Rogers Centre

SKRAAPY

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not only is it annoying playing a home game in Tornonto but making it worse is the Rodgers center is just awful

will the turf resemble whats in the Ralph now or what they have been using which resembled the old turf?

Edited by Max997

Understandable that you don't like the Toronto game, but you do realize this (regionalizing) is a key part of what makes the franchise financially viable in Buffalo, right?

Incorrect sir! This is not "regionalizing"....This was a one time MONEY GRAB for our greedy and senile owner. By the way, define viable for me. Thanks

Incorrect sir! This is not "regionalizing"....This was a one time MONEY GRAB for our greedy and senile owner. By the way, define viable for me. Thanks

Uh ya it is. I miss having a game at the ralph like everybody else but they needed to do this. People should commending Ralph and Russ for doing this.

That old CBA set teams up like Buffalo to fail, Rather than whine about it or move the team, they found a way to make 78 Million dollars and keep the Franchise afloat.

Buffalo is a small Market, you think they could survive without having Rochester as a market? Good business find ways to increase sales. Toronto is one of the largest cities in North America and relatively close to Buffalo. But we shouldnt try to get more fans from there? Increase our sales?

They are playing a few hours from the Ralph, its not like this game is being played in LA.

I'm not familiar with Toronto sports facilities, but is there nowhere else to play a football game besides that cavern?

It'd be nice if they could turn it into something like the NHL did with the outdoor hockey games and make it a unique experience.

Rather than whine about it or move the team, they found a way to make 78 Million dollars and keep the Franchise afloat.

By afloat do you mean that they were not making money without the Toronto game? Show me the year that they lost money prior to the Toronto deal.

Buffalo is a small Market, you think they could survive without having Rochester as a market? Good business find ways to increase sales. Toronto is one of the largest cities in North America and relatively close to Buffalo. But we shouldnt try to get more fans from there?

First of all, we do not play a game in Rochester. Second of all, regionalizing is fine, so as you make it about padding your fanbase. Have you even watched a previous game in Toronto?? There are more hosers there wearing 30 other NFL jersies than the two teams playing. It is not getting any more fans for the BUFFALO BILLS!

Edited by EndZoneCrew

I hate this week every season.

Gives up a competitive advantage and the Bills need every ounce they can get.

This organization doesnt 'need' this.

There is no way Toronto will ever consider the Bills as their 'home team' and pour in big-market corporate dollars over here. Once they do that, the Bills will just move there.

Im just waiting until we all get kicked in the gut the first time this week when all the NFL in Toronto talk starts, or the '2 games a season' talk, etc. Who is going to do it first? Brandon, Wilson, Goodell, that Canadian guy?

By afloat do you mean that they were not making money without the Toronto game? Show me the year that they lost money prior to the Toronto deal.

First of all, we do not play a game in Rochester. Second of all, regionalizing is fine, so as you make it about padding your fanbase. Have you even watched a previous game in Toronto?? There are more hosers there wearing 30 other NFL jersies than the two teams playing. It is not getting any more fans for the BUFFALO BILLS!

They have TC in Rochester. That would be including the Rochester market. I dont have time to look for the numbers right now but I've heard Russ say that boosted ticket sales from people in Rochester, including myself. The Toronto series has increased tickets sales from southern Ontario. Like it or not, its worked. Even if you dont see it on TV

I can't find numbers about losing money without the Toronto market, but if 78 Million is 78 Million. That money is real and it may help keep the Bills here. The packers played a game in Milwalkee every year for a few seasons. Those bastards! Money Grubbing cheats! (The Packers are pubically owned)

As far as fans wearing different jerseys in the stadium, The Bills still get that money, just like if a Jets fans buys a ticket to the ralph or you attend a game in Miami.

Actually, the prior poster was correct. Nearly 40% of Bills fans at the games are from Canada. Try crossing into Canada after a game at the Ralph. You will find it packed with people heading back to Canada. The region from Southern Ontario to Syracuse has somewhere between 5-8 million, making the Bills potential market HUGE if exploited correctly.

Ralph got a flat $78 million I believe. Rogers keeps ticket sales (or lack thereof).

Those Canadians coming across the border have already been Bills fans. For years. Ticket sales arent an issue here. Maybe we need more fans if they expand to a 100,000 seat stadium. Maybe if the team was a little better... season long sellouts would be more of a slam-dunk.

They could be losing money poo-pooing in Toronto and not getting a playoff games and/or home playoff games.

This is a money grab by Wilson and the NFL. If its anything more, I believe it is a segway into moving the Bills up there full-time.

If they want to make fans, or companies as fans, go up there and bus some execs down for some comped suites if they arent filled. Show them the real experience. Canadian fans almost unanimously prefer games in Buffalo anyway.

Understandable that you don't like the Toronto game, but you do realize this (regionalizing) is a key part of what makes the franchise financially viable in Buffalo, right?

This has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with expanding the region and EVERYTHING to do with getting more $$....period

Actually, the prior poster was correct. Nearly 40% of Bills fans at the games are from Canada. Try crossing into Canada after a game at the Ralph. You will find it packed with people heading back to Canada. The region from Southern Ontario to Syracuse has somewhere between 5-8 million, making the Bills potential market HUGE if exploited correctly.

40% are Canadians??? This number is really off, its actually closer to 2% or 15,000 per game according to http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/19/AR2007101900608.html.

I have seen estimates near 15 percent, but its not 40.

its just more money, sure that sounds good we are getting a fan base in toronto, but who cares unless u move the franchise their (which i hope we don't) then we don't need that support, sure its good too have support, but it isnt vital. Its about money, as someone said before we were making before our Toronto games, so really i don't think its needed and just let us play games at Ralph all seasons

40% are Canadians??? This number is really off, its actually closer to 2% or 15,000 per game according to http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/19/AR2007101900608.html.

I have seen estimates near 15 percent, but its not 40.

40% is high. I remember the last Monday Nighter against Dallas and Jaws said that 20% of the season ticket base were Canadian and they made a joke about them bringing in the higher alcohol beer for their Buffalo friends and that's why the crowds are so rowdy.

Speaking of the beer, my favorite part of being a Canadian at Bills games is the number of fun Bills fans I get to meet asking me if they can have one of my beers. Best icebreaker ever.

As for people complaining about losing a home game...there are plenty of tickets left. Make the drive (I'm driving 5 hours from Ottawa if I can get out of a prior commitment) and take back the Dome! We Bills fans can make it just as loud as the Ralph if we come out in full force.

Steeler fans travel all over to see their team play. Why can't Bills fans drive 1.5 hours to see the new Greatest Show on Turf?

Uh ya it is. I miss having a game at the ralph like everybody else but they needed to do this. People should commending Ralph and Russ for doing this.

That old CBA set teams up like Buffalo to fail, Rather than whine about it or move the team, they found a way to make 78 Million dollars and keep the Franchise afloat.

Buffalo is a small Market, you think they could survive without having Rochester as a market? Good business find ways to increase sales. Toronto is one of the largest cities in North America and relatively close to Buffalo. But we shouldnt try to get more fans from there? Increase our sales?

They are playing a few hours from the Ralph, its not like this game is being played in LA.

The old CBA set Buffalo up to fail??? What?? Ralph made record profits during that CBA--before the Rogers family donated the 78 million.

The franchise was well "afloat" before that, as others have pointed out. You've seen these games on TV--it's embarrassing for the Bills players and the organization: dead crowd, tons of fans for the opposing team, empty seats. Ask the players how they hev felt about this.

40% is high. I remember the last Monday Nighter against Dallas and Jaws said that 20% of the season ticket base were Canadian and they made a joke about them bringing in the higher alcohol beer for their Buffalo friends and that's why the crowds are so rowdy.

Speaking of the beer, my favorite part of being a Canadian at Bills games is the number of fun Bills fans I get to meet asking me if they can have one of my beers. Best icebreaker ever.

As for people complaining about losing a home game...there are plenty of tickets left. Make the drive (I'm driving 5 hours from Ottawa if I can get out of a prior commitment) and take back the Dome! We Bills fans can make it just as loud as the Ralph if we come out in full force.

Steeler fans travel all over to see their team play. Why can't Bills fans drive 1.5 hours to see the new Greatest Show on Turf?

I like your enthusiasm. I would rather not go, and I would rather many of my fellow Bills fans not go... and leave the game to be the embarassment it is.

If we all went, and it was a great, rowdy atmosphere... People would have ideas for more games or a permanent Toronto Bills "arrangement".