Regarding the Defense

jahnyc

1. Not sure I have ever watched a Bills game where there were so many huge holes for the opposing team's running backs. I believe the Jets averaged 6 yards per carry, and I do not think that Greene is a top back. In the first half, there were a couple of running plays where there was no Bills defender on the outside. Kind of shocked that the Jets threw it as much as they did since they were so effective running the ball.

2. No pass rush, again. Surprised that the Bills cannot figure out a way to bring pressure from blitzing.

3. I know that Sheppard is a rookie, but he seemed to have a really bad game today.

4. Sanchez is not a good QB and he threw four TDs against us. For one of the touchdowns by the Jets, even though it was third down, there was no one within 10 yards of the receiver.

5. Carrington was very quiet today. Not sure if he will develop into a quality player. Troup is a bust.

6. Williams impressed today. Seeing McKelvin on special teams only was depressing and I doubt he will be back with the team next year.

7. Byrd is having a very good year at safety.

8. This defense is really bad, which is amazing considering the number of free agent signings and draft picks that have been made to improve it.

Agree on every point. not much else to say other than Plax was wide open on his TD as well...2 wide open TD's with not a single player within 10 yds is as pathetic as you can get.

Edwards will be fired and this D will hopefully get much needed help in the offseason via FA and draft.

pass rush pass rush pass rush

run defense run defense run defense

They have to get these two things straightened out by whatever means necessary. They can't afford to go into next season playing the kind of pathetic defense they have mostly played this season. Will some of these rookies pan out? I wish we were seeing more improvement from the linemen and linebackers.

Watching this Steelers game, if Im Buddy and Chan, Im looking for some coach on Dick Lebeau's staff thats ready to make the jump to coordinator next year. If you want to run the 3-4 why not somebody who has worked for the best.

if you want to run a 3-4, how about anyone that has actually installed and run a 3-4 sometime in his prior coaching life :oops:

Agree on every point. not much else to say other than Plax was wide open on his TD as well...2 wide open TD's with not a single player within 10 yds is as pathetic as you can get.

Edwards will be fired and this D will hopefully get much needed help in the offseason via FA and draft.

Will he?

pass rush pass rush pass rush

run defense run defense run defense

They have to get these two things straightened out by whatever means necessary. They can't afford to go into next season playing the kind of pathetic defense they have mostly played this season. Will some of these rookies pan out? I wish we were seeing more improvement from the linemen and linebackers.

So you're saying we need a new defense.

Watching this Steelers game, if Im Buddy and Chan, Im looking for some coach on Dick Lebeau's staff thats ready to make the jump to coordinator next year. If you want to run the 3-4 why not somebody who has worked for the best.

or Kevin Greene who played for him.

if you want to run a 3-4, how about anyone that has actually installed and run a 3-4 sometime in his prior coaching life :oops:

:lol::D:huh::(:cry:

Will he?

So you're saying we need a new defense.

or Kevin Greene who played for him.

I'd be interested to see what a Kevin Greene defense would look like. Probably a fierce pass rush which would be awesome to see. I wonder what his coverage schemes would look like. That's the biggest issue. These current schemes are obviously to complex for the CB's to understand considering all the blown assignments week after week. I wish we could see a little more press an bump and run. There are guys on this team who can play single coverage on this defense, they just need to be allowed to do it.

I'd be interested to see what a Kevin Greene defense would look like. Probably a fierce pass rush which would be awesome to see. I wonder what his coverage schemes would look like. That's the biggest issue. These current schemes are obviously to complex for the CB's to understand considering all the blown assignments week after week. I wish we could see a little more press an bump and run. There are guys on this team who can play single coverage on this defense, they just need to be allowed to do it.

Time to fire up the Billboard.