30 mill under cap, if he stinks he's the backup and we still have Fitz. There is nothing to loose by getting Flynn, unless there is another QB available who you think is better than Flynn?!

All the holes we need to fill on this team and you want to add another qb? Fickle fans!! You're the same people who wanted Reich over Kelly (if you're old enough) or couldn't settle on Flutie, Johnson, Bledsoe, Losman or Edwards. Fitz looked good to very good until we HAD to throw

Flynn did great today against a good Lions D. He almost beat the Pats last season. The dude is prototype across the board. Is he a sure bet? No. But is he easier to get than a rookie and would I take him over an prospect except Luck? Yes. The guy isn't going to get a huge offer and I'd be okay throwing a 3 year, 5 mil per at him.

Yes, the Packers are world champions and he has a lot around him. However, watch him play. He has the arm, the accuracy, pretty much everything you'd want in the limited glimpses we've seen of him against top competition.

Fitz can't be given a free pass again next year and Flynn is a healthy gamble