Stevie no-shows Rochester signing last night

When I posted that Gailey twice has responded in press conference to Johnson's seemingly innocent fooling around, "he has too much time on his hans," I feared there may be more to the story. Again may be making a mountain out of mole hill and there is nothing to see here but....

Flat tire? Seriously that is the best he could come up with... wonder if the wife will buy that story....me thinks something is rotten in Buffalo

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes that must be it.

Stevie can't stand Fred.

Trying to make an interesting point out of this, it is interesting that both Stevie and Fred are hoping for contract extensions from the Bills.

yeah-

makes a lot of sense for 2 teammates going from Buffalo to the same event an hour away to drive separately.

The thing that I dont get....Freddie arrived at 7pm with his wife in a limo. He didnt drive his car. Why didn't Stevie just join him in the limo? I'm sorry, but I was there and pissed off. I'm not buying his bull **** excuse about him having a flat tire. :angry:

What a bunch of damn babies in this thread. Stevie got a flat tire. Big deal. People cancel things all the time for less. So sorry you couldn't get his autograph. There are worse things in life.

And some of you need to get some tin foil hats with the conspiracy theories being lobbed around.

The thing that I dont get....Freddie arrived at 7pm with his wife in a limo. He didnt drive his car. Why didn't Stevie just join him in the limo? I'm sorry, but I was there and pissed off. I'm not buying his bull **** excuse about him having a flat tire. :angry:

not enough room for stevie's entourage ??

So are you now saying Ralph isn't cheap and will make sure he is there to give Stevie a hefty raise????

(Read what i wrote again) :devil:

I wasn't talking about Ralph, Stevie was the one with tire problems. Why don't you read what I wrote again? Get your panties out of the wad they are in and have a sense of humor? :doh:

Edited by billsfreak

I wasn't talking about Ralph, Stevie was the one with tire problems. Why don't you read what I wrote again? Get your panties out of the wad they are in and have a sense of humor? :doh:

Wow, I think you should take your own advice and get your panties out of a wad and dump out your cereal that someone must have pissed in this morning.

Edited by apuszczalowski

There has to be something to this...I mean they didn't ride together? Why did he say what he did?

Get your !@#$ing tin-foil hat and go wait in the bunker until we get this figured out. There is something BIG here.

Probable causes:

1) Johnson really had some kind of car trouble.

2) Johnson just didn't feel like round-tripping to Rochester. (The most likely reason in my opinion).

3) Johnson doesn't get along well with Jackson. Who cares. They don't have to love each other, just play on the same team.

Non issue.

maybe stevie really was sick....

Steve Johnson expected despite illness

Associated Press

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills top receiver Steve Johnson didn't practice Friday because he was sick, but the illness shouldn't keep him out of Sunday's game against the host Dallas Cowboys.Johnson came to the practice facility for medication Friday morning before returning home to rest. He leads the team with 42 catches for 523 yards, and hasn't missed a game despite a nagging groin injury.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7220192/steve-johnson-buffalo-bills-misses-practice-expected-play

Last night at Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson had a scheduled autograph signing, meet and greet with the fans type deal. It was set to be from 7-9 PM.

Freddie showed up and was INCREDIBLY gracious to everyone! He stopped to talk to people on cell phones, stepped out to the front of the table and posed for pictures with kids in wheelchairs, and in an even bigger gesture; he stayed from 7 to 11:30 to make sure every single person in line got to meet him. That's more than double the amount of time he was scheduled to be there! He was a real class act. I can't say that enough.

Stevie Johnson, however, no-showed the signing. People waited and waited for him to show. Come to find out, he later stated on Twitter that he had to stop halfway on the road to Rochester and have a tire repaired. But not before imparting this nugget of knowledge:

Link:

"@KhawkCruisin: @StevieJohnson13 seriously, where were you tonight? Freddy had to do ALL the signing" He should be use to doing ALL the work

On the one hand, I hate to see someone ragged on for every little thing. So I don't think you should read too much into that comment.

On the other hand, the man can tweet...the man has a cell phone. Towns along the NYState thruway have business with phones I'm sure they'd be delighted to let SJ use.

If you're gonna be late or something has happened to keep you from coming to a scheduled event, CALL and let people know....that is just basic professionalism and normal human courtesy.

Of course, it is possible he did call and either his agent, or the event organizers, chose not to make an announcement. Which, when you think about it, if they announced "Stevie won't be able to make it due to car trouble" and half the folks left, that would kinda be a slap at Freddie as opposed to people standing in line 4 1/2 hrs which has to be an incredible lift.

I do think SJ is young and a little flaky and hopefully he'll get good advice from friends and professionals around him and grow into his stardom gracefully.

• 3 weeks later...