Rogers Centre

SKRAAPY

Incorrect sir! This is not "regionalizing"....This was a one time MONEY GRAB for our greedy and senile owner. By the way, define viable for me. Thanks

Why do you call him senile? I think Ralph is in ok shape for being 93. Unless you think you're cool picking on an old man.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always hated this idea. But this year I'm actually going to the game and it's only because they are playing well. If they were 2-4, I wouldn't go. I also live a 15 min walk from the stadium, so that makes it easy. My great hope is that because they are playing well more Bills fans (rather than general NFL fans) will be there. If I can cave, anyone can cave.

Incorrect sir! This is not "regionalizing"....This was a one time MONEY GRAB for our greedy and senile owner. By the way, define viable for me. Thanks

Yes, it is regionalizing...Toronto is in the 75 mile radius of Buffalo's market, which in NFL standards for the Buffalo Bills franchise is considered regionalizing in their market...

The Buffalo Bills have been regionalizing the team north of the border, since the 90's! It just so happens this 'money grab' is a deal, which benefits the Bills to play in Toronto by the late Ted Rogers and Larry Tanenbaum to further regionalize the Buffalo Bills within the Buffalo Bills 75 mile radius region!

This so called, regionalization of their market allows the Bills to stay in Buffalo--which, we have to thank Mr. Wilson, late Rogers and Tanenbaum for...By regionalizing, the City of Toronto, one of the largest media markets in North America, the Buffalo Bills increase their market capabilities and future longevity as a franchise in Buffalo!

Sorry, but the Bills need to regionalize Southern Ontario, as much as Molson and Timmy Ho's need to regionalize WNY!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

It's greater than 2% Canadians. I know this from simply trying to get over the Peace Bridge (one of three local international borders to the U.S) on a Sunday morning.

Agreed! Peace Bridge, Falls & Queenston-Lewiston are always packed Sunday mornings! It has to be greater than 2%!

15% is the number Goodell cites today:

http://www.buffaloru...o-roger-goodell

I didn't see this earlier, I'd say more than 20%...the number of Canadian season ticket holders is growing yearly!

It is regionalizing as defined by the Bills CEO. Google is my friend Google is my friend part 2

By "viable" I mean, a franchise that can remain in its existing market, despite being in an area that buys only 40,000 season tickets AT THE LOWEST TICKET PRICE IN THE NFL.

A franchise that is able to survive under these conditions MUST regionalize by any means possible. To believe otherwise is to be the NFL-fan equivalent of a flat-earther.

Edited by BillnutinHouston

40% are Canadians??? This number is really off, its actually closer to 2% or 15,000 per game according to http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/19/AR2007101900608.html.

I have seen estimates near 15 percent, but its not 40.

15,000 per game would be closer to 20% than 2%......

15,000 per game would be closer to 20% than 2%......

I'll say in the near future, I wouldn't be shocked to see Southern Ontarioians (or ites) become 20,000-25,000+ strong at games!

In fact, I would embrace it...based on this team needing the support of the Canadian population to survive!

Since the 1970's...Western New York has declined in population...

North West P.A. has had a decline in population

North Central P.A. has had a decline in population

Central NY has has a decline in population

Since the 1970's...the Southern Ontario population has increased!

Again, the Bills need Canadian support--Sorry, 'nay sayers' it's the only way this franchise will remain a franchise in WNY! 0:)

Edited by KollegeStudnet

If I lived in Buffalo, I'd be making the trip. You guys need to stop whining and get up to Toronto and make some freaking noise. Lets make it as real of a home game as we can for us, instead of moping about how we lost a home game. It's up to us, the fans and no one else.

By "viable" I mean, a franchise that can remain in its existing market, despite being in an area that buys only 40,000 season tickets AT THE LOWEST TICKET PRICE IN THE NFL.

A franchise that is able to survive under these conditions MUST regionalize by any means possible. To believe otherwise is to be the NFL-fan equivalent of a flat-earther.

This is a statement that is often stated that I take issue with. The team has had 1 brief sniff at the playoffs and lost to 3rd stringers in 11 seasons.

Last time they were 5-1, once they were 3-0, I was contacted by numerous friends each week looking for tickets. None were to be had. Stubhub/ebay were expensive. The stadium was packed and the buzz was high.

This season, same thing. 4-2. Not great... but I have people again calling me left and right for tickets. The best I can do right now for the Jets game is $85 plus a bunch of fees. Thats not too shabby.

Put a decent team on the field. Not great, and more can be charged for tickets. Management doesnt have to cry poverty. Instead they stick themselves in the constant trap/cycle and sell the whole franchise and fans short. As a fan, I would like for them to put a winning team out there before this regionalization business is necessary. The team makes plenty of money as is. If they bumped up the expenditures a bit for a few seasons, the amount of profit could be much higher. I just think there is a mandate to keep it all close to the vest and not make any splash into the yearly take.

also, IMO the entire marketing department and business development department has become lazy and stagnant and they have sold the Bills short.

Meanwhile, Tampa Bay in their 'competitive' stadium has a real decent team and they cant sell out. They should play some games in St Petersburg.

Why do you call him senile? I think Ralph is in ok shape for being 93. Unless you think you're cool picking on an old man.

Well, let's see Dr. Rosenpenis, call me crazy, but when you quote yourself during a speech, I take that as being senile! WILSON SAID!

Yes, it is regionalizing...Toronto is in the 75 mile radius of Buffalo's market, which in NFL standards for the Buffalo Bills franchise is considered regionalizing in their market...

The Buffalo Bills have been regionalizing the team north of the border, since the 90's! It just so happens this 'money grab' is a deal, which benefits the Bills to play in Toronto by the late Ted Rogers and Larry Tanenbaum to further regionalize the Buffalo Bills within the Buffalo Bills 75 mile radius region!

This so called, regionalization of their market allows the Bills to stay in Buffalo--which, we have to thank Mr. Wilson, late Rogers and Tanenbaum for...By regionalizing, the City of Toronto, one of the largest media markets in North America, the Buffalo Bills increase their market capabilities and future longevity as a franchise in Buffalo!

Sorry, but the Bills need to regionalize Southern Ontario, as much as Molson and Timmy Ho's need to regionalize WNY!

Canadians have been coming here forever! This was way before the Toronto game, thus the moving of one of our home games was not part of regionalization! What is so hard to grasp here?

Edited by EndZoneCrew

I'm going to be profound for a second here

Here we go***

Good football teams are never relocated.

Bad teams with small markets worry about being moved. Good owners spend some money and build good teams. Bad owners have bad teams and/or are cheap.

Our owner being cheap + our team being recently bad = fear of losing our team/buying in to the Toronto Series

Our team is on the rise(good)

Our owner is old

Old people eventually die

When we get a new owner

Goodbye Toronto

Actually, the prior poster was correct. Nearly 40% of Bills fans at the games are from Canada. Try crossing into Canada after a game at the Ralph. You will find it packed with people heading back to Canada. The region from Southern Ontario to Syracuse has somewhere between 5-8 million, making the Bills potential market HUGE if exploited correctly.

You're saying that almost 30,000 canooks come to Buffalo to see the games? I've heard Brandon say Rochester represents about 20k and I believe that. So following your number that leaves about 20k seats left for Buffalo residents?

Just because the border is packed after the game doesn't mean there are 30,000 people in from Canada. It's not even half that.

not only is it annoying playing a home game in Tornonto but making it worse is the Rodgers center is just awful

will the turf resemble whats in the Ralph now or what they have been using which resembled the old turf?

They're relocating the turf at RWS for the game; bb.com has photos up here http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/photo-gallery/New-Turf-Installation/

We have to think of the future. Would new owners (whoever they may be) be willing to bet close to $1 billion on a small Buffalo market that's only getting smaller?

But if we redefine the market as Buffalo-Rochester-Toronto, we have a chance of keeping the Bills in Buffalo for the long term.

I'm all in favor of regionalization and playing one game a year in TO. Better that than eventually playing 8 games per year in LA.

I'm going to be profound for a second here

Here we go***

Good football teams are never relocated.

Bad teams with small markets worry about being moved. Good owners spend some money and build good teams. Bad owners have bad teams and/or are cheap.

Our owner being cheap + our team being recently bad = fear of losing our team/buying in to the Toronto Series

Our team is on the rise(good)

Our owner is old

Old people eventually die

When we get a new owner

Goodbye Toronto

And Goodbye Bills

I think the last line got cut off, I fixed it for you

If it wasn't for the imaginary line drawn accross the lake and river dividing Buffalo and Southern Ontario, no one would have a problem with this. If Rochester had the ability to hold a regular season game, fans would be bringing up playing a game there to grow the team.

I don't get the huge problem here with some fans. If you don't think that Buffalo is a small market that will need help to survive and keep the team in Buffalo, you are living in a bit of a dream world. The only thing that keeps this team from losing large chunks of money every year is the fact that the team is paid off and the stadium is owned by Erie County and paid for.

We have to think of the future. Would new owners (whoever they may be) be willing to bet close to $1 billion on a small Buffalo market that's only getting smaller?

But if we redefine the market as Buffalo-Rochester-Toronto, we have a chance of keeping the Bills in Buffalo for the long term.

I'm all in favor of regionalization and playing one game a year in TO. Better that than eventually playing 8 games per year in LA.

+1000

I would worry about the franchise if they STOPPED playing games in Toronto. Those thinking to the contrary must, I repeat must get their heads out of the sand.

Its most likely that some random guy isnt going to buy the Bills as an investment. Its going to be more of a philanthropy move to keep them in Buffalo... with the business plan of them breaking even or making a bit of money.

If they are bought with investment in mind, just plan on the Mayflower Trucks pulling up.

Understandable that you don't like the Toronto game, but you do realize this (regionalizing) is a key part of what makes the franchise financially viable in Buffalo, right?

Haha, oh wow. Take me to your leader.

Uh ya it is. I miss having a game at the ralph like everybody else but they needed to do this. People should commending Ralph and Russ for doing this.

Wait multiple people actually believe this?

Russ is so awesome at brainwashing, err....his job it's sickening.