Chan is seriously terrible

Bangarang

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell was with that last drive? passes only in the middle?? and nothing deep. Totally useless. The drive in the 2nd q that they got a FG on was also poor playcalling in the red zone! They ran the ball so effectively and then with the Titans tired out, they pass!!

whens the last time you saw Fitz throw deep and have any success?? he certainly not going to do it against a prevent defense.

Abandons the run. Calls the most retarded slant plays that don't do anything but waste time. Hires the worst defensive staff ever. This team is going nowhere.

I like to cultivate a sense of perspective.

However, I was rather appalled by his presser. There was a reference to us being "down by two touchdowns" and "needing to pass the ball" and to CJ not getting it done.

CJ had the best first half we've seen from him as a running back, and a frustrating one - that long TD nullified by a holding penalty - OUCH.

We were never down by two TD that I saw - we were down 17-10 at the half, and 20-10 at the end of the 3rd quarter, which is two scores, but not two TD.

He left a poor impression on me as someone who was frustrated and angry and worst, out of touch with what really happened in the game.

Edit: whups, it appears I've posted in the wrong thread. This is knee-jerk Fitz 'n' Chan bashing. Thoughtful analysis must be up two floors down the all on the right. Apologies, gentlemen, carry on!

Edited by Hopeful

Fitz made plays today, and missed plays today. He's stopped playing gutsy and started playing conservatively with his throws. Less interceptions, but he doesn't feel like the Fitz I knew and loved. He is getting more accurate (slowly), though not in the deep throwing game. Brad Smith is finally stepping up, Spiller looks better every game he plays. We're gonna have talent in a year or two. And I'm just as tired of saying that as the rest of you are, FYI.

Fitz made plays today, and missed plays today. He's stopped playing gutsy and started playing conservatively with his throws. Less interceptions, but he doesn't feel like the Fitz I knew and loved. He is getting more accurate (slowly), though not in the deep throwing game. Brad Smith is finally stepping up, Spiller looks better every game he plays. We're gonna have talent in a year or two. And I'm just as tired of saying that as the rest of you are, FYI.

If Brad Smith and CJ Spiller are the foundation of this offense getting better, the Bills are completely screwed.

I have tremendous respect for Chan's aggressiveness. Unfortunately, he always has a poor excuse as to why the run game is not used enough. He abandons it entirely and I just can't see why. When we bring the FB in good things usually happen. CJ was demonstrating a little of that homerun ability today and should not have been shelved even if we were down by 2 TDs, that's supposed to be the reason you get a guy like Spiller in the first place.

We will never have the talent we need. Steve will be gone, we'll win a few games next year, someone will "develop" and then that guy will be gone.

I have tremendous respect for Chan's aggressiveness. Unfortunately, he always has a poor excuse as to why the run game is not used enough. He abandons it entirely and I just can't see why. When we bring the FB in good things usually happen. CJ was demonstrating a little of that homerun ability today and should not have been shelved even if we were down by 2 TDs, that's supposed to be the reason you get a guy like Spiller in the first place.

Well said.

I'm beginning to think Chan wants the spread to succeed cause it's his baby. Anything else cuts against his pride. There's no other reason to abandon the run in the 3rd quarter, especially when your defense was at least preventing more points from going on the board. Same thing with the Miami game. First drive we looked awesome, then he would NOT give up with the shotgun even though Levitre couldn't snap for crap. It just makes no sense from a football perspective, so something else has to be going on here.

Besides abandoning the run in the second half, his clock management skills were less that desireable on the 4th quarter touchdown drive. WTF???? Why weren't they running a no huddle? They wasted too much time. Then they were in panic mode when they did get the ball back. Maybe Chan should just coach the team, bring in a real OC and get a new DC in the offseason. The offense has become too predictable.

OK I am in the right thread. This.

And the point about the lack of urgency in the scoring drive.

One of the most interesting game breakdowns I've done this season was the Jets-NE game. NE started out mixing run and pass 50-50 with little yardage on the pass, but success overall. Then they went 3 and out on several pass pass pass drives until Brady turned on the juice with a very nice 2 minute drill at the end of the first half.

In the 2nd half, they went back to mixed run and pass, and while the runs didn't get them much yardage, the threat that they might seemed to keep the Jets honest.

Spiller had a great first half. Why he got put on the shelf in the 2nd half when the game was NOT out of reach, beats me.

What the hell was with that last drive? passes only in the middle?? and nothing deep. Totally useless. The drive in the 2nd q that they got a FG on was also poor playcalling in the red zone! They ran the ball so effectively and then with the Titans tired out, they pass!!

I wanted to see more sideline routes, and for god sakes, if you need 10 yards, at least run a 10 yard route if not more.

I love how the board wants the best QB and and coach we have had in a long time run outta town again. I agree they both made mistakes all season long but it takes time (I realize the frustration with 12 years and all that but it is what it is).

I see an improved football team that still needs some holes filled and some more depth. The rest of the season should provide playing time for younger guys who should be 2nd string right now. Hopefully we don't see anywhere near the amount of injuries next year and have good drafts and FA periods.

As a die-hard bills guy, I'm starting to accept the fact that this team will go nowhere as long as it's coached by Chan, managed by Buddy, and owned by Ralph. We'll suck until there's a significant shake-up in the FO. Having said that, A young talented QB might provide the lift that could pave the way for more substantial changes going forward.

http://firechangailey.com/ SOMEBODY BUY THIS DOMAIN!!! :devil:

is http://firegeorgeedwards.com available? I'd chip in for it

As a die-hard bills guy, I'm starting to accept the fact that this team will go nowhere as long as it's coached by Chan, managed by Buddy, and owned by Ralph. We'll suck until there's a significant shake-up in the FO. Having said that, A young talented QB might provide the lift that could pave the way for more substantial changes going forward.

Oh, no, not this again. Please visit St Louis. I'll buy you a beer and you can ask Sam Bradford how that's working out.

Edited by Hopeful