A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) Is anybody looking for good news? Look no further than Marcel Dareus. Today, he was the lone good player on the front 7, and he was a monster. He is a potential star people.

2) OK, now for some bad news: Kelsay is bad beyond description. He is a bad DE and a bad OLB. Imo he is barely a second string player.

3) I want to talk about Hairston. Yes, he had a rough outing but I actually saw him make some plays. I was watching closely. The kid could be a good, perhaps VERY good RT. I like him a lot, but he is NOT an option at LT. Backup LT? Absolutely. That's about it. Long story short? We need an offensive left tackle folks, and there in no getting around this fact. Bell is a small, brittle 7th round pick. Yes, we need an offensive left tackle.

4) Time for Moorman to part ways with the Buffalo Bills. Seriously. He is a horror show at this point, and btw, I hope he is in good health. He looks like he lost 30 or more pounds and lives in Biafra. Yes folks, he is totally shot, like it or not.

5) OK, it's time to talk about Spiller. He doesn't hit holes fast enough. If he did, if he could get through lanes, it would more than likely atone for the fact that he goes down upon any contact.

6) I am not defending Fitz. To be clear, he was God awful. But, it looked to me as if he was hurt. Did anyone else think this?

7) Same old story, and I know it's been told

Some like jelly jelly, some like gold

Many a man's done a terrible thing

Just to get baby,

A shiny diamond ring.

8) No flag for pass interference just before the 1st half? Is that what happened? It is time to question the integrity of the NFL. Sorry, but it is. There is only one reason to overturn a call so obvious. Yes, I am making a direct allegation of corruption. Btw, there was an equally flagrant non-call at the end of the Vikes/Lions game. Economic times are tough, and I am directly accusing the league of corruption.

9) OK, more good news: Stevie Johnson made 2 spectacular catches today. I am talking about really great plays. We HAVE to keep him.

10) I have seen scads of bad Bufflo Bills football teams. This year, cameras are showing opponents laughing on the sidelines, and yes it does hurt.

11) Hang tough people. Maybe we will draft a QB. Or Courtney Upshaw. Or Donta Hightower. In any event, count me as one who thinks that we will improve next season.

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Moorman is on pace to shatter his career average yards/punt record. He shouldn't go anywhere. Like when people bash Fitz, this team has plenty of actual problems...punter isn't one.

This team will get better, if only because injuries are destroying them this season.

8) regarding this, i have very rarely seen them throw a flag and ultimately pick it up after a downfield PI call like that. It would not have changed the outcome IMO, but wow, what was that?? It's one thing to not make a call..but to throw the flag and reverse it? Man that's a tough break for a woeful Buffalo offense. The Vikes game was a missed facemask i believe...which is bad...but it is not a flat out ridiculous reversal of a flagged play.

I like your posts Bill. Glad you watched it. Plus 1 just for that.

Dareus needs help. Lots of it. Spencer Johnson is worse than Kelsey but he is out of position.

I hope Stevie gets paid but will it be Buffalo that pays him.

I love the Bills but we are the worst run franchise in the league.

I certainly hope Moorman is healthy, but gosh, after over 10 years of missing the playoffs I think we could do worse than resolving to never punt again.

Nobody executes the "voluntary turnover" better than the Bills. Evidently we can't even say that anymore.

Are you saying the NFL told the refs to pick up that flag? Why?--for "economic" reasons?

Expound.

I am saying that someone powerful wanted the Chargers to cover the point spread. Yes, I think that someone had a lot riding on this game and the fix was in. This is NOT to say that we could have won. No way, because we completely suck. But, I am starting to seriously doubt the integrity of the NFL. :(

1) Is anybody looking for good news? Look no further than Marcel Dareus. Today, he was the lone good player on the front 7, and he was a monster. He is a potential star people.

2) OK, now for some bad news: Kelsay is bad beyond description. He is a bad DE and a bad OLB. Imo he is barely a second string player.

3) I want to talk about Hairston. Yes, he had a rough outing but I actually saw him make some plays. I was watching closely. The kid could be a good, perhaps VERY good RT. I like him a lot, but he is NOT an option at LT. Backup LT? Absolutely. That's about it. Long story short? We need an offensive left tackle folks, and there in no getting around this fact. Bell is a small, brittle 7th round pick. Yes, we need an offensive left tackle.

4) Time for Moorman to part ways with the Buffalo Bills. Seriously. He is a horror show at this point, and btw, I hope he is in good health. He looks like he lost 30 or more pounds and lives in Biafra. Yes folks, he is totally shot, like it or not.

5) OK, it's time to talk about Spiller. He doesn't hit holes fast enough. If he did, if he could get through lanes, it would more than likely atone for the fact that he goes down upon any contact.

6) I am not defending Fitz. To be clear, he was God awful. But, it looked to me as if he was hurt. Did anyone else think this?

7) Same old story, and I know it's been told

Some like jelly jelly, some like gold

Many a man's done a terrible thing

Just to get baby,

A shiny diamond ring.

8) No flag for pass interference just before the 1st half? Is that what happened? It is time to question the integrity of the NFL. Sorry, but it is. There is only one reason to overturn a call so obvious. Yes, I am making a direct allegation of corruption. Btw, there was an equally flagrant non-call at the end of the Vikes/Lions game. Economic times are tough, and I am directly accusing the league of corruption.

9) OK, more good news: Stevie Johnson made 2 spectacular catches today. I am talking about really great plays. We HAVE to keep him.

10) I have seen scads of bad Bufflo Bills football teams. This year, cameras are showing opponents laughing on the sidelines, and yes it does hurt.

11) Hang tough people. Maybe we will draft a QB. Or Courtney Upshaw. Or Donta Hightower. In any event, count me as one who thinks that we will improve next season.

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too think Fitz is injured. I don't think he has looked right ever since he got hit in the ribs against the Eagles(?).

And wait a minute,.. so,.. you're saying the NFL is fixed?!?!

I am saying that someone powerful wanted the Chargers to cover the point spread. Yes, I think that someone had a lot riding on this game and the fix was in. This is NOT to say that we could have won. No way, because we completely suck. But, I am starting to seriously doubt the integrity of the NFL. :(

Who in the NFL would be ordering this to happen? Goodell? Someone who works for him? With his blessing? without it? Who's money was put down?

Who in the NFL would be ordering this to happen? Goodell? Someone who works for him? With his blessing? without it? Who's money was put down?

And why those games?!?

Every game has calls on both sides. If you convince yourself the Refs have an agenda you will always find it.

Who is this powerful man betting against buffalo every week?

I agree more and more we need to keep SJ. Now tell me why a player with a bright future would want to stay with the Bills and ruin a career that could have been more. Sj need look no farther than Lee Evans and see what staying here did for him

I agree more and more we need to keep SJ. Now tell me why a player with a bright future would want to stay with the Bills and ruin a career that could have been more. Sj need look no farther than Lee Evans and see what staying here did for him

made him a multi-millionaire and allowed him to play in a great stadium with fans who loved him for years? Sounds terrible.

8) regarding this, i have very rarely seen them throw a flag and ultimately pick it up after a downfield PI call like that. It would not have changed the outcome IMO, but wow, what was that?? It's one thing to not make a call..but to throw the flag and reverse it? Man that's a tough break for a woeful Buffalo offense. The Vikes game was a missed facemask i believe...which is bad...but it is not a flat out ridiculous reversal of a flagged play.

I saw a couple blatant bad calls/non-calls in the Jets-KC game, too. Again, it wouldn't have affected the outcome, but I'm on the corruption bandwagon, too. Whether it's Vegas or the league controlling things, these calls are not just "bad calls".

I think the bad ref calls are pretty random. It seems like when the refs think that they might have gotten one wrong they make up for it later. Holding happens on every play, and it is easy for the refs to use a few well timed holding calls to steer the game any way they want. And the Bills were beneficiaries of a few holding calls.

Fitz was pretty gutsy running the ball, so I am not sure if he is hurt anymore. After the hit by Fletcher in the Redskins game he was obviously hurt for the next two or three games, but last week he looked good, and this week he ran the ball, threw long passes, and seemed pretty lively in general. In fact, he ran it when he should have passed on fourth down.

I feel like Fitz has regressed. On one play he had a lot of time (which seemed weird) and then he overthrew his checkdown to the tight end. That looked pretty foolish.

made him a multi-millionaire and allowed him to play in a great stadium with fans who loved him for years? Sounds terrible.

Kept him from being a superstar and made him put up with angry bitter fans, would be the flipside possibly. I can see both sides on this one.

I saw a couple blatant bad calls/non-calls in the Jets-KC game, too. Again, it wouldn't have affected the outcome, but I'm on the corruption bandwagon, too. Whether it's Vegas or the league controlling things, these calls are not just "bad calls".

Every week in every season guys make this same wild claim, yet when pressed to explain how on Earth such a scheme could work, they offer nothing---other than "I don't who is doing it or how it works, but it must be true".

I can be persuaded fellas--give it better try than that.