Bills vs Zebras

JinWPB

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to start this topic out by admitting that being a Bills fan, I have a very bias opinion. But in all honesty, This weeks Jets game so far has been a one sided affair when it comes to getting big penalties called and getting plays called.

The First play I want to talk about is the George Wilson interception in the first half called back. anyone with eyes could see that he had his hand under the back of the ball wen he hit the ground! Even Phil Simms saw that it was a pick!! the head referee spent a total of 74 seconds looking at the play and somehow got a better view than the rest of the stadium. regardless, nick folk went on to kick a 49 yard field goal for the lead.

Later on in the third quarter, Plax had what I thought was a blatant push off on McKelvin that took them down to the 1 yard line. LT would later get the first TD of the game.

One last play that I want to mention was the pass interference call on Florence when he tripped over himself and his helmet hit santonio holmes in the back of his ankle, causing him to trip. First of all I would debate that that was an unteachable ball as it was overthrown through the back of the end-zone. But if they truly believe that it was pass interference then cromartie should have gotten one too for that same damn rout against nelson in the third quarter.

what do you think guys? you seeing what Im seeing or am I just getting too into the game?

lets not forget making on 3rd down and they still called it short after the ball was clearly past the first down mark. :angry:

The refs did suck, but its time to man up and admit we got beat by a better prepared team today. Time to regroup, pull out the next two, and figure out what we can do to beat this team in 3 weeks.

Fixed it for you. I put this one on Chan and his staff. Weak game plan = weak effort. The guys were flat. Of course, JESTS having a bye week to prepare didn't help us any. That used to be the Patsie's* slot - playing us after their bye week.

Over all, a suckitatious effort by the entire team.

I want to start this topic out by admitting that being a Bills fan, I have a very bias opinion. But in all honesty, This weeks Jets game so far has been a one sided affair when it comes to getting big penalties called and getting plays called.

The First play I want to talk about is the George Wilson interception in the first half called back. anyone with eyes could see that he had his hand under the back of the ball wen he hit the ground! Even Phil Simms saw that it was a pick!! the head referee spent a total of 74 seconds looking at the play and somehow got a better view than the rest of the stadium. regardless, nick folk went on to kick a 49 yard field goal for the lead.

Later on in the third quarter, Plax had what I thought was a blatant push off on McKelvin that took them down to the 1 yard line. LT would later get the first TD of the game.

One last play that I want to mention was the pass interference call on Florence when he tripped over himself and his helmet hit santonio holmes in the back of his ankle, causing him to trip. First of all I would debate that that was an unteachable ball as it was overthrown through the back of the end-zone. But if they truly believe that it was pass interference then cromartie should have gotten one too for that same damn rout against nelson in the third quarter.

what do you think guys? you seeing what Im seeing or am I just getting too into the game?

As much as I would like to hang the blame on the Refs...I don't think they're the reason we gotten beaten like a rented mule today....

Fixed it for you. I put this one on Chan and his staff. Weak game plan = weak effort. The guys were flat. Of course, JESTS having a bye week to prepare didn't help us any. That used to be the Patsie's* slot - playing us after their bye week.

Over all, a suckitatious effort by the entire team.

You think it's mostly preparation? :blink:

The Bills have been outscored by the Jets 103-32 in the past 3 Games...I think it's a bit more than preparation...It's a HUGE match-up problem for The Bills and probably the biggest reason they tried to get bigger and more physical in the off-season...Looks like there is still a ton of work to do on that end...The Jets currently OWN The Bills...It's not even close... B-)

good thread, but you forgot to mention the Freddy fly that was a non-call with the DB all over his back...

But it's a typical Hoculli head ref game... He WILL NOT call a game that favors our Bills for whatever reason his small mind reasons... Anyone else remember the ridiculous calls in the Cinci game??? Remember who the head ref was??? DING-DING!!!!

Look... there are, and should be arguments stating that a "good" team can overcome bad officiating.. But that also means that a good team can overcome 1 or 2 bad calls to win a game, not this bu11sh1t. There are now at least 5, game changing, official calls listed in this thread, and it's only the start... No team, can overcome all that....

Here's hoping, FINALLY, Chix sends a tape to the NFL asking, WTF?????

Finally..... Last year at this time we were 0 for 8.... I'll take 5-3 over that any day, week, month or year.... GO BILLS!!!!

Wilson's pick hit the ground

Correct

and Plax didn't push off and

Are you blind too?

McKelvin was guilty of PI.

incorrect

Stop making up excuses.

It is possible to have a discussion with horrible refering without the discussion infering that is the reason the Bills lost

The Bills got their asses handed to them today.

Correct

And Why dis everyone forget about the non PI in the end zone.

you clearly do not understand what straw-man argument means.

People are criticizing the refs, and the ref apologists are saying that the refs weren't the reason that the Bills lost, which is not what those critical of the refs were stating. Seems like a strawman argument to me...

I was agreeing with you, BTW

Was the officiating uneven? In my opinion, absolutely. With all the press coverage the Jets play, the first penalty against them was with the 4th quarter halfway over?

with that being said...

Did the Jets outplay us? absolutely. Would the refs calling the penalties more evenly have made us win? absolutely not. We were outplayed that thoroughly.

People are criticizing the refs, and the ref apologists are saying that the refs weren't the reason that the Bills lost, which is not what those critical of the refs were stating. Seems like a strawman argument to me...

I was agreeing with you, BTW

Now that you've sorted that out, maybe you two can change each other's tampons.

Wilson's pick hit the ground and Plax didn't push off and McKelvin was guilty of PI. Stop making up excuses. The Bills got their asses handed to them today.

The Ball can hit the ground as long as it's being controlled...It was called an INT on the field which means there needs to be indisputable evidence that the Ball hit the ground before Wilson was able to secure it...It looked pretty clear to me that he got the hand underneath to secure it...Indisputable evidence to overturn? No way...

That being said it is pretty clear the Jets are a terrible match-up for the Bills and they simply own them now...Still...They don't need the help they got...And they got a lot of help... B-)

Now that you've sorted that out, maybe you two can change each other's tampons.

Ref apologist, I take it?

Edit: haha, nevermind, I just saw that you were the author of the worst post in this thread.

Edited by bills44