Stevie Johnson's Facebook entry

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At some point the Bills have gotta stop making holes in the roster where none need exist. Sign this guy to a contract in the 10-15 WR range and get it done ASAP.

I agree that we have to stop making holes. But I'm torn on the SJ re signing. At some point you have to balance what he brings positive against how he hurts the team on a semi regular basis. He's out and out cost us 2 games. He also makes drive killing drops. He's gotten flagged for excessive celebration 3 times. he celebrates first down catches in the last 2 minutes while the clock ticks away. Can we be sure this stuff is over? So, I'm not sure.

Edited by reddogblitz

LMAO whatever. I have never heard a real Pro stud come out and say that stupid ****. It just further shows the pure immaturity of this kid. So he is a #2 Talent that wants #1 Money and now goes out and makes all these excuses as to why he doesn't perform?

Pass on signing him. I say transition his butt and if someone wants him, let them have him.

I agree that we have to stop making holes.  But I'm torn on the SJ re signing. At some point you have to balance what he brings positive against how he hurts the team on a semi regular basis.  He's out and out cost us 2 games.  He also makes drive killing drops.  He's gotten flagged for excessive celebration 3 times.  Can we be sure this stuff is over?  he celebrates first down catches in the last 2 minutes while the clock ticks away.  So, I'm not sure.

Bottomline is you do not build a winning team, with depth, by continually cutting your best players and keeping the backups.

We did it with Poz.. let him walk and kept his back ups. How much better would we have been if they had paid Poz and signed Barnett, and let Davis or dang near any of the others walk. Same with Evans. Evans, Johnson, Nelson is a much better WR core than Johnson, Nelson, take your pick. And we could go to several other positions. Just face it, sooner or later we have to start keeping our better players, and yes.... gasp... paying them more money. Not ever player has to be the best player on then team. But I'd rather have an immature Stevie J. than a nice mature great guy like Donald Jones any day of the week.

Bottomline is you do not build a winning team, with depth, by continually cutting your best players and keeping the backups.

We did it with Poz.. let him walk and kept his back ups. How much better would we have been if they had paid Poz and signed Barnett, and let Davis or dang near any of the others walk. Same with Evans. Evans, Johnson, Nelson is a much better WR core than Johnson, Nelson, take your pick. And we could go to several other positions. Just face it, sooner or later we have to start keeping our better players, and yes.... gasp... paying them more money. Not ever player has to be the best player on then team. But I'd rather have an immature Stevie J. than a nice mature great guy like Donald Jones any day of the week.

I see your side of the argument. But then again, Coach Gailey has said he's wants to end the culture of losing. So a guy that manages on his own to lose one game a year for the team is only prolonging the culture of losing. When will he drop the next game winner? Next year when we really need a win to get in the playoffs?

I don't care about the money. It's not my money. If it weren't for the game winning drops, penalties, celebrating as time ticks off the clock, other assorted drops, arguing with the ref instead of tackling the guy who intercepted the pass, I'd be with ya. Do the positives out weigh the negatives?

If we do sign him, then we need to make sure we get at least one other top notch receiver.

I see your side of the argument.  But then again, Coach Gailey has said he's wants to end the culture of losing.  So a guy that manages on his own to lose one game a year for the team is only prolonging the culture of losing.  When will he drop the next game winner?  Next year when we really need a win to get in the playoffs?

I don't care about the money.  It's not my money.  If it weren't for the game winning drops, penalties, celebrating as time ticks off the clock, other assorted drops, arguing with the ref instead of tackling the guy who intercepted the pass, I'd be with ya.  Do the positives out weigh the negatives?

<b>If we do sign him, then we need to make sure we get at least one other top notch receiver.</b>

I completely agree with that. We need another big time receiver bad. In particular, someone who can adjust on the fly and make circus-type catches on all Fitz's inaccurate passes. Not only does that make the team better, but it also means the burden isn't entirely on the shoulders of a young guy like Stevie to always produce the game winning play.

Here is what many Bills fans including you don't get, 90+% of our players are backups. We keep putting backup talent on the field and trying to pass them off as starters. The players many of you want to overpay are *Gasp* not anywhere near worth the contracts they get from the Bills

as long as he comes cheap, otherwise, f'em. Hes not fast, only has ok size, but questionable hands and hes immature. Id be happy to keep him though, hes still good, just not great. I remember a guy who had great hands,awesome speed, and never did or said one wrong thing. Also caught about 5 tiems as many td's as johnson has in his career and we just gave him away. Do i need to say his name?

If you havent noticed yet,stevies a great number 2.

If you haven't noticed yet, Revis is still looking for his jock. Unless a Megatron is availanle, Steve is a number 1.

Talking about maturity - Does anyone remember how mature Kelly was year one and two? How about Bruce? How about Thurman?

The guy you are talking about is old. This team is building. Before all the injuries, the collection of receivers the Bills had was doing pretty well.

LMAO whatever. I have never heard a real Pro stud come out and say that stupid ****. It just further shows the pure immaturity of this kid. So he is a #2 Talent that wants #1 Money and now goes out and makes all these excuses as to why he doesn't perform?

Pass on signing him. I say transition his butt and if someone wants him, let them have him.

Obviously you don't have twitter! ...btw: Big Ben, Brett Farve, jay cutler, all did it last year.....deshawn jackson did it this year, when LT was in his last years with the chargers he did it....

And we need to pick our poison we can't say that Fitz is playing terrible, and then call Stevie a #2 type wr when he has consistently been over and under thrown..... he drop 1 pass....but what about the other 68 he made....what Sunday being overthrown twice and under thrown once .....

I see your side of the argument. But then again, Coach Gailey has said he's wants to end the culture of losing. So a guy that manages on his own to lose one game a year for the team is only prolonging the culture of losing. When will he drop the next game winner? Next year when we really need a win to get in the playoffs?

I don't care about the money. It's not my money. If it weren't for the game winning drops, penalties, celebrating as time ticks off the clock, other assorted drops, arguing with the ref instead of tackling the guy who intercepted the pass, I'd be with ya. Do the positives out weigh the negatives?

If we do sign him, then we need to make sure we get at least one other top notch receiver.

Gailey may want to end the culture of losing, but the fact of the matter is that he has the worst winning percentage of Bills head coaches since Hank Bullough. Stevie can play.

Stevie played with donald jones, roosevelt,Spiller and now brad smith (none previously mentioned scares a secondary)...... he has been facing double teams and schemes all year....(has been playing hurt) ..... still in the top 10 with receptions in the NFL....

If we don't sign him, look for Jets or Patriots to do it. Not good!!! Buddy, get ur done!

Edited by TAinLA

Except for one play this year I really like Stevie's effort.

He's had some drops granted, and the play this week on the INT wasn't his best moment.

But I consider him a gamer and I appreciate the way he's fought through injuries.

When they iso him running patterns, you can see where he's constantly working the DB.

I would agree with this. I don't recall seeing him give up on any other balls.