• Robert Griffin III
    • Matt Barkley
    • Justin Blackmon
    • Michael Floyd
    • Landry Jones
    • Zach Brown
    • Donta Hightower
    • None of the above

To the OP, I had to go to Walterfootball to find the position of most of your players. Next time, please help us out.

I chose Dont'a Hightower (which, unfortunately, we will probably be told is pronounced "don-tay" even though its not, like cb Dunta Robinson) because he's the best linebacker likely to be available. To be a REAL team, we need defense and toughness. WalterFootball has him going to the Ravens, as Ozzie Newsome's heir to Ray Lewis. I can live with that. And he plays the 3-4 at Alabama.

I believe we need rush linebackers more than anything, but at ILB, Donta seems like the BPA at a position of great great need.

Winning 10-9 counts just as much as 39-35, so please give me defense.

Edited by maddenboy

I think shanny takes rg3

You're not kidding. I live in D.C. All the talk here is RG3. If we don't pick ahead of the Skins, we won't be getting him - simple as that.

Check out the 80 pages devoted to RG3, only since mid-November, on the Skins site:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?358289-Godawful-for-Griffin-(III)

Edited by Juror#8

Colts = 0 16 Luck

Philly - will be 5-6 wins already has Vick

Redskins - will be 5-6 wins - NEED

Chargers - 6-7 wins Already set

J-Ville - Gabbert

Panthers - Already Set

Minny 2-3 wins - Drafted QB last year

Dolphins - Gotta

Tampa Bay - maybe 5 wins - I know they like Freeman...

Arizona 5 wins now...NEED! They might get one more one - BEat Cleveland - 6 wins?

Bills - NEED - 5 wins?

Cleveland - Colt Mccoy? - They got Pittx2 Balt and Arizona - they are going to be 4-12

KC - NEED - they got 1 more wind

Draft Order

Colts - LUCK

St Louis - Bradford

Minny - PONDER

J Ville - Gabbert

Cleve - Mccoy

BUFF? - QB????

We could draft 6 - Gotta think that people will be trading up to top five to get a QB - RG3!!

No Courtney Upshaw option???

This. He is higher rated than Hightower, should be available when we pick ( prob top 12 ), and fits a huge need (olb). would love for them to find a way to get Hightower in the second/late first but that would prob involve a trade up which buddy won't do.

One of our biggest holes in the D is at the DC position. If we don't replace that, then plugging new players will have minimal impact. We've drafted D heavy the last 2 years and our defense has only gotten worse each year. Why bother?

If you haven't noticed, we have a converted DE (Kelsay) and a converted DT (Johnson) playing the the two OLB spots - the most important position in a 3-4 defense - including the primary source of the 3-4 pass rush, of which we have absolutely none.

The Bills MUST upgrade the OLB positions.

Having said that, they could use a better WR#1 too.

I'll take WR, OLB, OLB in any order if it's the first 3 picks - and also depending on FA, of course.

I could imagine Nix (with Merriman's help) reeling in Vincent Jackson this off-season.

We have two great defensive tackles in kyle williams and darius. Troupe, and Heard, We have adequate defensive ends in Kelsay, Carrington, Johnson and Dotson. We need to go 4-3 and pick up a rush linebacker to go along with Barnet and Sheppard. The rest of our linebackers are either average aging veterans or young guys who have had their chance but not made any impact. Batten, Coleman, Davis, Moats, and Morrison are depth players if anything.

Zack is our man in the first round. The it is OLB again, QB or TE.

it doent matter who we pick we will end up coaching them down to be another bills bust

Pretty sure this cynicism is born out of yet another frustrating season-and most here agree overall, even if we're trying to find silver linings.

Along these lines, however, I vote none of the above, given our notorious 1st Rd selections this century. Find a team with a Seymore, Peppers, etc who's willing and trade the pick for a proven Pro Bowl player in one of our many areas of weakness.

No disputing our history of screwin' up our 1st rounders, so no realistic expectations this will change anytime soon.

I like the way RG3 spins that ball and I'm not alone on this, he has one of the best spirals I have ever seen. It seems almost that the ball never wobbles regardless of the type of throw he makes. Very accurate passer and makes very few mistakes we have to consider this along with the supporting cast he works with. Blackmon reminds me a little of Dez Bryant without all the off the field mental baggage. Luck is a no brainer a skilled player who was reading defenses at 10 years old. I would trade up make " an offer you can not refuse" sorry Godfather to get either one of these quarterbacks especially in light of our prior 1st round track record. Lets face it boys and girls we've have had some real boners when it comes to first round picks. Another one won't hurt we should be all immune to this stuff by now. Before the Fitzpatrick fans jump on me. I like Fitz a lot. But... God forbid if we are in a position to make a run next year and the guy breaks an arm. We are back to square one. Do we piece meal that position together to make a run for the play offs "playoffs what playoffs" with an old vet or do we have some one our roster who may be our quarterback of the future to fill tis role and learn from it. A Competition at quarterback or any position is a good thing. Pull the trigger get the quarterback of the future in the first round and draft mostly defense. Find a free agent wide out and an "O" lineman and lets move forward. Or should we use that old quote from the Chicago Cubs following "wait until next year" to make these moves?

Why not try a different approach with our predictable high draft position and trade the pick for additional picks? Trading down for a lower first round pick and possibly adding an additional second round pick will help stock a very shallow roster. Why not then do the same trade down approach with our second round pick and possibly get another third round pick? If the Bills would have taken that approach with the Spiller spot and maybe used that strategy with our second round pick last year, Williams----who I like a lot, this thin roster would be bolstered.

It seems that Buddy Nix is adamanatly opposed to the trade down strategy. This one pick mentality is not going to add enough talent, especially when this backwater organization has an aversion to using the free agent market in a meaningful way.

Whatever one's draft strategy is it doesn't matter if the picks are not sound. As much as there are those who believe that Spiller was a bad pick (I'm not in that category) the questionable picks in that draft were Troup and Carrington. In my view Troup was over-drafted where most analysts had him projected. So far Carrington has not impressed me at all. He is a no impact and invisible player on the field.

While Maybin was a major bust on a Bills lackluster defense he has been a very impactful situational player on a stellar defense. Having a fully staffed roster makes every player better compared to a player performing at a lower level with a poor surrounding cast.