Concerned About Fitz' ability to win games on last possession

Two weeks in a row that Fitz didn't it done on the last possession. If this is our guy then I am deeply concerned. We had 1:00 left and there were many passes off target. The only ones he completed were passes over the middle that the prevent defense allowed. This is a huge problem with this team in my opinion. It does not seem that Fitz has a strong enough arm to go down the field.

Two weeks in a row that Fitz didn't it done on the last possession. If this is our guy then I am deeply concerned. We had 1:00 left and there were many passes off target. The only ones he completed were passes over the middle that the prevent defense allowed. This is a huge problem with this team in my opinion. It does not seem that Fitz has a strong enough arm to go down the field.

he doesn't have a strong enough arm and most of his passes are inaccurate....no matter what time in the game it is

he doesn't have a strong enough arm and most of his passes are inaccurate....no matter what time in the game it is

The man threw 29 of 46 for 288 yards, 1 TD, no interceptions.

He's playing behind a backup center with a backup LT, without the RB who was 40% of the offense.

He got the ball back on the 15 yard line with 1 minute and 2 seconds left and no time outs.

Our standards for QB play have certainly become lofty.

Either that, or you're just a jerk

1:00 no timeout.....over 50 yards is not easy situation for any qb

If he had timeouts it would be different

One minute two seconds, 85 yards, and no timeouts

It's the extra two seconds that must be drawing all this ire on his head <_<

The plays that killed us in the 2nd half was chandler fumble....and when we were drive roosevelts drops that 3rd down pass

What fumble? That wasn't no fumble.

1:00 no timeout.....over 50 yards is not easy situation for any qb

If he had timeouts it would be different

....and if the Bills had played with any sense of urgency on the drive before (when they scored) they would have had more time. I was screaming at the TV for the entire drive. They don't necessarily have to go full 2 min drill speed but with less then nine mins to go.... and needing two scores....they need to get it in gear a bit.

He's playing behind a backup center with a backup LT, without the RB who was 40% of the offense.

He got the ball back on the 15 yard line with 1 minute and 2 seconds left and no time outs.

Fitz made some monster throws and pocket mobility was impressive. If buddy gets the guy some real wr's it'll be fine.

No excuse for no open wr's against a 6 man rush with 5 wr's. But I saw it repeatedly.

Fitz made some monster throws and pocket mobility was impressive. If buddy gets the guy some real wr's it'll be fine.

No excuse for no open wr's against a 6 man rush with 5 wr's. But I saw it repeatedly.

Roll-out passes the past few games were well done. Fitz is also a threat to run. That is a new wrinkle to the offense that I think is pretty impressive, and it has worked pretty well on several occasions.

Fitz was NOT the reason we lost today--maybe if he some actual NFL-caliber receivers who can catch balls that hit them in the hands (two weeks in a row), we might have won both games....

Fitz is rarely the reason we lose. However, the bigger problem is, he's rarely the reason why we win.

Fitz is rarely the reason we lose. However, the bigger problem is, he's rarely the reason why we win.

Why do you say that? His redzone efficiency, including in big comeback wins against the Raiders and Pats were because of him.

My problem with Fitz today is that even though time was against us, we had to get that 1st down on that last drive. I wished he would have just done a dump-off to a RB to get the 10 yards we needed after we spiked the ball. A lot of great 2-minute drives are the result of RB dump-offs/guys getting out of bounds.

As long as your tossing out excuses for Fitz you might as well add that our WRs talent is mediocre and they lack speed.

As BILLriant said, Fitz's arm strength and accuracy are not great. Average at best. He needs to make up for it with his smarts.

And we clearly have some unreasonable fans. Try throwing in 20 mph winds for all home games. Then compare his accuracy to Peyton Manning who plays in a dome constantly. It's apples and oranges. Get a grip fellas. As a matter of fact go out and throw when the wind is blowing at 20 mph. Then go out and throw when things are calm. Then let me know what you find.

Edited by BuffaloBlizzard

STOP, please stop, we had the ball on our 15 YARD LINE with 0 timeouts and 1 minute left on the clock...what on earth did you expect?

last week he drove us down all the way to the redzone vs. the jets and then Stevie dropped a wide open pass... :rolleyes:

I'm concerned about Fitz' ability to accurately hit his receivers in stride. Far too many of his passes are off target, some are caught, some are not. IF he hit his receivers in stride 5-10 yard throws would turn into decent gains.

Last possession? We got bigger issues.