Wade taking leave from Texans

Beerball

Per Rotoworld:

"Linebackers coach Reggie Herring, Phillips' "right-hand man" in Dallas, will be the interim coordinator."

Perhaps Phillips' "right-hand man" is exactly who we should be targeting as our next DC...

I hope we get a chance to hire Mike Nolan. He is a great 3-4 DC...

Wishing Wade all the best. He got the short end of the stick here in Buffalo. Hope this is not serious or life threatening.

If Chan refuses to fire George Edwards.......then Edwards moves on to be nothing more than a LB coach at a D3 college or something......would you say it was wrong to fire Chan?

That's what happened to Wade. He refused to fire one "Pump it up" Ronnie Jones. He fired DeHaven to hire that guy who was perhaps the worst special teams coach in the history of pro football (in all fairness he had never coached them at any level and who would have thought someone with that sweet of a mullet couldn't coach special teams, right?)

I notice the Pumpster never showed up on any of Wade's other staffs. I wonder why not? He had a lot of experience in the NFL. I also notice that Wade started wearing a headset too.

I wish Wade the best he is by all accounts a nice guy and was and is a great DC and Ralph didn't do himself any favors by bickering over paying his salary, But the truth is Wade is not a good enough head coach to thumb his nose up at a job the way he did here. He learned that and it bought him an extra season and a half more than he deserved in Dallas......before his inattention to detail inevitably ran his talented team into the ground.

Edited by Dick Drawn

• 2 weeks later...