Stevie no-shows Rochester signing last night

Last night at Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson had a scheduled autograph signing, meet and greet with the fans type deal. It was set to be from 7-9 PM.

Freddie showed up and was INCREDIBLY gracious to everyone! He stopped to talk to people on cell phones, stepped out to the front of the table and posed for pictures with kids in wheelchairs, and in an even bigger gesture; he stayed from 7 to 11:30 to make sure every single person in line got to meet him. That's more than double the amount of time he was scheduled to be there! He was a real class act. I can't say that enough.

Stevie Johnson, however, no-showed the signing. People waited and waited for him to show. Come to find out, he later stated on Twitter that he had to stop halfway on the road to Rochester and have a tire repaired. But not before imparting this nugget of knowledge:

Link:

"@KhawkCruisin: @StevieJohnson13 seriously, where were you tonight? Freddy had to do ALL the signing" He should be use to doing ALL the work

Maybe i'm reading something into nothing, but what's that about? "He should be used to doing ALL the work"? I don't know exactly what he meant by that, but I found it curious that that was his first response to not showing up to an appearance for Bills fans.

I'm a HUGE Stevie fan. I went down there with just my Stevie jersey (i've met Fred and got something signed by him before). But I was disappointed by this whole thing. I know things happen, but when kids are waiting hours and hours for you, if you need you're tire repaired; the signing was at a car dealership. Call them and have them pick you up and work on the tire at the signing (I jest :P).

I hope I AM reading something into nothing. But I fear Stevie may be getting some sour grapes with his lot in Buffalo after that comment.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

**** happens. every athlete cant make every scheduled event. heck, even us "normal folk" run into problems sometimes. you'll have another chance in the future (as long as we can re-sign him). im sure it was disappointing for all the fans that showed up, but again, **** happens. for as much as stevie interacts (positively) with fans, im not going to hold this against him.

as far as his comment about Freddie goes, i see it as a complimentary joke.

So your man-crush didn't show up to sign your football card and thus you thought complaining about it here would somehow rectify the situation?

Nope, just stating what happened and what was said. Not the end of the world or anything, but there were a lot of upset, disappointed Bills fans. And his comment about it came across wrong to those fans.

Does taking cyber-bully shots at other fans rectify whatever situation you have?

Stevie Johnson, however, no-showed the signing. People waited and waited for him to show. Come to find out, he later stated on Twitter that he had to stop halfway on the road to Rochester and have a tire repaired…

Maybe i'm reading something into nothing, but what's that about? "He should be used to doing ALL the work"? I don't know exactly what he meant by that, but I found it curious and borderline jerkish that that was his first response to not showing up to an appearance for Bills fans.

I'm a HUGE Stevie fan. I went down there with just my Stevie jersey (i've met Fred and got something signed by him before). But I was disappointed by this whole thing. I know things happen, but when kids are waiting hours and hours for you, if you need you're tire repaired; the signing was at a car dealership. Call them and have them pick you up and work on the tire at the signing (I jest :P).

I hope I AM reading something into nothing. But I fear Stevie may be getting some sour grapes with his lot in Buffalo after that comment.

So your man-crush didn't show up to sign your football card and thus you thought complaining about it here would somehow rectify the situation?

That's what you took from the original post? Kind of a harsh analysis. Or a bad joke?

Without knowing the full story, I thought the OP was fair and honest in his post (evidenced by giving full disclosure).

Maybe he shouldn't have mentioned the part about wearing the #13 jersey?

Would that have changed your tone?

**** happens. every athlete cant make every scheduled event. heck, even us "normal folk" run into problems sometimes. you'll have another chance in the future (as long as we can re-sign him). im sure it was disappointing for all the fans that showed up, but again, **** happens. for as much as stevie interacts (positively) with fans, im not going to hold this against him.

i just hope the Bills don't get a flat tire on the way to Stevies Contract extension signing in the offseason

Talk about a stick up your ass!

Stevie made a joke about thread, and then said what happened in another twitter reply:

StevieJohnson13 Stevie Johnson

@desimone9812 My bad Des I had to turn around halfway thru the trip and get my Rover tire fixed to get to practice 2ma. My apologies man

Talk about a stick up your ass!

Stevie made a joke about thread, and then said what happened in another twitter reply:

StevieJohnson13 Stevie Johnson

@desimone9812 My bad Des I had to turn around halfway thru the trip and get my Rover tire fixed to get to practice 2ma. My apologies man

I did not see that reply as @replies don't show up on feeds. And like I said in the OP, I may be reading something into nothing. But the timing of the joke and lack of joke indicators that he usually uses (i.e. 'lol', 'ha', etc.) raised an eyebrow with me.

But it appears the majority of people don't see it that way and that I was reading something into nothing. And i'm fine with that. I actually prefer me reading into nothing than the alternative of him actually being unhappy. But I thought it worth discussing. The stick's not up my ass. I'm not sure where this stick you speak of actually is, but yeah, not inside of me.

I'm not attacking Stevie or anyone else here so i'm confused by the attacks from posters. But, it was a Bills event for Bills fans and this is a Bills fan forum. I'm merely discussing it.

I did not see that reply as @replies don't show up on feeds. And like I said in the OP, I may be reading something into nothing. But the timing of the joke and lack of joke indicators that he usually uses (i.e. 'lol', 'ha', etc.) raised an eyebrow with me.

But it appears the majority of people don't see it that way and that I was reading something into nothing. And i'm fine with that. I actually prefer me reading into nothing than the alternative of him actually being unhappy. But I thought it worth discussing. The stick's not up my ass. I'm not sure where this stick you speak of actually is, but yeah, not inside of me.

I'm not attacking Stevie or anyone else here so i'm confused by the attacks from posters. But, it was a Bills event for Bills fans and this is a Bills fan forum. I'm merely discussing it.

But it didn't stop you from making some veiled accusations. Nice.

PTR

But it didn't stop you from making some veiled accusations. Nice.

PTR

Where is this veiled accusation? Are you referring to my post of his tweet? If so, did I say he was most certainly taking a shot at Freddie? No. I specifically pointed out I may be reading something into nothing. And that's why I wanted to discuss it. I was interested in what the rest of you thought. And it seems you all think it was just a joke. Which is what I actually wanted to hear.

Yeah. I'm not understanding ANY of the criticism of the original poster, but that's just me.

As far as Stevie goes, it's not smart to judge anyone from just one act (or one failed act).

As an honest observation (and not judging him), Stevie's explanation simply doesn't hold water, IMO.

But he has a reputation as a real good guy and I know he's done lots of positive things… and no one's perfect.

Sounds like spoiled brat syndrome to me. All it takes is a call to say you can't make it due to a flat tire or whatever the problem is.

But I can't say I blame either guy for not wanting to go though. Who signs these guys up to drive over an hour there and another back again to do a 2 hour appearance?

Glad to hear Freddy was a man about it, and went above and beyond the call of duty for his fans.

Crickey, you guys are brutal sometimes.

Yep...There are still some cool Folks around here...But also some others who seemingly must be the most miserable d-bags walking the earth...It's incredible some of the trolling trash I read around here on a daily basis...It's sad really... B-)

so why didn't Stevie drive with Fred to Rochester

looks like he was planning to stiff all along or can't stand Fred

so why didn't Stevie drive with Fred to Rochester

looks like he was planning to stiff all along or can't stand Fred

Yes that must be it.

Stevie can't stand Fred.

Trying to make an interesting point out of this, it is interesting that both Stevie and Fred are hoping for contract extensions from the Bills.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan