Stevie Johnson's Facebook entry

JÂy RÛßeÒ

been playing all season with a bad knee, torn groin, seperated shoulder, broken finger and torn ligments in my hand...and some of you saying i dont put it all out there. SMH. I tried to go back in the game 4 times, begged coach to put me in even tho my groin was killin. Coach wouldnt put me back in the game. no matter how hard i begged it wasnt happening. I die for the Bills, every sunday. Would have died to go back in the game when i was tryin to. But coach said no. what Chan says goes.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, appreciate the effort that Stevie has given all season. You can tell he's been nursing injuries from pretty much the beginning of the season.

Despite all that, plus having no supporting cast at WR, he should have another 1,000 yard campaign (872 right now, plus 6 TD). Focus on the mistakes if you like. He's had an admirable season overall.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine

We now have an offensive line that can play. We have a very good running game, good pass blocking, but no tight end and one very good receiver in Johnson. If we draft depth for the line, maybe a center in rd 3 cuz Wood doesn't last, get a legit tight end inrd 2 and a QB in rd 1 we could have a solid offense for years. Just need a vet WR to go with Stevie. Maybe bring back Lee he has been a fantastic decoy for the Ravens. As for defense we'd have to wait till next year.

as long as he comes cheap, otherwise, f'em. Hes not fast, only has ok size, but questionable hands and hes immature. Id be happy to keep him though, hes still good, just not great. I remember a guy who had great hands,awesome speed, and never did or said one wrong thing. Also caught about 5 tiems as many td's as johnson has in his career and we just gave him away. Do i need to say his name?

If you havent noticed yet,stevies a great number 2.

Except for one play this year I really like Stevie's effort.

He's had some drops granted, and the play this week on the INT wasn't his best moment.

But I consider him a gamer and I appreciate the way he's fought through injuries.

When they iso him running patterns, you can see where he's constantly working the DB.

So if all these injuries are true, how come the team never disclosed any details of these injuries? It makes you wonder if maybe, Fitzy was in fact playing hurt since the Redskins game after he took that shot, and it was never disclosed by the team. Strange.

Not strange at all. It is pretty common practice in the NFL (all sports) for player injuries to be kept shrouded in mystery, unless the guy is so injured he is not going to play. If you have a bum shoulder, but are going to play with it, you don't want to give your opponent any incentive to take advantage of your injury. I have no doubt, Fitz, Stevie, etc are all banged up, as most NFL players woud be, this time of the season.

So if all these injuries are true, how come the team never disclosed any details of these injuries? It makes you wonder if maybe, Fitzy was in fact playing hurt since the Redskins game after he took that shot, and it was never disclosed by the team. Strange.

It's not strange at all to try to obscure injuries.

NFL teams are notorious for underreporting injuries.

Probably the biggest motivator in not reporting an injury is to not let your opponent know your areas of vulnerability.

as long as he comes cheap, otherwise, f'em. Hes not fast, only has ok size, but questionable hands and hes immature. Id be happy to keep him though, hes still good, just not great. I remember a guy who had great hands,awesome speed, and never did or said one wrong thing. Also caught about 5 tiems as many td's as johnson has in his career and we just gave him away. Do i need to say his name?

If you havent noticed yet,stevies a great number 2.

Steve Johnson may not be NFL elite, but he is, for all intents an purposes, the Bills best reciever. This team just can't keep letting guys walk when it comes time for them to get a raise...it just creates, yet another, hole for them to fill. Unless the Bills are going to make a run at somebody in free agency that they deem better than Johnson, they damn well better re-sign him. Of course, I have serious doubts that they will. Johnson says that he begged to get back in the game, but Chan wouldn't allow it. Anyone think that may be telegraphing that they want to find SJ's replacement, amongst the bodies already on the roster? When the Bills were 5-2, they were being praised, and patting themselves on the back for all their "no names"...somehting stinks here, to me.

Sounds like a bunch of excuces to me.

Hate to say it, but, as a big Sabres fan as well, I think both of the Buffalo pro franchises are mired in the excuse game. I am getting so sick of hearing it...Ryan Miller, after a completely dreadful performance on Saturday night says "Givnig up an early goal, after starting back to back games, is just not acceptable...I have to get better" So, he is saying it is his fault, but, at the same time, wants to remind everyone that he did start back to back games... this has been a Sabres thing (excuses) for a while, but I am hearing it more from the Bills as well...

been playing all season with a bad knee, torn groin, seperated shoulder, broken finger and torn ligments in my hand.

Holy crap - is he injury prone or what?!?

I actually do like him, and think we have to pay him. He's really been loyal to the city and the team, and as others have said he's good (not great) but the best we have right now.