The worst game in Bills history

tennesseeboy

I have been a bills fan since the day they came to buffalo. It occurred to me this morning that we might lose to the last place in the division qb'd by JP Losman. I can't think of anything worse that has ever happened including our two win season. Can anyone think of a game that would be as humiliating as that in all of bills history?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a bills fan since the day they came to buffalo. It occurred to me this morning that we might lose to the last place in the division qb'd by JP Losman. I can't think of anything worse that has ever happened including our two win season. Can anyone think of a game that would be as humiliating as that in all of bills history?

You must be kidding. Did you watch the Bills-Redskins SB? Notice it is never mentioned here.

I think it was in 1971 that the Bills played the then Baltimore Colts. They were so thoroughly outmatched that they had negative total yards at the half. They finished with less than 100 total yards in like a 43-0 loss.

I'd still though have to go with Super Bowl 27 as the most embarrassing because it was a Super Bowl.

The worst game in Bills history that I ever watched was the 3-0 loss to the Browns a couple years back.

The most painful were 1) wide right and 2) music city miracle.

As far as most embarassing, nothing could possibly touch super bowl XXVII.

Cleveland Bills game a few years ago when the network had to apologize for showing the game in some markets

I think it was in 1971 that the Bills played the then Baltimore Colts. They were so thoroughly outmatched that they had negative total yards at the half. They finished with less than 100 total yards in like a 43-0 loss.

I'd still though have to go with Super Bowl 27 as the most embarrassing because it was a Super Bowl.

Yeesh. That was an ugly game. I vaguely remembered while reading your post so I had to google the results of that game. It's worse than I remember. OJ had 7 attempts, -10 yards. He was the Spiller of his day.

This team is a powerhouse compared to some of those teams from the late 60s and early 70s. Fugly is too nice a word to describe those teams.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I'm old enough to have been at that Colts game in 1971. It was at the Rockpile, making it even less enjoyable. My fear is that this year's season finale at New England will be really ugly. Nothing like ending a bad season with a "run for the bus" road game (45-6 loss at San Diego in 1969, 45-7 loss at Miami in 1970, 58-20 loss at Baltimore in 1976....not to mention the 31-0 loss at New England in 2003). If the game is important to the Pats, we may have a new contender.

wait until we play the pats again. based on our pass rush, brady will be 46 of 47, throw for 1100 yards and have a qb rating of 1.2 million. to boot, i missed 90% of the first game when we actually beat them this year, so that alone would lead to a loss.

(oops, just saw your note, tomdayfan. great minds think alike.)

Edited by timmo1805

There's plenty of worse games, with most mentioned already. Some of the super bowls were the worst because what was at stake.

But, the thought of Loserman being a fish, beating us is almost beyond comprehension.

It couldn't really happen could it? Being around the Bills since the beginning,when these games

were huge, and meant a lot no matter what our record.Losing Sunday would certainly be one of the worst

losses of the rivalry.However diluted it now is.

I'm old enough to have been at that Colts game in 1971. It was at the Rockpile, making it even less enjoyable. My fear is that this year's season finale at New England will be really ugly. Nothing like ending a bad season with a "run for the bus" road game (45-6 loss at San Diego in 1969, 45-7 loss at Miami in 1970, 58-20 loss at Baltimore in 1976....not to mention the 31-0 loss at New England in 2003). If the game is important to the Pats, we may have a new contender.

I was at that game. But the most embarassing has to be losing to the expansion seahawks in their first year 56 to 17.

Our coach, Jim Ringo, quit at halftime, and the players had to convince him to come out for the 2nd half.

At least it won't be on TV. Speaking of that, anyone hear how many tickets are left?

Edited by CodeMonkey

That was the worst football game I ever watched. The worst Bills loss was v Dallas in the SB- 9 turnovers.

It was awful and Derek Anderson was celebrating with the toe-sucker's twin brother. Celebrating. Unwatchable. Then they benched Roscoe for at least trying to get us out of the 5 yard line for the tenth time. I'm whincing at how bad that was...Byrd's first pick though....Go Bills.

I don't look so much at the score but rather how a team loses and when and how it affects a team.

The worst loss for the Bills I would say was the SB loss to the Giants. Losing a Superbowl by a FG with time running out or missing a manageable FG with time running out are the worst losses you can have.

The Bills at that time were close to a dream team but this loss set the stage for the other three Superbowl losses. I am absolutely positive if they would have beaten the Giants they also would have taken the other 3 Superbowls. It could have been a dynasty.