The Official RGIII thread

rayray808

You're willing to take the gamble. I am not. I guess we'll see after a couple years.

Actually Bennett was traded for a 1st, 2-2nd's, and Greg Bell, who was a Pro Bowler as a rookie, but had 2 injury-marred seasons before being traded. If the Rams were to agree to that, I'd definitely consider it.

Bennett was traded for a 1st in '88 and our 1st and 2nd in '89 plus Bell.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bennett was traded for a 1st in '88 and our 1st and 2nd in '89 plus Bell.

GO BILLS!!!

Looks like I got some bad info. I might even consider that trade, but again, no way the Rams take it over a similar one from the Browns.

Edited by Doc

Looks like I got some bad info. I might even consider that trade, but again, no way the Rams take it over a similar one from the Browns.

Oh, I agree. My point was that if an unproven OLB was worth that 25 years ago, what's an unproven, Heismann Trophy winning, potential franchise QB worth in today's QB driven league? It'll be interesting since I believe there will be at least a couple teams in the bidding that will drive the price up.

GO BILLS!!!

Oh, I agree. My point was that if an unproven OLB was worth that 25 years ago, what's an unproven, Heismann Trophy winning, potential franchise QB worth in today's QB driven league? It'll be interesting since I believe there will be at least a couple teams in the bidding that will drive the price up.

GO BILLS!!!

A better gauge would be what the Giants gave up for Eli, which was a swap of 1sts (1st overall for 4th) and a 3rd rounder in that draft, plus a 1st and 5th in 2005. That's what the Rams would probably use as a starting point for the Browns, who have the 4th overall. But there will be a premium, since the contracts aren't as insane as they once were.

The speculation in the DC area is that the Skins are willing to trade their first three picks this year and the #1 pick next year to get the Rams pick in order to draft RG3. It would make sense for them to do it because they are $40 million under the cap and can get free agents this year to compensate for the loss of draft picks.

The speculation in the DC area is that the Skins are willing to trade their first three picks this year and the #1 pick next year to get the Rams pick in order to draft RG3. It would make sense for them to do it because they are $40 million under the cap and can get free agents this year to compensate for the loss of draft picks.

that does make sense...

I think we can't wish, WE HAVE TO GET RG3, as fans we have nothing to believe that the Bills future is going anywhere & we need something to believe in & I rather trade 2 number 1 picks & 2nd for RG3 than draft another bust WR or CB & there is always value at DE & LB in later rounds so you don't have to draft one in the first but you don't get a Superstar player every year

Look what Cam Newton did for Carolina sure the record was bad but he gave their fans hope in the future,he made them relevant again think about what could have been if we draft Cam Newton & now we got a second chance if we don't move up to the Rams pick to Draft RG3 we will be Drafting 4th or 5th next season for the next 5 years

Until he struggles midway through his rookie season and we have threads popping up here declaring him a bust.

:lol: .... awesome reply. Happens every year too.

I do believe he'll be better than Cam or Luck but it's all a crap shoot and the Bills have been shooting "crap"s for awhile now.

Melvin Ingram is the guy I hope we get on D.

Edited by hammie65

In a perfect world...

trade the farm for RG3.

sign Mario Williams.

franchise Stevie.

sign Dwayne Bowe.

with a healthy Freddy and CJ, and Dareus/Kyle/Mario attacking the ball, we are a legitimate playoff threat

we have the money and the draft picks to pull this off if we really wanted to do it... go out with a bang!

In a perfect world...

trade the farm for RG3.

sign Mario Williams.

franchise Stevie.

sign Dwayne Bowe.

with a healthy Freddy and CJ, and Dareus/Kyle/Mario attacking the ball, we are a legitimate playoff threat

we have the money and the draft picks to pull this off if we really wanted to do it... go out with a bang!

And when our guys inevitably get hurt our depth will still suck

What do you guys think about Jordan Jefferson?

He's mobile, but less of a player in the pocket than teams will like. If I had to guess, he's going late to Denver.

I think the name on that list to think about is Corp. Here are notes from Wes Bunting during Senior Bowl week: "When you watch his footwork from under center and when asked to re-set his feet and balance himself in the pocket, he looks like a NFL caliber QB. He throws a catchable football; looks natural on the move and his arm strength should continue to slightly improve as he adds more bulk/strength to his lean frame. Watching Richmond QB Aaron Corp today, the guy displays impressive balance from under center through his drop, he maintains good width through the base and has a little snap when transferring his weight. He doesn’t have a great arm, but spins a clean football, demonstrates a quick release and throws a really catchable football. Plus, he looks coordinated on the move and when asked to boot to his right, he generates a little more torque from the waist and can really snap some throws outside the numbers. Overall, if I had to walk away with one quarterback from this game, Corp would be my guy."

Edited by Astrobot

We can get rg3....just will be a huge sacrifice.....

Cleveland and the Skins can (and will certainly get the opportunity to) top any offer the Bills can throw at them. That's the only rub. The Rams are going to get a fortune for giving up this pick, and unless the Bills throw in a player to sweeten the deal, draft picks alone won't get it done.

It's not impossible of course, a lot of crazy things can happen between now and the time when the pick goes in -- but I highly doubt it will happen. I'll be surprised to learn the Bills would even consider making a play for him.

When those guys get hurt our depth will be the guys that would have been starting anyway!

Wouldn't want to get some high end starters, would we?

Im talking about the trade the farm for RG3. The kid is very talented and i think he will be a good player but the price is going to be wayyyy to high. Id love to Get williams and Bowe. I think that would be great. Fitz is good enough when he's healthy and the team has you know enough receivers and our back up RBs aren't playing receiver or Ruvell Martin for that matter

Im talking about the trade the farm for RG3. The kid is very talented and i think he will be a good player but the price is going to be wayyyy to high. Id love to Get williams and Bowe. I think that would be great. Fitz is good enough when he's healthy and the team has you know enough receivers and our back up RBs aren't playing receiver or Ruvell Martin for that matter

I question the last time you watched 16 games from a probowl/elite type qb - if he's that good he will make everyone better. Offense, defense, special teams

Edited by NoSaint