Bringing in O-line

Im just a little curious as to why we still have not brought in a free agent linemen. When a receiver gets hurt we sign a player, corner gets hurt we sign a player. Yet we still do not even have a center on the roster, we have two starting guards listed as the backups. It just makes no sense to me how at a professional level you can not have o-line depth. I am not saying that there is some all pro free agent center out there but it has to be better then nothing, right?

Urkik will be fine at center. Chan tried levitre in order to keep the other 4 lineman in place. Didn;t work , now he move rheinhardt to right tackle and puts levitre back to left. problem solved .

Wrong. Rhinehart will go to right guard and Andy back to left guard.

Problem solved? We do not know how Urbik will perform at center. He might not have known the line calls well enough to play there last week. He seemed like the more logical choice last week because he has more experience at center and he is much bigger than Andy, yet Chan went the way he did. Urbik might have matched up with Miami's 360 lb NT much better than Levitre. There must be a reason that Chan went with Andy.

Problem Solved? We have a rookie 5th round draft pick starting at LT. I will bet that Rex and his boys are shaking in their boots.

Problem solved? We do not know how Urbik will perform at center. He might not have known the line calls well enough to play there last week. He seemed like the more logical choice last week because he has more experience at center and he is much bigger than Andy, yet Chan went the way he did. Urbik might have matched up with Miami's 360 lb NT much better than Levitre. There must be a reason that Chan went with Andy.

Problem Solved? We have a rookie 5th round draft pick starting at LT. I will bet that Rex and his boys are shaking in their boots.

I'm not that optimistic either but I think he'll be better than Levitre and obv. levitre is a beast at LG and I think Rhineheart will be fine at RG. I'm also liking what I see from our Hairston. He was actually a 4th rounder, not 5th and the Jets pass rush prob doesn't have our line shaking in their boots either, its gonna be Maybin vs Hairston lol

I'm not that optimistic either but I think he'll be better than Levitre and obv. levitre is a beast at LG and I think Rhineheart will be fine at RG. I'm also liking what I see from our Hairston. He was actually a 4th rounder, not 5th and the Jets pass rush prob doesn't have our line shaking in their boots either, its gonna be Maybin vs Hairston lol

Maybin vs Hairston is hilarious.

Im just a little curious as to why we still have not brought in a free agent linemen. When a receiver gets hurt we sign a player, corner gets hurt we sign a player. Yet we still do not even have a center on the roster, we have two starting guards listed as the backups. It just makes no sense to me how at a professional level you can not have o-line depth. I am not saying that there is some all pro free agent center out there but it has to be better then nothing, right?

Why do that when we can run an offense designed to get the ball out of the QBs hands in 2 sec to multiple low talent WRs who can't beat single coverage? Good teams generally don't have good offensive lines do they?

Andy was playing very well before the move to T then got nicked out there too.

The guy has been abused but did his best. Urbik, even if he is less then equal to Levitre at center is good enough. Andy will be at his best play at guard and lord knows he will be helping out the guys on both sides of him in the game. He's a smart kid and we are glad to have him.

agreed that it should not have gone that far and Chan should have had someone in the wings earlier.

I think Hairston has played well for his first year. He held his own against the Skins, Giants, and Dolphins I think. He is probably our 4th or 5th best linemen right now behind Andy, Urbik, Wood (when healthy), and Bell(when healthy). So I give him props.

cuz the line has played well.

Well as long as he tried his best, his mommy still wuves her widdle guy

Howd you know who i was? Oh well.

Now you kids go out there and play football real nice and i will have soup and sandwiches at halftime. And Andy! try not to get that uniform all dirty again!

Could somebody...for the love of god...please explain to me what in the hell this front office is thinking? Just about every single snap that Andy Levitre delivered to Ryan Fitzpatrick last Sunday was off, resulting in complete and utter chaos on just about every single offensive play in Miami. So, the Bills wait until midway though to fourth quarter, when the game is already out of hand, to make the change to Craig Urbik. If that isn't baffling enough, the Bills placed CB Terrence McGee and WR Donald Jones on IR this week, giving fans the assumption that the team would at least bring in an experienced center to make sure that another three-hour long NFL follies film couldn't be reproduced.

You know something, any other NFL team, and I do mean ANY other NFL team, would have made the move to fill this void on Monday after an embarrassing effort like the one shown by Buffalo in South Florida last Sunday. The Bills simply insist on extending this decade long nightmare-ish embarrassment of front office moves. Its not exactly like, before the season started, that the Bills were in "Salary-Cap hell". They didn't have the most money to spend in the offseason, but they did have a significant amount of money to spend to bring in quality free-agents. I'm not saying that they should've went Philadelphia on the Free-Agent market (look where that got the Eagles) and signed just about everybody, but at least Philly made an effort to improve the team. The Bills year in and year out try to stay "under the radar", signing a bunch of outcasts and misfits that nobody wanted elsewhere. It takes a special front-office and coaching staff to make that thought process work. The only two regimes in NFL history, that I've seen, that made that work is the Levy/Polian regime in Buffalo and the Pioli/Belichek regime in New England.

Moral of the story, It's rare that you win. THIS is the reason Buffalo has been a complete joke for more than a decade in the NFL. There's absolutely NO excuse for missing the playoffs for 11 consecutive seasons. NONE!

Could somebody...for the love of god...please explain to me what in the hell this front office is thinking? Just about every single snap that Andy Levitre delivered to Ryan Fitzpatrick last Sunday was off, resulting in complete and utter chaos on just about every single offensive play in Miami. So, the Bills wait until midway though to fourth quarter, when the game is already out of hand, to make the change to Craig Urbik. If that isn't baffling enough, the Bills placed CB Terrence McGee and WR Donald Jones on IR this week, giving fans the assumption that the team would at least bring in an experienced center to make sure that another three-hour long NFL follies film couldn't be reproduced.

You know something, any other NFL team, and I do mean ANY other NFL team, would have made the move to fill this void on Monday after an embarrassing effort like the one shown by Buffalo in South Florida last Sunday. The Bills simply insist on extending this decade long nightmare-ish embarrassment of front office moves. Its not exactly like, before the season started, that the Bills were in "Salary-Cap hell". They didn't have the most money to spend in the offseason, but they did have a significant amount of money to spend to bring in quality free-agents. I'm not saying that they should've went Philadelphia on the Free-Agent market (look where that got the Eagles) and signed just about everybody, but at least Philly made an effort to improve the team. The Bills year in and year out try to stay "under the radar", signing a bunch of outcasts and misfits that nobody wanted elsewhere. It takes a special front-office and coaching staff to make that thought process work. The only two regimes in NFL history, that I've seen, that made that work is the Levy/Polian regime in Buffalo and the Pioli/Belichek regime in New England.

Moral of the story, It's rare that you win. THIS is the reason Buffalo has been a complete joke for more than a decade in the NFL. There's absolutely NO excuse for missing the playoffs for 11 consecutive seasons. NONE!

They do it just because they hate you and want you to suffer more. They love watching you throw tantrums on the internet then come back for more hoping things will change. They all sit around the offices at One Bills Drive just laughing at you

I'll take it you didn't read where they brought in another lineman & DB on the practice squad . Plus your not going to get one in FA that you will be able to plug in in less than a week of practice .

Use what you have & bring the other guy up to speed slow on the PS until he's ready !!

They must have missed the starting center sitting out there after week 11 of the season just waiting to be picked up, taught the offense, schooled in all the line calls and made ready to paly for the following Sunday. What a bunch of screw ups.

Why not start Incardona? OHHH...we let him go. :angry:

Incognito...see how quickly we forget...

Why not Dockery, or Langston Walker too? Or the guy we let go that started for the Steelers last year in the SB at LT, or the guy we called a turnstyle that started for the Cardinals years ago in the SB too?

They were never good enough to play here according to the fans until they were let go, then it was a mistake to do that

Why not Dockery, or Langston Walker too? Or the guy we let go that started for the Steelers last year in the SB at LT, or the guy we called a turnstyle that started for the Cardinals years ago in the SB too?

They were never good enough to play here according to the fans until they were let go, then it was a mistake to do that

It's actually not as mutually exclusive as you'd like it to be. Where some of these guys great players that the Bills should have built the team around? Not by a long shot. Where they worth keeping around as backups in case the inevitable happened? Absolutely. Believe it or not, a team trying to get to the playoffs needs a little more depth than a Brown Colon.