Do you honestly care about sports?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week was rough. Endless Penn state, NBA lockout. I just want NFL, [heavy on the Bills, but like chat on other teams]. Question I guess is would you realy care [i mean CARE] about sports if not for the NFL and the Bills?

Yes an no. I care about MMA, Strength sports, Sabres and college football + wrestling every thing else is whatever. Honestly could care less about the NBA Lockout.

love sports...huge syracuse sports fan, huge yankee fan...love watching the nba when they aren't locked out..could do without the nhl, i love watching golf, so yeah..i am a sports fan...

Last week was rough. Endless Penn state, NBA lockout. I just want NFL, [heavy on the Bills, but like chat on other teams]. Question I guess is would you realy care [i mean CARE] about sports if not for the NFL and the Bills?

I like bills and NFL football. I like basketball when Knicks are competitive, which has been rare. I like world series when Yankees are in it. I like golf when tiger woods is competitive (uncommon lately). I like some olympic events, summer and winter. Ilke boxing when theres matchup that interests me, again very rare.

That's about it

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

lockout in 1998-1999 ruined basketball forever for me.

i went from thinking of those guys (specifically the knicks with starks, ewing and oakley) on the same level as the 90s bills, to not caring at all.

this current lockout is completely meaningless to me. it would be more exciting to see them cancel the season and watch the legal proceedings than to watch an nba basketball game.

playoff hockey is fun if buffalo is in, but then i start to feel like a bandwagon fan because i don't know any of the players and i only started watching in april.

baseball is the most godawful thing on this planet, completely boring and since hitting my 20s i've probably only watched an hour total.

golf was incredible when tiger was on top. id always watch a tournament on sunday if he was in contention.

meeting my *now* wife and getting married changed my sports viewing habits. i watch every bills game without question, but i don't even care about what happens in the nfc anymore. and i barely watch the playoffs til the conference championship. even then i just have it on in the background.

really, i don't even consider watching the bills a sport, it's a lifestyle.

Football(Bills, Giants) Hockey(Sabres, Rangers when they are decent) Stopped watching basketball when Larry Byrd retired and then only the playoffs. Would rather play the game than watch it. I play and watch golf, follow all majors from 1st round to the last. Baseball is another I'd rather play than watch Yank's being my choice...

If the NBA never had another game it wouldn't bother me.

+1. I want the NBA to die quickly so I don't have to see it in passing. It's been so nice so far to not have to watch news replays revolving around this bunch of hoop-grabbing thugs. Basketball changed irrevocably when they refused to raise the rim. Guys don't have to be good shooters now.

For MLB (Red Sox) and the NHL (Sabres) I assert the notion that I am a fan of these teams. But w/o cable and enough time in the day, I just rarely get to watch the games. And with one-hundred-sixty-something and 80-something games, respectively, missing each game doesn't mean so much like it is to miss a football game. So, I'm a fan, but I'm a fan by proxy --- browsing the ticker the next morning.

I am a fan of the tennis major events, especially as they broadcast Wimbledon and US Open during the week. I hate the rare scoring, the jumble of teams/conferences and the low meaning of league soccer matches. It seems like there's 60 'X Cup' matches a year; it's like every team wins a championship for participation. The $ politics of FIFA and the state of officiating leave me with the impression that it's all fixed. But when World Cup rolls around, I watch the hell out of it. Men's and women's. Internet broadcasting of any/every match on ESPN3.com has really increased my fandom of these two sports --- gone are the days when you only get to watch what's scheduled on the teevee.

Not really. I'll occasionally watch other sports, but I really don't have a stake in anything but Bills football. I'm a bandwagon OU, OSU, and TU fan in any sport, and I am rooting for OkSt to win their first championship, but I've watched them maybe 30 minutes so far this year.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

Obviously i'm a fan of the Bills and the NFL in general. I went to PSU (not main campus), so I'll watch them play a few games a year. I do watch some of the bowl games as well. I enjoy Sabres hockey, but don't watch any other NHL games if it isn't the Sabres. Other then that maybe winter Olympics Curling.

Edited by muffmonster

I love sports. I think it is the only thing real on TV nowadays. With that being saidn I could care less about the NBA & really do not get into the Sabres until the playoffs. I love College Football but my favorite sport is College Basketball. I just think it is so interesting & for my money the best sporting event of the year is the NCAA Tournament. I get into baseball but I don't watch a game from start to finish. I like throwing the game on in the background on a nice summer day & sitting by the pool & drinking a few beers.

The NFL I lov e but I have started to like college more over the last 3-4 years. I love the Bills but do not take the games as serious anymore. They were so uncompetitive, last weeks loss did not bother me one bit.