So I bought a ticket for this Sunday's game in Toronto

DEAR BILLS TORONTO SERIES TICKET PURCHASER:

YOU WANT THE NFL? IT'S TIME TO GO TO THE NFL!

Thank you for purchasing tickets for the Washington Redskins vs. Buffalo Bills game! Rogers Centre is pleased to host these two NFL teams as part of the Bills Toronto Series. Below is additional game-related information that we hope you find useful. We look forward to seeing you at Rogers Centre and hope you enjoy the game!

About the Event: In the 4th year of the Bills Toronto Series, the 4-2 Bills will host the 3-3 Washington Redskins in a regular season, NFL game. To get into the spirit of the game, FANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO WEAR RED AND BLUE BILLS' COLOURS. Also, after every Bills' touchdown, FANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO SING THE BILLS THEME SONG.

Click here for a special message from Bills RB Fred Jackson and to see a copy of the lyrics of the Bills theme song.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

11:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

The Budweiser Tailgate begins at 11 a.m. and runs until 3:30 p.m. on game day and provides an experience that stretches from east to west, north to south in the area surrounding Rogers Centre. The Budweiser Big Rig will be on site along with the Bud Girls, great music, tailgate-style food, prizes, giveaways and interactive elements including the Bills Toronto Series mechanical buffalo. Special appearances by the Buffalo Jills, Bills Alumni and Billy Buffalo will also help bring the spirit of a Bills tailgate to Rogers Centre.

The Budweiser Tailgate main stage - located outside of Gate 10 - will feature FINGER ELEVEN who will perform hit songs from their entire catalogue, including Paralyzer - their guitar-crunching anthem that made them a household name. They'll also perform songs from their sixth studio album, Life Turns Electric, nominated for Rock Album of the Year at the 2011 Juno Awards. Finger Eleven brings their trademark energy to the main stage starting at approximately 2:45 p.m.

Head down early to be part of the fun and tailgate, Toronto style. Please note that the beer garden begins serving at noon on game day.

GAME DAY INFORMATION:

Roof Status: Be prepared on game day for the roof to be closed. Rogers Centre is currently tracking weather patterns in the hopes that the roof can be opened for this fantastic match-up but it does not look likely that the weather will cooperate.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The laziest advertising firm ever came up with:

YOU WANT THE NFL? GO TO THE NFL

So I have to make a roster spot? That sounds like a lot of work.

Nope. I was looking for the WNBA but NFL came up first in the phone book.

Nope. I'm holding the spot for the XFL when it comes back around.

Why doesn't the NFL come to me?

Where are the f'n clydesdales?.......I WANT CLYDESDALES!!!!!

I've not seen the Budweiser girls... but ya never know, it's Halloween and they could throw in a couple of "corn fed" Bud girls that might appear close to clydesdales.

what an embarrassment for bills fans this whole thing is

God get over it. I have. I'd take all the whining more seriously if we didn't have 3 home games NOT sold out still. Would this game even be sold out if it were at RWS this weekend? Didn't it just snow?

PTR

God get over it. I have. I'd take all the whining more seriously if we didn't have 3 home games NOT sold out still. Would this game even be sold out if it were at RWS this weekend? Didn't it just snow?

PTR

I basically agree with you PTR - I do hate the loss of the Ralph atmosphere and 12-th man advantage but again some posters here simply are convinced Ralph is a money-hungry blah blah blah so any move he makes that makes money for the team is greedy yada yada. This deal with Toronto is a no brainer for a business - presale of the total gate at a hugely marked up price? Ummmmm, hmmmmmmm, yeh. I accept.

Now the huge downside is at least - IN PART - blamable on US FANS for not being willing to pay twice the cost (approximately) to drive even further than usual for the less tailgating (all drawbacks for us fans) but we still COULD attend if we wanted to (and could afford it). So far, I have consider the extra 2 hour drive but have yet to do so. So I am part of the problem.

Again I prefer to have all home games at The Ralph but I also want to keep the Bills in Buffalo and I simply do not agree with those that argue that this deal makes it more likely the Bills will move (especially north). This has been a loser for Toronto so far and big time. They have not shown that they can support a team....more the opposite. For a potential new owner - moving the Bills means losing the Toronto deal in addition to the Billion $ + other costs. I hope the Bills do not negotiate a new deal with two home games in Toronto but - if they do - I hope there can be some compromise with lower ticket prices and some more thought to tailgating.

I guess I feel like being flamed today...huh Promo?

Go Bills!

RnJ

I basically agree with you PTR - I do hate the loss of the Ralph atmosphere and 12-th man advantage but again some posters here simply are convinced Ralph is a money-hungry blah blah blah so any move he makes that makes money for the team is greedy yada yada. This deal with Toronto is a no brainer for a business - presale of the total gate at a hugely marked up price? Ummmmm, hmmmmmmm, yeh. I accept.

Now the huge downside is at least - IN PART - blamable on US FANS for not being willing to pay twice the cost (approximately) to drive even further than usual for the less tailgating (all drawbacks for us fans) but we still COULD attend if we wanted to (and could afford it). So far, I have consider the extra 2 hour drive but have yet to do so. So I am part of the problem.

Again I prefer to have all home games at The Ralph but I also want to keep the Bills in Buffalo and I simply do not agree with those that argue that this deal makes it more likely the Bills will move (especially north). This has been a loser for Toronto so far and big time. They have not shown that they can support a team....more the opposite. For a potential new owner - moving the Bills means losing the Toronto deal in addition to the Billion $ + other costs. I hope the Bills do not negotiate a new deal with two home games in Toronto but - if they do - I hope there can be some compromise with lower ticket prices and some more thought to tailgating.

I guess I feel like being flamed today...huh Promo?

Go Bills!

RnJ

Good post and fair points. I don't want the Bills playing games in Toronto either, but they are. I just bought 2 decent seats and 1 night in a hotel (walking distance to the game) for $199.00 plus taxes total. I'm taking my 6 year old son and I am pumped for the game. Is it the same as RWS? Not even close, but I am going to cheer my ass off and watch the Bills get win #5. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!

I do hate the loss of the Ralph atmosphere and 12-th man advantage

You know... this could be changed. If *fans* go to the game and make some noise... we can take back home field advantage. Problem is, up until this year, we didn't have much to cheer for.

I expect a change in atmosphere this year, which hopefully grows going forward if this deal continues.

Good post and fair points. I don't want the Bills playing games in Toronto either, but they are. I just bought 2 decent seats and 1 night in a hotel (walking distance to the game) for $199.00 plus taxes total. I'm taking my 6 year old son and I am pumped for the game. Is it the same as RWS? Not even close, but I am going to cheer my ass off and watch the Bills get win #5. :thumbsup:

GO BILLS!

This is EXACTLY what more Bills fans need to do!