Bills/Cowboys Game Thread

Simon

Wilson has to be willing to spend money this offseason. I have to believe there will be many many free agents that are better than our current personnel.

They better get someone who can Coach Defense with that cash too...Because this Team is out coached week in and week out vs opposing Offenses...Sanchez and Romo are a combined... wait for it...38/47 for 467 yards, 4 TD's and one INT in the last 6 Quarters vs this Bills Defense...The Bills Defense is the laughing stock of the NFL right now...Worst in the league right now for certain...They are out-manned and out-coached...It's sad... B-)

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If put on the field in blitzing situations, he would be no worse than Arthur Moats. Another guy Bills fans fell in love with for no reason. But the point is, not that Maybin would have saved the day, but what the hell was the point of cutting him? What was the net negative that he had on this squad? Who the hell did we keep over him than is performing better than he is? Those are the questions you need to ask.

Just saying, "I'm glad he's not on the roster b/c I don't like him as a player" isn't enough.

We can certainly agree to disagree on this one. He did nothing as a Bill, and wasn't even good enough for special teams.

Gailey will never fire a coach mid-season. We're stuck with this garbage.

As bad as the schemes are, our players are that much worse. We need seven new starters on defense. So we're stuck with this garbage, regardless.

GO BILLS!!!

If put on the field in blitzing situations, he would be no worse than Arthur Moats. Another guy Bills fans fell in love with for no reason. But the point is, not that Maybin would have saved the day, but what the hell was the point of cutting him? What was the net negative that he had on this squad? Who the hell did we keep over him than is performing better than he is? Those are the questions you need to ask.

Just saying, "I'm glad he's not on the roster b/c I don't like him as a player" isn't enough.

It's not that difficult to see why they cut him. Paying someone that lacks the tools and talent that management is demanding 10 to 20 times more than others doing the same job better is a non-starter. What other team would pay their practice squad or inactive players more than, say, their starting QB and other stars?

The obvious answer would be : then we have even less guys to cover their receivers...

or...

we cant get pass rush either way

just saying....im tired of making average qbs look good...no blitzing is giving way too much time and mckelvin couldnt cover an ice cream sunday with chocolate sauce!!!

Wilson has to be willing to spend money this offseason. I have to believe there will be many many free agents that are better than our current personnel.

No he won't. They don't upgrade via free agency, they build through the draft. That works we when the main assumption is you draft well. Theyre $30 mil or something under and needed upgrades all over and did little.

It was pretty obvious that this team was exposed for what it is last week. Bills will split with the Dolphins, beat denver and maybe TN to get to 7-9 or 8-8.

THis defense just flat out sucks.....Got to admit, they gave me a pretty entertaining first half of the season which is half more than I expected.

Tebow may not be able to throw - but he won't have to since the Bills can not stop the run either

Bills will be lucky to match the 7-9 of Jauron

It's not that difficult to see why they cut him. Paying someone that lacks the tools and talent that management is demanding 10 to 20 times more than others doing the same job better is a non-starter. What other team would pay their practice squad or inactive players more than, say, their starting QB and other stars?

But they were already obligated to pay him. Cutting him saved nothing

No he won't. They don't upgrade via free agency, they build through the draft. That works we when the main assumption is you draft well. Theyre $30 mil or something under and needed upgrades all over and did little.

Plus we already blew our load on a QB that can't throw further than 5 yards down the field. And people complained about Edwards.

Have at it, folks.

My initial thoughts are that this defensive staff needs to go away forever.

It was bad enough watching the Jets punch us up last week while our toughest 'backer was glued to the bench and Sheppard got tossed all over the field. Now we get to watch the Cowboys staff immediately attack McGee in the slot (where he doesn't belong) and Leodis on the edge (where he doesn't belong).

I like Chan but if he doesn't toss his entire defensive staff out the door at the conclusion of the season, he is making a mistake that might prevent him from ever accomplishing what he wants here.

Even with recognition that both the O and D have significant talent deficits compared to opponents, I think George Edwards and his

defensive staff should be fired at halftime.