Bengals begging for fans to show up

PromoTheRobot

Sounds familiar.

I'm sure any one of us would gladly trade where the Bills are now with Cinci: on the cusp of the playoffs, with rookie sensations at QB and WR, plus an extra #1 pick next draft. Yet Bengal fans hate the Brown family so much they won't show up for games...even for a winning team!

If the Bills made a playoff run in 2012, I wonder if this would happen here? Probably would.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Sounds familiar.

I'm sure any one of us would gladly trade where the Bills are now with Cinci: on the cusp of the playoffs, with rookie sensations at QB and WR, plus an extra #1 pick next draft. Yet Bengal fans hate the Brown family so much they won't show up for games...even for a winning team!

If the Bills made a playoff run in 2012, I wonder if this would happen here? Probably would.

PTR

Certainly would not. If the Bills were in the playoffs the Ralph would definitely be rocking.

Funny that the Bengals are getting no support. They are just a couple of premier players away from dominating their division IMO. Watch them draft a CB with elite potential to replace Joseph.

If the denver game had any meaning Saturday...I would have drove 3 hours in snow to watch them. The front office wouldn't have to beg me in any fashion. I just couldn't see us fans doing that! Bills fans are a lot more fanatic about their team then bengals fans...honestly...I knew Saturday wouldn't have been a sell out...but being that empty was disheartning...but like I said if the bills were still alive and the last game was a home game and we needed to win....the ralph would be jam packed!

Regardless good luck to the bengals..they are on the uprise...I wouldn't wanna face them in the playoffs..teams with zero to lose are scary to play!

If this team were in the same position, Bllls fans would literally riot and have positive hope for the future

I don't get why you think it would happen here? I would have the exact opposite opinion. If the Bills went on a playoff run this fan base would support the team like nothing seen before.

If the denver game had any meaning Saturday...I would have drove 3 hours in snow to watch them. The front office wouldn't have to beg me in any fashion. I just couldn't see us fans doing that! Bills fans are a lot more fanatic about their team then bengals fans...honestly...I knew Saturday wouldn't have been a sell out...but being that empty was disheartning...but like I said if the bills were still alive and the last game was a home game and we needed to win....the ralph would be jam packed!

Regardless good luck to the bengals..they are on the uprise...I wouldn't wanna face them in the playoffs..teams with zero to lose are scary to play!

Two reasons I think it would happen to us:

1) Even at 5-2 most Bills fans did not buy tickets to the last 3 home games. Some of that was cold weather, some holiday conflicts, but a good amount of "Let's make sure it ain't 2008 again" which unfortunately turned out that way.

2) And because we've now had two seasons that flamed out people will be even more cynical even if the Bills are in a position to clinch a playoff berth. No one would want to be "suckered in" again.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Two reasons I think it would happen to us:

1) Even at 5-2 most Bills fans did not buy tickets to the last 3 home games. Some of that was cold weather, some holiday conflicts, but a good amount of "Let's make sure it ain't 2008 again" which unfortunately turned out that way.

2) And because we've now had two seasons that flamed out people will be even more cynical even if the Bills are in a position to clinch a playoff berth. No one would want to be "suckered in" again.

PTR

Chew on these facts:

The lowest Bengals crowd on the season was our early season game there - October 2nd. They had a little over 40K there. Meanwhile, we almost always sell out every game in Sept in Oct.

The last time the Bills were in one of these games meaningful last games was vs. Steelers on 1/2/05 - attendance was over 73K, which is actually 5K more than our capacity now.

Sounds familiar.

PTR

um No! If we were in the playoffs the last three games would have sold out and so would any playoff game.

Peoples wages have gone down, NFL salaries have gone up. Ticket prices are too high. The good folks of Cincinnati are feeling the economic squeeze on the working man. Rip out the seats and put in more luxury boxes for the millionaires.

That's exactly right!

As certain Politicos have said in the past; "It's the Economy, Stupid!"

The NFL and ALL other Major League sports have to realize that the average "fan" simply can't afford the games. Season Tickets are all but out of reach for most people. The seasons are too long. Corportate Sponsors are an option BUT all they do is pass the costs back to their customers, who also happen to be "fans." If Reggie Jackson was still playing Baseball he would be Mr. Thanksgiving instead of Mr. October. The Superbowl should be in January, and the NHL & NBA should be done by the end of April, if not sooner.

Sounds familiar.

PTR

No it wouldn't. See the N.E. game in September. Fans will show up when motivated. Bills stunk in November, lost a chance at the playoffs.

Games shouldn't be sold out in December. It's been too many years of no playoffs. But a few years ago they sold more season tickets

than they had in twenty years. If Bills had playoffs on the line the Ralph would be sold out even if it was a snow storm folks had to sit in.

Sounds familiar.

PTR

Bills fans flock to Ralph even when the team is horrible. It would be a mass riot of double or triple stadium capacity if they were about to make the playoffs.

No it wouldn't. See the N.E. game in September. Fans will show up when motivated. Bills stunk in November, lost a chance at the playoffs.

Games shouldn't be sold out in December. It's been too many years of no playoffs. But a few years ago they sold more season tickets

than they had in twenty years. If Bills had playoffs on the line the Ralph would be sold out even if it was a snow storm folks had to sit in.

^^

This

Chew on these facts:

The lowest Bengals crowd on the season was our early season game there - October 2nd. They had a little over 40K there. Meanwhile, we almost always sell out every game in Sept in Oct.

The last time the Bills were in one of these games meaningful last games was vs. Steelers on 1/2/05 - attendance was over 73K, which is actually 5K more than our capacity now.

Today and maybe its out of date. ESPN said there are 41,000 tickets remaining for the bungles game.

The Bills failing to sell out a playoff game? Impossible!!

The Bills didn't sell out in december in the stupor bowl years. thinking being, hey their in I'm not freezing my butt of when the playoffs are coming and the stakes ramp up just a tad.

Now with 80 inch hi def tv's out there it's hard to argue the fact that surrounded by the right group of friends, etc. watching the NFL isn't all that bad on TV. That said there was nothing more exciting than watching the Bills at the Ralph in a playoff situation, and for a few years in the previous century,going through the gate and even knowing the outcome before kickoff. Those were the days.

One additional note about this game. The NFL has changed the start time to 4:15. So here in the Buffalo area it could be a nice triple header w/ BUF-NE at 1, BAL-CIN at 4:15(and hopefully some coverage of the AFC West games) and the DAL-NYG at 8:30. Stock the 'frig :)

Peoples wages have gone down, NFL salaries have gone up. Ticket prices are too high. The good folks of Cincinnati are feeling the economic squeeze on the working man. Rip out the seats and put in more luxury boxes for the millionaires.

to piggy on the above reply to this post. The NFL is killing the golden goose with ticket prices so high that people can't attend, and blacking out the games if they don't. The lack of logic from the NFL's offices in the past decade in particular with regards to fan experience is just baffling. If games were easily accessible to watch at reasonable prices, then there would be a less hostile attitude towards the NFL and consequently a far dimished market of people trying to find pirated feeds online. The Sunday Ticket idea is great, except for the cost and exclusivity to one carrier. Furthermore, if you are paying for the Sunday Ticket, you should be exempt from the blackout rule as the NFL still makes money for a service it is denying. As I have stated time and time again on the board, the blackout rule should be scrapped and should be illegal due to the gross amount of money the NFL makes off each game regardless of the game airing.