Aaron Schobel

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we do make the playoffs this year the only thing that would stink about it is that it will come just a bit too late for Schobel to experience it. He was a shining light during an otherwise disappointing era and he deserved to play for at least one successful team.

I just remember hearing how Unliked he was in the locker room, very "keep to himself." I remember being at training camp and when the D was not doing anything Mitchell was screwing around with some of the guys spraying water on them. All the guys were laughing and seemed to be bonding except him. Aaron was just sitting off to the side. When Mitchell crept up on him and sprayed a little on him, he literally snapped and almost started swinging. The other guys were telling him to chill out etc. Now I love the guy he was a force at end, and I may be reading waaaaay to much into what I saw but let's face it, the guy no longer loved the game and wanted to retire. Now the rough times back then could def try even the strongest hearted guys but he kinda pulled a TIKI on us. Why even consider him coming back now that these guys got something going

Edited by Owf71

I just remember hearing how Unliked he was in the locker room, very "keep to himself." I remember being at training camp and when the D was not doing anything Mitchell was screwing around with some of the guys spraying water on them. All the guys were laughing and seemed to be bonding except him. Aaron was just sitting off to the side. When Mitchell crept up on him and sprayed a little on him, he literally snapped and almost started swinging. The other guys were telling him to chill out etc. Now I love the guy he was a force at end, and I may be reading waaaaay to much into what I saw but let's face it, the guy no longer loved the game and wanted to retire. Now the rough times back then could def try even the strongest hearted guys but he kinda pulled a TIKI on us. Why even consider him coming back now that these guys got something going

The guy probably hated playing for a perennial loser and lost his mojo that way. Maybe he's getting the itch. If Kyle Williams goes on IR, I wonder....

But even if he kept in shape all this time, could he really just step in? Is 34 too old?

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

The guy probably hated playing for a perennial loser and lost his mojo that way. Maybe he's getting the itch. If Kyle Williams goes on IR, I wonder....

But even if he kept in shape all this time, could he really just step in? Is 34 too old?

PTR

Bruce wasn't old too.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

PTR

I'm just not cool with him loosing his mojo when times were tough, and now starts showing up again when we're winning. This is a team w/ character and that act showed he had none. If your girl dumped you when you were down on your luck, are you gonna take her back if you hit the lottery? Since Poz said he wanted to play for a contender should we let him back too now since we are and Jags are struggling

I'm just not cool with him loosing his mojo when times were tough, and now starts showing up again when we're winning. This is a team w/ character and that act showed he had none. If your girl dumped you when you were down on your luck, are you gonna take her back if you hit the lottery? Since Poz said he wanted to play for a contender should we let him back too now since we are and Jags are struggling

So getting pissed about guys playing grab ass when the team sucks is lack of character? And Posluzny couldn't carry Schobel's !@#$ing jock, so that point is ridiculous.

So getting pissed about guys playing grab ass when the team sucks is lack of character? And Posluzny couldn't carry Schobel's !@#$ing jock, so that point is ridiculous.

Quitting when the chips are down is a major lack of character! And you misread I'm not comparing him and Poz as players. They both wanted out of Buffalo. Why would we want any of them back? Schobel was a bright spot in a dark decade and he chose to leave his legacy in it.

Quitting when the chips are down is a major lack of character! And you misread I'm not comparing him and Poz as players. They both wanted out of Buffalo. Why would we want any of them back? Schobel was a bright spot in a dark decade and he chose to leave his legacy in it.

Did Schobel quit or retire?

These are two different things. He didnt want to play no more. Not a big deal. Imagine the fun of playing your guts out on Defense and having to watch Rob Johnson, JP Losman and Trent Edwards with Corpse as your head coach! :death:

When one guy does so much for you for ten years and you do nothing to repay that loyalty obviously he is gonna see that and stop having that love for doing something. He was a great player and I hope he is trying to make a comeback because I bet he has at least 11 games left.

Not a team player and he screwed us with his indecision. He's a quiter. When did he ever really make the big play when it was needed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Schobel

He had 78 sacks I consider all of those big plays especially when we needed it. I really dont understand the hate for a guy that was one of our only legit players on horrible teams.