Scott Norwood to be in attendance on Sunday

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was 60.6 % from 40-49 yds in his carreer. Compared to a kicker who actually makes fieldgoals in superbowls , Adam Vinatieri at 71.7% for the carreer from that far. I would say that he was not the best kicker for that range. I still feel like there should be no one booing this guy. He did help us get there that year that we lost.

Edited by MClem06

They know for a fact that he missed

that !@#$in' field goal on purpose.

That he got paid money

and he missed it on purpose, okay ?

That mother!@#$. That mother!@#$.

l wonder how much.

l wonder how much that mother!@#$

got paid to ruin my !@#$in' life.

Is this from Buffalo 66 or are you a raving lunatic?

I'm guessing he doesn't stop thinking about it either. I say we all hug it out and get on with our lives. Finally let ourselves look ahead and enjoy the way our team is now performing. Those years are over. The future is now. Let it go.

For what it's worth, I hear he's a good guy.

Edited by TheBows

Think about your audience. Those of us 40 years old and beyond laugh at anyone who would think of booing the guy.

+1. I like taking the immortal Kent Hull's view of the matter:

"In the locker room in Tampa Stadium after losing to the Giants in Super Bowl 25, Hull watched as Scott Norwood, still in his uniform, patiently answered every question and blamed no one but himself. As he was about to leave, Hull went over to Norwood and told him that if everyone, including himself, had done their jobs just a little better, that field-goal attempt would’ve been from a lot closer than 47 yards. Hull then waited for Norwood to shower and dress and, finally, the two teammates walked out together, into the night." http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/remembering-kent-hull-a-bills-mainstay/

Kicker Scott Norwood ... will be in attendance on Sunday to receive the Ralph C. Wilson Distinguished Service Award during the first break of the first quarter.

Booing him for recieving that award is like booing Mother Theresa. Okay, maybe not that much, so maybe, uhhh... it would be like booing soliders returning from overseas. Or your local fire department. Or booing Dr. Andrew Cappuccino. Or Kevin Everett.

So do we BOOH him? I wanna have a heart and not boo the guy for a tough field goal, but this may be our last chance to BOOH him :unsure:

How about BOOOOing the pathetic Bills "D" that day that allowed Ingram that ridiculous first down on 3rd and 18 along with the Giants 40 minutes of time of posession. Yes. he missed a tough kick, but the "D" is who should be blamed for that loss IMHO....

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Good point.

l'll tell you what

l'm gonna do. Listen.

When l get out of here,

l'm gonna !@#$in' kill him.

l swear to God,

l'm gonna !@#$in' kill him.

That mother!@#$in',

ten-cent field goal kicker.

l'm gonna kill him.

l'll tell you something.

Edited by Chef Jim

The reality is that Scott Norwood has become the unfortunate scapegoat for a team that collectively choked a winnable game away. He missed a 47 yarder...hardly an automatic field goal for any kicker. Levy was badly outcoached, and the rest of the team spent too much time partying and getting drunk beforehand. The outcome of a game is determined by the sum total of plays and not by any one particular play.

If you plan on booing Norwood on Sunday, then you should quit calling yourself a Bills fan because you are a !@#$ing disgrace to the rest of us who call ourselves Bills fans.

I agree with you, well said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Separate subject, your avatar is really bad. Sorry, had to say it.

Well said. The performance of the rest of the team that day was an absolute discrace. Thomas SUCKED. Norwood missed a difficult field goal that only has a 50% chance of being made. Add in the fact and stress of the Super Bowl and it's even more difficult. If Thurman wasn't partying so much, and Kelly could beat a backup QB on the other side, perhaps we wouldn't have needed a last second kick.

We got beat by a bunch of no-names. Meggett, Hostletler, etc. Total epic fail on the Bills part. Levy was a terrible HC. Stick him on a team not loaded with Bill Polian talent and he's Dick Jauron. Yeah, I said it. Levy=Jauron.

You, sir, are a lunatic.

I'd wager 3/4 or more of the coaches you think could/would do as well as Levy did with this group would fail and fail miserably. There's more to coaching than gathering a bunch of superstar talents and pointing them where to go. Getting a group of massive egos and larger-than-life personalities to mesh as a cohesive whole for sixty minutes on Sunday and produce winning football year after year might sound easy to you, but the rest of the rational, upright-and-breathing world understands how hard a task that is.

Let's not be like the trashy, sports-ignorant Boston fans who blame their team's shared failure only on Buckner.

Norwood is one of us, our lovable loser forever and always, and shares equally in the misery of four straight Super Bowl losses. More than anyone else, he epitomizes the ethos of humiliating sports failure in Buffalo.

To paraphrase lieutenant Frank Drebin, four Superbowls and no rings might not amount to a hill of beans, but this is OUR HILL, and these are OUR BEANS!!!

"We want Scott! We want Scott! We want Scott!"

Well said. The performance of the rest of the team that day was an absolute discrace. Thomas SUCKED. Norwood missed a difficult field goal that only has a 50% chance of being made. Add in the fact and stress of the Super Bowl and it's even more difficult. If Thurman wasn't partying so much, and Kelly could beat a backup QB on the other side, perhaps we wouldn't have needed a last second kick.

Thomas who? If you mean Thurman, then you have to be kidding me. 15 carries for 135. 190 total yards from scrimmage. Anyone who knows anything about football knows Thurman would have been the MVP of that game if Scott's kick had gone through the uprights. Ottis Anderson as MVP was a joke, but someone from the winning team always gets it. As for the original topic, cheers to Scott for coming back to accept the well deserved award. Anyone who boos him is an a**hole.

Edited by BarkLessWagMore

Thomas who? If you mean Thurman, then you have to be kidding me. 15 carries for 135. 190 total yards from scrimmage. Anyone who knows anything about football knows Thurman would have been the MVP of that game if Scott's kick had gone through the uprights. Ottis Anderson as MVP was a joke, but someone from the winning team always gets it. As for the original topic, cheers to Scott for coming back to accept the well deserved award. Anyone who boos him is an a**hole.

Many people feel TT should have been MVP in that game, regardless. What he did in 19 minutes of possession time was amazing. Ottis Anderson should have taken our entire defense to Disney World with him.

Sunday, the fans should give Norwood a 10 minute standing ovation. Much like they did in Niagara Square after SBXV. That dude made a TON of clutch kicks as the Bills were ascending in the late 80s. The award he's getting is for his distinguished career, after all.

GO BILLS!!!

I agree with you, well said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Separate subject, your avatar is really bad. Sorry, had to say it.

Totally agree!!!! Marv levy was totally over-rated as a HC. With that many HOF's on the team, they won in spite of themselves. When it really mattered, especially vs. the Ginats and Redskins, he didn't hvae the answers. What a shame....

+1. I like taking the immortal Kent Hull's view of the matter:

"In the locker room in Tampa Stadium after losing to the Giants in Super Bowl 25, Hull watched as Scott Norwood, still in his uniform, patiently answered every question and blamed no one but himself. As he was about to leave, Hull went over to Norwood and told him that if everyone, including himself, had done their jobs just a little better, that field-goal attempt would’ve been from a lot closer than 47 yards. Hull then waited for Norwood to shower and dress and, finally, the two teammates walked out together, into the night." http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/remembering-kent-hull-a-bills-mainstay/

Thanks for posting this. I didn't know about Hull's reaction and it makes me respect him even more than before.

Norwood won a decent number of games for the Bills before that kick and a few after that kick. Was he the best kicker ever? Absolutely not, but he was a good player. There were a lot of reasons the Bills didn't win Super Bowl XXV. Norwood gets dumped on because his miss was the most dramatic and most memorable play. There were mistakes made by the coaches, by players on offense and defense. None of the Bills hold Norwood responsible for the loss, why should any fan (or someone who claims to be a fan)?