This years Saving Grace

Estelle Getty

At least we beat the Pats. To me this was more important and satisfying than simply making it to the first round of the playoffs. At least we have this game to reflect on all off season when we are feeling down about our Bills. It was truely a magical moment and our biggest win in 17 years.

My question to you guys is was the win against the patriots more satisfying for you than us making it to the first round of the playoffs (and that's it)? If I told you it was one or the other in the beginning of the year what would you chose?

*The premise of this question is about making the playoffs and assuming we did not advance to the second round. No need to say "both" or "who's to say we wouldn't have won".

The Pats win got the Bills respect and credibility for one week (then came Cincy). Playoffs would get the Bills respect and credibility for a lot longer than that. Even if they get bounced in the first round. I live in New England now and that win was fantastic but I knew not to gloat. I said I would wait until December before I could feel justified in doing that.

At least we beat the Pats. To me this was more important and satisfying than simply making it to the first round of the playoffs. At least we have this game to reflect on all off season when we are feeling down about our Bills. It was truely a magical moment and our biggest win in 17 years.

My question to you guys is was the win against the patriots more satisfying for you than us making it to the first round of the playoffs (and that's it)? If I told you it was one or the other in the beginning of the year what would you chose?

*The premise of this question is about making the playoffs and assuming we did not advance to the second round. No need to say "both" or "who's to say we wouldn't have won".

Sorry, but the notion that beating NE once is better then making the playoffs is completely stupid. I would rather make the playoffs and get beat 55-0 both times against NE, then finish with 4-6 wins every year and beat the Pats once a decade. Wow, some people really dig for positives in a piece of crap organization sometimes. That win against NE was nice, and for a couple weeks, as it turns out, people gave the Bills more credit then they deserved. Now to most, if not all, it is looked at as a fluke, as NE is winning and we are playing like the worst team in the NFL.

Edited by billsfreak

Are you nuts!? playoffs are way more important :thumbdown::oops::doh:

Didn't know some people would get so offended and some down right butthurt.(you know who you are) To me personally untill we beat the patriots I didn't feel we were deserving of making the playoffs. That streak was much more embarrasing to me than not making the playoffs. I guess I stand alone in thinking that beating the pats was more special then going to and losing in the first round of the playoffs. But you know what.....that's like my opinion.....DUDE!

Edited by Estelle Getty