Jets were openly mocking the Bills

1billsfan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, the Bills don't "suck". They had a bad day. They "sucked" yesterday, but they don't "suck."

And, who/where/when did anyone on the Bills talk [crap]? Never happened. Or, do you mean "we" as in this message board? And what does that have to do with anything that happened on the field yesterday?

The players and the fans, the players were better behaved though. The fans acted like fools all week, and at the game yesterday were giant jackasses towards anyone wearing Jets colors. There were multiple Bills fans that got kicked out near me for trying to instigate stuff with Jets fans.

We crumbled against a good team, maybe "suck" is a strong word, but we definitely aren't "good" the way we've played against the NY teams and Cincinatti.

I love this quote by LT. For one, he's illiterate. And two, even in his prime, I would have never called LT "physical." The guy epitomized "pretty ball."

haha! Someone should ask Complainian why he sat out that AFC championship game against the Pats, and why he was whining about the Pats mocking them...

I hate the Jets way more than the Pats because, IMO, they make a joke out of the NFL and the supposed discipline and hard work that the league was founded on. They really do bother me.

That being said, for the most part, the Jets have put their money where their mouth is. The Bills have not. Sunday's game was an embarrassment. The Bills were dominated in all aspects of the game. I'm not sure how this happened exactly. The Bills have been in EVERY single game this year and they've played some real good teams. I actually thought the Bills had a good matchup against the Jets going into the season bc they are well balanced and the Jets are not. I was way wrong, its the exact opposite. The Jets are built to dominate a team like the Bills. And they did. But even so, Gailey and Fitzpatrick deserve heat for that performance. They were incredibly unprepared. Not to mention that Gailey, who is supposedly an offensive genius, regurgitated the same plays he has called all season and refused to adapt once the Jets made clear that they figured the offense out.

Hope this is a lesson to everyone.

Yes, I needed a good ass-kicking-- like My Cousin Vinny.

The Jets finished the GAME... our defense did not.

You honestly don't think that giving up the 2nd longest drive of the entire season doesn't indicate a major problem with our defense? Yeah, they made a great play and stopped the score on that drive. But, if they were tired and wore down in the game... its not because our offense went 3 and out... it's because they repeatedly let the Jets convert 3rd and long after 3rd and long and stayed on the field for 10 minutes... in the first quarter alone.

Please show me how many 3rd and longs the Jets converted on. I'm not going to fact check you, the onus is on you to prove your own point, but my gut tells me you're talking out your behind on this one...

Defense couldn't get off the field and the offense couldn't stay on the field. Fitz played his worst game of the year by far. There were plays to be made when guys were open and he missed them badly. Freddie had his worst game as well that fumble was killer and he dropped a TD pass.

Should of stacked WRs a little more to avoid the bumps at the line, work a screen game in w/ fred and cj, split spiller out more - I don't remember seeing him at all.

The players and the fans, the players were better behaved though. The fans acted like fools all week, and at the game yesterday were giant jackasses towards anyone wearing Jets colors. There were multiple Bills fans that got kicked out near me for trying to instigate stuff with Jets fans.

We crumbled against a good team, maybe "suck" is a strong word, but we definitely aren't "good" the way we've played against the NY teams and Cincinatti.

So wait a minute. Your original post said that "we" (now understood to mean players and fans) talked [explitive] all week and got smacked in the face for it. But, really, it was never the players, just some rowdy, drunken a-holes in the upper tank yelling at Jets fans. Therefore, the deserved outcome of this trangression was the Bills getting thrashed by the NY Jets?

We were "good" five times this year, though. Which is pretty "good" over the course of eight games. Do as you like, but I'm thinking you should try not to overreact. I hate the Jets, too, but it's one game. If we win next Sunday, joy and optimism will return to Bills Land.

Please show me how many 3rd and longs the Jets converted on. I'm not going to fact check you, the onus is on you to prove your own point, but my gut tells me you're talking out your behind on this one...

I'm not the guy you're addressing, and you're right that there weren't many 3rd and longs the Jets converted on.

Essentially, though, that makes the fundamental point even more strongly.

There weren't 3rd and longs because most of the time the Jets were gaining ground steadily on 1st and 2nd down, and not even making it to 3rd down.

When the Jets did dig into a hole (2nd and 14, 2nd and 13) we let them out of it before they GOT to 3rd and long - most strong in my mind is a little dinky dunk pass on 2nd and 13 that went for 24 yrds due to RAC.

Somewhat strangely, if we'd let them convert 3rd and long, that actually would have marked a measureable defensive improvement :angry:

So I can't quite agree that this guy is "talking out of his behind", the fundamental underlying point (that the D wasn't stopping the Jets on several key drives) still holds.

We were "good" five times this year, though. Which is pretty "good" over the course of eight games. Do as you like, but I'm thinking you should try not to overreact. I hate the Jets, too, but it's one game. If we win next Sunday, joy and optimism will return to Bills Land.

Problem is not just that we lost this weekend. It was the way in which we lost and that we are alternating wins with losses since the Pats* victory. As of now, I am not sure if yesterday was a anamoly or did we blow our load already and are now fading away. We HAVE to beat the Cowboys and I think we can.

So wait a minute. Your original post said that "we" (now understood to mean players and fans) talked [explitive] all week and got smacked in the face for it. But, really, it was never the players, just some rowdy, drunken a-holes in the upper tank yelling at Jets fans. Therefore, the deserved outcome of this trangression was the Bills getting thrashed by the NY Jets?

I won't be happy until we have a winning record vs the Pats/Jets and make the playoffs. :)

I won't be happy until we have a winning record vs the Pats/Jets and make the playoffs. :)

I hear ya, sir. That would be nice. I think we are on the right track, though, which is why I'm not so down-trodden. Yesterday's loss was a real gut punch, but I think this team has the right stuff to rebound mentally and on the field.

Edited by The Kaz

Here's my take of the game yesterday, with a bunch of "I can't believes"...

1. I can't believe we couldn't get more pressure on Sanchez. We had 10 sacks last week.

2. I can't believe we didn't cover their receivers better. Our secondary has been smothering all season.

3. I can't believe Fitzpatrick's throws were off all day. It isn't like he had sore ribs or something.

4. I can't believe the Jets were focused on stopping Fred Jackson. How did they know he's the key to our offense?

Truth be told, twice this season (thrice, counting the Giants loss), our offense struggles against SOLID defenses. There is work to be done. And be honest, aren't you really surprised that our o-line is as good as it's been? The defense, on the other hand, is still a work in progress.

Bottom line, this team is better than last year but is not in the same league as the Jets, Steelers, Packers, et al.

It's funny how memories can tint reality. I went to nfl.com and looked at their first half drives. You're absolutely correct. They converted zero 3rd and longs. I stand corrected. However, if you take my original statement and and change... " the Jets convert 3rd and long after 3rd and long and stayed on the field" to " the Jets convert 2nd and long after 2nd and long and stayed on the field" it would be accurate.

So, I stand corrected. We need to improve our 1st and 2nd down defense. If we can ever get them to 3rd down; we're pretty good. <_<

Our defense is soft and weak.

==========================================================

Drive 1 -

17 play drive! Only 2 3rd downs (3-3, 3-4). However, they converted a 2-18, 2-14, and a 2-7.

So, they didn't have to get to 3rd down to have big conversions.

Drive 2 -

9 plays. Only one 3rd down, which brought up a punt. Again, they didn't get to 3rd

down, but did convert 1-15, 2-11, 1-14.

Drive 3 -

Another 9 play drive, with only one 3rd down which wasn't converted. Once again,

not needing 3rd downs as they converted 2-8, 2-7, 2-6.

Drive 4 -

Their last drive before the half; a couple of passes then FG try.

Bottom line, this team is better than last year but is not in the same league as the Jets, Steelers, Packers, et al.

No team is in the same league as the Pack right now. Not the Jets or Steelers, that's for sure. The Steelers are 0-2 against their hated division rival and biggest competitor for the division crown. How do you think their fans feel this morning? They aren't a "great" team. Neither are the Jets. They might have been better than us yesterday, but they aren't in a league too far.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823d1676/article/lt-jets-not-worried-about-bills-pretty-ball

Revis clearly wasn't concerned about who would hear the mockery since there was a CBS camera filming him and he was screaming at the top of his lungs. Sad truth was that he was right. Question is now, what do the Bills do about this next time they face them?

Sanchez runs up to McKelvin in the endzone after a TD pass and mocks him with the overly dramatic "excuse me ***hole" hands up brush by move.

Rex Ryan chest bumping Holmes.

The laughing and guffawing on the sidelines.

The Bills were openly mocked at home to a divisional team that clearly has zero fear of them since they did this knowing they still face each other in three short weeks. Sorry, but I can't ever recall seeing this kind of brashness before. As a fan of the Bills, it was truly embarrassing. What will the Bills do about it? Are they afraid of the Jets? If I were Chan I'd show the mocking on a loop in the locker room during Jet week.

I remember the Dolphins doing it in the 90's to get back we whipped their A$$ in Miami, was the heyday of the Bills-Fish rivalry with Kelly and Marino, the next year is when Brian Cox flipped off the crowd.

It's the way the Jets play. They are in your face, intimidating and will mock you to get into your head. It helps hide some of their weaknesses and allows them to play at a higher level. It seems to work. If the Bills can learn to beat the needed teams, I wouldn't be upset at all if they did the same thing. The Jets are playing with a weaker QB, as are we, and they seem to have figured out how to make it work. That said, the bills are also playing with a weaker QB, probably a career backup, but the also could make it work

It's funny how memories can tint reality. I went to nfl.com and looked at their first half drives. You're absolutely correct. They converted zero 3rd and longs. I stand corrected. However, if you take my original statement and and change... " the Jets convert 3rd and long after 3rd and long and stayed on the field" to " the Jets convert 2nd and long after 2nd and long and stayed on the field" it would be accurate.

We need to improve our 1st and 2nd down defense.

This I will agree to. We were off balance all day yesterday on first and second down.

How can you be a Bills fan and not have a problem watching those over-the-top T.D. celebrations? It made me sick.

I have no problems with what the Jets did.

They played well and deserved to do what ever they wanted.

I think scoring and jumping into the stands is a little over the top as well.

You don't like it...beat em next time.

I don't know. Gailey should've called more screens etc., but I was at the game and I can tell you - Fitz was missing wide-open WRs yesterday and throwing into coverage repeatedly. The routes were there, he just missed them. On that ridiculous sideline pass to Donald Jones that sailed out of bounds, David Nelson was running wide open down the middle of the field and Fitz had time. Happened a lot yesterday. Also, he wouldn't throw to his left for some reason and the Jets knew it, which scares the hell out of me.

No one is saying it but Fitz may have been limited due to the injury suffered against the Redskins. In any case, it's not all on him as the game plan needed a game plan and the defense needs even more help than even a healthy Williams would give them.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823d1676/article/lt-jets-not-worried-about-bills-pretty-ball

Revis clearly wasn't concerned about who would hear the mockery since there was a CBS camera filming him and he was screaming at the top of his lungs. Sad truth was that he was right. Question is now, what do the Bills do about this next time they face them?

Sanchez runs up to McKelvin in the endzone after a TD pass and mocks him with the overly dramatic "excuse me ***hole" hands up brush by move.

Rex Ryan chest bumping Holmes.

The laughing and guffawing on the sidelines.

The Bills were openly mocked at home to a divisional team that clearly has zero fear of them since they did this knowing they still face each other in three short weeks. Sorry, but I can't ever recall seeing this kind of brashness before. As a fan of the Bills, it was truly embarrassing. What will the Bills do about it? Are they afraid of the Jets? If I were Chan I'd show the mocking on a loop in the locker room during Jet week.

What is the difference between any of that stuff and Stevie Johnson writing crap on his t-shirt in Cincinnati last season? Answer:Nothing, same thing. It was a big game for the Jets, they went from having a down year, to maybe putting themselves in control of the division. The Bills were jumping and chest pumping all over the place when we beat the Patriots, is that mockery?