What is going on INSIDE the locker room?

From YE OLE's perspective there is something seriously wrong internally with this team. There have been significant injuries, no doubt, and one could argue the book is out on how to defend Gailey's system on offense. That would all make sense if we were losing games by reasonal margins. However, we've lost the last 3 games by over 27 points per game against teams who have a collective record of 14-16. And oh by the way... Washington, who we trounced the last time we won, just went to OT with Dallas yesterday, who we didn't belong on the same field with. We have Miami players going around saying that our guys "laid down" yesterday, to boot.

What is going on here? I expected we might see some growing pains and lose some games, but there is not any explanation for looking like a college team for 3 straight weeks. We went from 5-2 to not even being able to compete? These guys could not look worse if they were trying to throw these games. This isn't a question of losing out anymore... this is a question of can we lose by less than 3 or 4 TD's to anyone left on the schedule?

I'm pretty sure it's Freddy and Stevie stirring up trouble because they haven't been paid yet, while the star QB is phat with money!

Seriously, it's hard to tell from the outside looking in. It's obvious that they're pressing and we know how that can snowball when things go bad early in games. I'm hoping it hasn't reached the point of them pointing fingers at each other. We'll see soon enough. But it don't look good right now.

GO BILLS!!!

I wouldn't pay Stevie yet. He still needs to prove he is a #1 receiver, he can not get seperation on a 3 yard out for a first down. Stevie should shut up and let his numbers do the talking. OBW his numbers are not that good.

I wouldn't pay Stevie yet. He still needs to prove he is a #1 receiver, he can not get seperation on a 3 yard out for a first down. Stevie should shut up and let his numbers do the talking. OBW his numbers are not that good.

I don't think Stevie has once talked publicly about his contract, only when asked has he answered that they're not working on a new deal and are waiting until the offseason.

Shut up about what?

Next year ought to be fun with Donald Jones as the #1 WR, unless we spin our wheels and try to fill the newly created hole in the draft, which we've been doing @CB for a decade (that's worked out well).

It was neither after Miami went up 7-3 or 14-3 but they cut to the Bills sideline and all you saw was 4 guys on the bench with their heads in there lap and another guy looking lost and depressed. Its more and more obvious this team for some reason can't get the bad taste out of their mouth. As much as we want to blame skill , I'm def. seeing alot of psychological aspects play into there horrible performance and I really think leadership qualities are underrated in player evaluations. I'm just begging that when the Jets punch us in the mouth, someone, anyone on this roster rallies the troops to stop acting like pussies and get their tail out between their legs. For some odd reason I see us beating the Jets, Ive been right the last 3 weeks , so hopefully I am right this week, but its just the things the team has been saying, where I feel they realize how low and bad it is, and it's time to do something. Bills 27 Jets 17. You def heard it here first.

It was neither after Miami went up 7-3 or 14-3 but they cut to the Bills sideline and all you saw was 4 guys on the bench with their heads in there lap and another guy looking lost and depressed. Its more and more obvious this team for some reason can't get the bad taste out of their mouth. As much as we want to blame skill , I'm def. seeing alot of psychological aspects play into there horrible performance and I really think leadership qualities are underrated in player evaluations. I'm just begging that when the Jets punch us in the mouth, someone, anyone on this roster rallies the troops to stop acting like pussies and get their tail out between their legs. For some odd reason I see us beating the Jets, Ive been right the last 3 weeks , so hopefully I am right this week, but its just the things the team has been saying, where I feel they realize how low and bad it is, and it's time to do something. Bills 27 Jets 17. You def heard it here first.

I'm with you Jersey... There's clearly something wrong with the psyche of this team. What's odd is, at the beginning of the season the exact opposite was the case. They fought back from large deficits and we praised them for playing hard. Even last season when they were 4-12, they fought hard every game and gave teams like the Ravens and Steelers all they could handle. Right now they'd lose by 40-50 to those teams. What the hell is going on here?! We've seen a lot of bad football over the last decade, and we've all been more than frustrated, but the last 3 weeks are the worst stretch I've ever seen from this team. They're just not even trying. I remember a lot of bad football, but nothing quite like this. I've never been at a point like this where I have ZERO desire to watch this team even play, and I'm almost there right now. It's not the fact that they're losing it's the way they're losing.

I'm pretty sure it's Freddy and Stevie stirring up trouble because they haven't been paid yet, while the star QB is phat with money!

Seriously, it's hard to tell from the outside looking in. It's obvious that they're pressing and we know how that can snowball when things go bad early in games. I'm hoping it hasn't reached the point of them pointing fingers at each other. We'll see soon enough. But it don't look good right now.

GO BILLS!!!

This has been my thought too. That, along with the hit to the collective psyche when key players suffer season-ending injuries, causing us to put out less-than-optimal lineups, resulting in less-than-optimal results. They were resilient early in the season because they were all still healthy and confident. They've become unhealthy and un-confident.

It's like a lot of them are playing tentative because they don't want to get hurt like their fallen buddies, especially when the season feels like it's slipping away. Someone better remind them that you're more likely to get hurt playing tentative than playing full speed.

The crisis of confidence and sharpness of the decline does not speak well of their leadership. Either no one is trying to lead, or no one is listening to the leaders. Can't tell which it is.

Edited by Slack_in_MA