eric wood and the oline

b-dynasty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goddammit! There were two unabashed positives so far this season. One was Fred Jackson playing at an All-Pro level and two was an offensive line that looked like it could develop into a dominant unit for years to come. Levitre and Wood were playing at All-Pro levels and Bell looked good, Urbik and Pears looked solid and Hairston looks promising. Wood in the middle is the key. I really wish him well and hope he can make it back from this. If he can make it back from the broken leg, my money is on him coming back at full strength from this.

For what it is worth, cheap shot by Ware. Play was over and he hit him in the back. Crummy throw by Fitzpatrick and crummy play by Jones on the ball.

Who's going to play Center? Levitre?

Per Chan, that is right. Hairston back at LT and Bell to begin practicing. I think if both come back, we may not be in as bad a soup as it first sounded. Bell-Rinehart-Levitre-Urbik-Hairston should be the line once Bell comes back.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Per Chan, that is right. Hairston back at LT and Bell to begin practicing. I think if both come back, we may not be in as bad a soup as it first sounded. Bell-Rinehart-Levitre-Urbik-Hairston should be the line once Bell comes back.

What has Pears done to find a seat on the bench? Why would you sit the only guy that's played well the entire season at his position?

What has Pears done to find a seat on the bench? Why would you sit the only guy that's played well the entire season at his position?

That is a fair question. While Pears has not done 'bad' per se, the future OL needs to hold blocks longer to allow deep plays to develop. Even before these injuries, the OL was unable to do that or Chan did not have the confidence in their ability to do so. I want to see if Hairston can bring strength to the RT position that transitions us to the line that we want.

It's a setback, but with Hairston and Bell back, it's not *as* bad.

IMO, Levitre definitely deserves the Pro Bowl this year. By year's end at his rate, he'll be catching passes and returning kicks. I'd offer he's more valuable than anybody on the offensive line.

The Packers won a SB with 17 or so guys on IR and lost a Pro Bowl CB in first half. Stuff happens, Wood is our best OLman IMO but this is a challenge we must overcome. There are hundreds of undrafted college guys, and a huge mass of man known as Jasper who could be used if necessary. I'd give him a few games to see how he performs.

That is a fair question. While Pears has not done 'bad' per se, the future OL needs to hold blocks longer to allow deep plays to develop. Even before these injuries, the OL was unable to do that or Chan did not have the confidence in their ability to do so. I want to see if Hairston can bring strength to the RT position that transitions us to the line that we want.

While I can agree with the idea of your post; I just dislike using the regular season as practice time for players. I'd keep Pears where he's at and see what Hairston can do in his limited playing time and during the off season, ala Reinhart.

Strength and conditioning coaches are doing a great job lol

jk I know there was nothing they could do

With the staggering number of injuries (NFL-wide) this year, I can't help but blame it on the shortened "offseason." Sure, players can train solo all they want -- They're still not going to get what the NEED from strength and conditioning coaches.

The players were hurt by this deal in more than one way. (For the record, I was on the owners' side).