Why is Lindell not on IR?

Dragonborn10

In the big scheme of things this is pretty meaningless, but why is Lindell still taking up a roster spot? His replacement nailed a 53 yrd FG on the road. The playoffs are out of reach. Why not put Lindell on IR and sign a FA LB, WR, or DE perhaps from another team's practice squad? Let Jasper take a few snaps at NT(I know the word is he is practicing at guard) and see what happens. Can't be any worse than Troup and his bad back.

yeah all that talk about stevie hurting the team in the game....yeah it was Raynor who hurt the team with his awful kickoff

asking a guy who hasnt played all year to "hard" squib a kick down the field and don't hit anyone to cover up for our bone head receiver. Ya it's your fault you can't cover for him booooo kicker boooo

In the big scheme of things this is pretty meaningless, but why is Lindell still taking up a roster spot? His replacement nailed a 53 yrd FG on the road. The playoffs are out of reach. Why not put Lindell on IR and sign a FA LB, WR, or DE perhaps from another team's practice squad? Let Jasper take a few snaps at NT(I know the word is he is practicing at guard) and see what happens. Can't be any worse than Troup and his bad back.

I guess you missed it when he missed the ball on a kick-off which played big part in the loss against the Jets. That and Lindell is kicking and will probably be back within a week or two.

I think its because Lindell will be healthy in the next few weeks and then Rayner will be let go to make room for your boy Jasper (who in my opinion is way over-hyped, especially on this board).

I was just using Jasper as an example and I agree he is way over-hyped. For every Jason Peters or Stevie Johnson who goes from UDFA or low round pick on to be a star there are hundreds of other washouts. Jasper will be another washout especially if the plan is to keep him at guard.

I was just using Jasper as an example and I agree he is way over-hyped. For every Jason Peters or Stevie Johnson who goes from UDFA or low round pick on to be a star there are hundreds of other washouts. Jasper will be another washout especially if the plan is to keep him at guard.

I was already out of high school before I was finally and permanently convinced that every UDFA WR who has two 4th quarter TDs in a preseason game isn't hte second coming of Andre Reed. I think Antonio Brown was the final straw, depsite his preseason return TDs.

yeah all that talk about stevie hurting the team in the game....yeah it was Raynor who hurt the team with his awful kickoff

Raynor has been quite competent with ordinary kickoffs. The fault lies with whoever ordered the squib.

I guess you missed it when he missed the ball on a kick-off which played big part in the loss against the Jets. That and Lindell is kicking and will probably be back within a week or two.

He didn't miss the ball, Freak. He performed a squib kick as ordered and it happened to hit a Jet.

I've been impressed by Raynors long field goals. Lindell is reliable, but his range has been shrinking with age. It will be interesting to see what the Bills do

He is a professional. That kick shouldnt be a problem even if he was on the couch a few weeks ago

Respectfully disagree, Hindsight. Foresight would indicate that squib kicks are rare because of their high potential to go awry. The kick is deliberately made at a level where, even if it doesn't hit an opposing player, opposing players have a shot at batting it. The probabilities are against it.

Hindsight would indicate that kickoff to the 10-15 yd line plus 28 yd average Jets return gives them the ball at their own 43 yd line, which is a better position for us than giving them the ball at our 36 yd line.

Edited by Hopeful

Raynor has been quite competent with ordinary kickoffs. The fault lies with whoever ordered the squib.

He didn't miss the ball, Freak. He performed a squib kick as ordered and it happened to hit a Jet.

I've been impressed by Raynors long field goals. Lindell is reliable, but his range has been shrinking with age. It will be interesting to see what the Bills do

Respectfully disagree, Hindsight. Foresight would indicate that squib kicks are rare because of their high potential to go awry. The kick is deliberately made at a level where, even if it doesn't hit an opposing player, opposing players have a shot at batting it. The probabilities are against it.

Hindsight would indicate that kickoff to the 10-15 yd line plus 28 yd average Jets return gives them the ball at their own 43 yd line, which is a better position for us than giving them the ball at our 36 yd line.

Hopeful, FWIW i've been watching football since the late 1960s and I cannot remember another squib kick hitting an up-man on the receiving team. I have to disagree with you and state that I had no problem with the strategy but only the execution.

As for Lindell's range "shrinking with age," let's keep the discussion to football, shall we?

:nana: